CNRP2 Optional Recognition discussion.

Mogar

quite simple really, eva feels she doesn't have to recognize anyone else over 50k ns, I feel the intent of that rule was that all 50k nations should not be given the ability to not recognize another nation of equal strength, merely to allow much smaller nations to not recognize the big boys, discuss.

Edited by Mogar

I believe that non-recognition should only work one way, which I also believe was the original intent, but sadly not written down as such:
Sub-50k NS nations should be able to not-recognise 50k+ NS nations. Nothing else.

I recognise most people above 50k NS. Just not Lynneth, because a few days ago I talked to him and he felt like gaming the system to cross the Pacific in lightning speed. Given his substantial size difference and potential to influence my RP for the worse, combined with a gamey attitude, I consider it my right to not recognise him, just like others could just not recognise my actions.

I recognise most people above 50k NS. Just not Lynneth, because a few days ago I talked to him and he felt like gaming the system to cross the Pacific in lightning speed. Given his substantial size difference and potential to influence my RP for the worse, combined with a gamey attitude, I consider it my right to not recognise him, just like others could just not recognise my actions.

so him gaming the system is unacceptable, and your response is to game the system in turn....

1. I am at a lower NS.
  2. If Lynneth stops being gamey, I'll recognise him.
  3. I'm pretty confident in my ability to stop you three together, as long as nukes don't fly. If they fly, we're all dead anyway.

Well isn't that arrogant, especially considering you've got no indication of my relative skill in combat, or anything else really.

Well isn't that arrogant, especially considering you've got no indication of my relative skill in combat, or anything else really.

Post and prove your skill then.

1. I am at a lower NS than you

2. he hasn't been gamey at all in my opinion, and if he has take it up with a GM, you don't make the rules here, they do.

3. we shall see.

1. You had a fair chance to not interact with me.
  2. He has pretty much gamed the timescale, claiming he is a non-combatant to move a fleet across the Pacific in almost no time. But given I'm not making rules up, I don't see how I'm in the wrong currently.
  3. As said, I'm waiting.

Optional recognition was stupid from the get-go, considering that once the nations get confirmed as "in", all their RP will matter. TBM has been pretty clear about that.

Agreed.

I am a GM, I say you all leave this to me/uberstein/Rudolph.

I've said this repeatedly to the lot of you meatheads. Recognize or not at your own peril. If lynneth is pulling something that needs addressing, we'll address it.

There is absolutely no bloody need for a thread about every damn little fart and hiccup in community role play.

How about this, I stop recognizing the OPs of discussion threads that can be resolved with a quick GM decision.

Particularly when we are about to vote on the over 50k rule that will bring far more clarity to the situation than we have now.

That being said, It seems like Lynneth has had ample time to get across the Pacific. So it would be my opinion that Eva needs to man up and carry on with it all.

Unless Eva, you can produce some sort of argument that would demonstrate there is no possible way Lynneth could get in place in the time that has passed.

Do so carefully, because it may well end up having the law of unintended consequences imposed.

Meaning, if you kiddies think that there is a time issue involving his movements, I may apply the same formula to your nuke restocking as well.

Also, do this in PM god damn it. Invite me, uberstein, Rudy the sexy, and Lynneth. Maybe through in that half wit Horo as well.

ps, I say half wit with love horo.

ok, no I don't.

Either way, keep all this dramatic crap off the forums and out of IRC and provide some respectable arguments in a private message.

Decisions good!

Arguing and acting like 4 year olds BAD!

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

The Optional Recognition ruling was to prevent 50k NS nations from picking on smaller nations.

However, what about a 200k NS nation picking on a 75K NS nation? We have the same thing, different people. So I can see where Eva comes from on this. However the new soldier caps, shall they be voted in, should fix that.

The Optional Recognition ruling was to prevent 50k NS nations from picking on smaller nations.

However, what about a 200k NS nation picking on a 75K NS nation? We have the same thing, different people. So I can see where Eva comes from on this. However the new soldier caps, shall they be voted in, should fix that.

This dicussion is done with. 

Eva can recognize lynneth or not at her own peril. Should she not recognize him and find half of her country gone on the map, she should not be surprised.

Its about to be made even more moot by the fact the over 50k vote will be done one of these days. 

This dicussion is done with. 

Eva can recognize lynneth or not at her own peril. Should she not recognize him and find half of her country gone on the map, she should not be surprised.

Its about to be made even more moot by the fact the over 50k vote will be done one of these days.

So for clarification to assure I got this right, if I did not recognize "CoolRperBoy12" and he's 50k NS and I'm 1K NS, can he still declare on me and win a war via auto advance if I did not reply? Edited by Rotavele

Post and prove your skill then.

1. You had a fair chance to not interact with me.
  2. He has pretty much gamed the timescale, claiming he is a non-combatant to move a fleet across the Pacific in almost no time. But given I'm not making rules up, I don't see how I'm in the wrong currently.
  3. As said, I'm waiting.

I'm still waiting. You people can talk all day on how I don't recognise you and I get said three times or so on how I'll have to carry the consequences, yet you fail to move the RP forward. So, either there's something happening soon, or I'll just post on my own.

I'm still waiting. You people can talk all day on how I don't recognise you and I get said three times or so on how I'll have to carry the consequences, yet you fail to move the RP forward. So, either there's something happening soon, or I'll just post on my own.

And you'll need to wait a little longer, I'm waiting on the response of another GM. 

You can  post on your own all you want, you know the consequences of ignoring Lynneth. 

And you'll need to wait a little longer, I'm waiting on the response of another GM. 

You can  post on your own all you want, you know the consequences of ignoring Lynneth. 

So, Lynneth and FHIC need the response of another GM to make IC movements or what? I think they should be perfectly fine posting without further bothering the GMs.