Last Chance Diplomacy

jesbro

To: Osamu Saito

I am Empress Mei of Shanghai and as a representative of the Chinese people I wish to have a meeting with you so that we can discuss the best way to diplomatically end this war that can possibly make both sides happy. I do not believe you were the ones who launched the initial nuclear attacks on China as the others believe and if so than there should be a way we can end this war peacefully before it is too late. Please send a reply stating where you would want to meet if you want to go forward with this meeting.

Sincerly,

Empress Mei of Shanghai

:Secure Reply:

either of us traveling across the east china sea would be suicidal, we can do a video conference whenever you would like, I am afraid the other two governments that make up China would rather use soldiers than words to solve this, it is pleasing to see at least one of the mainland governments is willing to discuss matters.

OOC: just start up a skype call or whatever technology you'd like to use.

Edited by Mogar

The military base had a video screen where the General would usually recieve orders from his superiors but since the attack it was now how the Empress was able to speak with the outside world. Her bodyguard named Sing Lee would be in the back of the room. "I know what you are planning and it is crazy."

"I am doing what Brian failed to do. There can still be One China but the governments of Northern and Southern China would rather bring destruction to us all before listening to reason. I may not be able to stop the Japanese and them from going to war but if I can at least keep us out of it I would have accomplished something."

"You seriously believe that secretly working with the Japanese can lead to the unity of all of China possibly under your rule?"

"It is better than having them lead us all to destruction. The Japanese were not the ones who attacked us and unless we can all unite against this common enemy there will be nothing we can do to stop him from taking over the world. If Jesse and his team can find the rest of the medallions before they do we might have a chance of finishing what Brian's father started and truly unite all of China into one great Empire."

A secure video line to Osamu Saito would be opened. "Mr Saito. I am Empress Mei of Shanghai and on the behalf of the true Chinese people I thank you for giving us the opportunity to have this meeting. Since the fall of the original PRC we have all been trying to once again unite all of China into one great Empire but the others believe it can only be done through Conquest and Domination. That is where they are wrong, I am not ready to go down a path that would lead to our destruction but I will do whatever I can to protect my people even if that means doing what the other two do not want me to do. I do not believe their lies when they say it was you who launched the attack on us and even have reports that prove it but they still refuse to listen to reason which is why I now come to you. I know this war is unavoidable at this point which is why whenever another attack on China happens, I ask that you please leave Shanghai out of the cross-hairs and help take down the two governments which would try to bring ruin to us all." 

Edited by jesbro

A secure video line to Osamu Saito would be opened. "Mr Saito. I am Empress Mei of Shanghai and on the behalf of the true Chinese people I thank you for giving us the opportunity to have this meeting. Since the fall of the original PRC we have all been trying to once again unite all of China into one great Empire but the others believe it can only be done through Conquest and Domination. That is where they are wrong, I am not ready to go down a path that would lead to our destruction but I will do whatever I can to protect my people even if that means doing what the other two do not want me to do. I do not believe their lies when they say it was you who launched the attack on us and even have reports that prove it but they still refuse to listen to reason which is why I now come to you. I know this war is unavoidable at this point which is why whenever another attack on China happens, that you please leave Shanghai out of the cross-hairs and help take down the two governments which would bring ruin to us all." 

"A pleasure to speak to you, I would like to begin by stating my sincerest apologies for the one nuclear weapon that Japan launched that was on the border of Shanghai and the Other Chinas. An unfortunate miscalculation, once the war is resolved we will send aid and provide financial assistance for those affected by the tragedy in the Principality of Shanghai. While the goal of reunited the Chinas is a commendable one, we have to ask, is it what the people of China want? So long as the answer to that is yes, we support that goal. The recent irrationally aggressive and belligerent actions of the Republic of China and the Empire of Northern China against the Philippines and ourselves has put both on the path of our entire continent becoming engulfed in the flames of nuclear holocaust.

I am hopeful a second round of tests will prove without a shadow of a doubt our innocence, but Her Imperial Majesty will not sign a peace agreement that would imply Japan is at fault for the nuclear escalation, as the first victims of a nuclear attack, we take our nuclear policy very seriously, and would not launch weapons without a valid thread to the home islands, in this particular case the launch of the Dong Feng 5s. I can promise no further attacks will come to Shanghai from our end, we have no interest in any further conflict, but it seems the Republic of China refuses any peace agreement that does not leave Taiwan firmly in the grip of Chinese rule, this goes against what the Taiwanese people have asked us for, and we feel the people's voice should be heard."

"And with Shanghai that is one of our Principals as well. The people's voices are always heard but the governments of Northern and Southern China do is only listen to what they want to hear. Yes the Chinese people do want a united China but only one that will secure peace and prosperity throughout the region and that is what the other 2 governments fail to hear. The land and power hungry leaders of those 2 other China's only care about themselves instead of what their people really want and would sacrifice them all before giving up their ambitions. There is only one way to end this war and that is going against what I originally promised them. In the end it may seem like I betrayed them but everything I have done has been for the good of the Chinese people and I would die before I let them destroy it all."