Baltic-Franco Diplomacy

Uberstein

Private Message to French Foreign Office:

The Baltic Union of Ubersteinia is interested in opening relations with France. We are willing to either host any official, or send an ambassador, whichever is more convenient.

((Ooc: posted from my phone, sorry for any typos or errors.))

Ambassador Visvaldas Maceness would board a private jet, his luggage limited to his briefcase and a satellite phone. The briefcase had been prepared by an economic advisor, Visvaldas planned to review it on the plane ride.

It wouldn't be a very long flight to the French capital, and the ambassador didn't entirely know to expect when he arrived. After all, the French were close to the Swedes. Still, he was optimistic.

The plane was guided down onto the runway without incident, the flight being quickly and efficiently taxied off the runway. A face that would soon be familiar to almost all foreign dignitaries visiting France greeted him when he got off the plane, being that of a certain girl named Aurelie, who'd been given the dubious privilege of being the primary person to greet and ferry about the various foreigners who visited on official business with the state of France, "Bonjour Monsieur Maceness, your Excellency." she says, "My name is Aurelie Arsenault, I'll be your guide for your stay. Follow me please."

She hands him a card with her number on it before she heads to the limo she'd been assigned for this particular emissary.

He replied in near-fluent French, though his accent showed that he hadn't actually spent any time around native speakers, "Thank you. I've never been in Orleans before...or France for that matter. Always wanted to visit though." He smiled and placed the card in his pocket, and entered the limousine.

Aurelie enters after him and signals for the driver to take them away, "I could arrange for you to have some time after the meeting to have a look around if you'd like."

[hr]

(Skip skip skip, going to speed this along a bit)

The limousine pulls, after about ten minutes of driving, pulls up to the Council building and Aurelie gets out, holding the door, "Here we are your Excellency." she leads him up the stairs into the building, passing the security checkpoint with her usual ease, and takes the man up to the Foreign Minister's office, holding the door open for him, "Good luck."

When he enters, Francoise stands, smiling and extending a hand to be shaken, "Monsieur Maceness, a pleasure to meet you, please have a seat."

Ambassador Maceness firmly shook Francoise's hand, "The pleasure is all mine." He took his seat and placed his briefcase on the floor besides him, "First of all, I wish to apologize on my government's behalf on how long its taken to contact France. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not as well funded as some of us would like."

((OOC: He opens his briefcase, revealing a BOMB! Haha, naw. :P ))

"Well, really, I wish to solidify the formal relations between our two states. Of course, both of our countries are security members in in EuroCom, but that hasn't stopped the Baltic Union from seeking independent treaties with individual nations. Our trade and optional defense pacts with Moscow, the Northlands, and Alvonia have all remained in place even with the signing of the EuroCom pact. As such, the Baltic Union is interested in a separate, redundant trade pact, possibly with a non-aggression pact, if that's all right with you."

"Also, my government would like to formally apologize for the exclusion from the original discussions forming EuroCom. No matter the situation that started the discussions, a second conference should have been held once the idea had matured into a pan-European alliance."

"Well, taking some articles from other pacts we've signed, "Both parties agree to not tariff, tax, or otherwise charge a fee for goods imported from the other nation, with the exception of nationalized industries or industries which have been agreed upon for protection. In addition, companies whose headquarters are in one nation shall be given preferential treatment over other nations'." is one such specific example. The industries the Baltic Union has nationalized are Healthcare, Life Insurance, Weapon Manufacturing, Agriculture, Power, Water, Gas/Fuel, Internet, and of course, Public Transportation including intranational air travel. Of course, foreign international air carriers are still allowed within the country."

He nods and considers for a moment, "That seems fair I suppose." he says after a little, "And a non-aggression pact? France is willing to engage in that as well of course. The less people we have to worry about the better, especially if some disaster befalls the European Community and it cannot be salvaged, God forbid."

"My government has the same stance. We have no urge for war, and would rather avoid it. It's one of the reasons why we held the Congress of Riga, it was a move meant to secure the Baltic Union's continued peaceful existence. Our actions within EuroCom have been along those lines as well. A non-aggression pact which can be relied upon in case of a worst case scenario of EuroCom dissolving seems to be in the best interests in both of our nations."

"I can't think of anything at the moment. My compliments to your office for its quick work in writing a treaty. I can sign temporarily on the points we've agreed on, and I'm positive that the President will ratify the treaty when I send a copy to Riga."