CNRP2 Nuclear Discussion

Zoot Zoot

Hardly intricate. The point is people don't usually fire nukes as they please. You only got this worried after I told you that if you were to be attacked, it would most likely be with nukes, as a joke, at which point you got highly defensive and silly for a few minutes.

The fact is that you have a biological weapons program. If I for example, invaded you, and you used those bio weapons on my soldiers or cities, damn right I'm going to nuke you. But people don't usually just decide to go for a nuclear first strike when they can overwhelm an opponent through force of arms. Most people simply use nukes if they themselves have been nuked or attacked with other WMD type weapons.

I am of course an exception to this general rule of thumb because I like my nukes, I don't /need/ them, but they give me peace of mind :D.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been receiving ooc threats by imperialist players who want to genocide the Hawaiian Race with nukes, so of I course I take it serious if I am deprived of my missile defense because it "breaks the SDI rule" when the nation range rule is simultaneously being broken in order to nuke Hawaii.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

OOC threats are to be taken exactly as that pal, just OOC. If such a player attacked you out of the blue, you could appeal it to the GM's and get it wiped. But if you provide a nation with a legitimate reason to attack you, there isnt much you can do.

Im fine with that, but dont pick which in game rules are enforced here and which ones arent... I have people telling me they can break one in game rule by nuking me, but I cant "break" the SDI in game rule by using my AEGIS and PATRIOT assets to their full capability. That's seriously fcked up and allows lazy big nations to get around all my intricate defenses by having over 9000 forces

So I take it you're going to use your in-game soldier and aircraft count from now on? This RP is based on CN - it is not CN.

Or maybe you shouldn't have an AEGIS if you don't have an SDI?

I carefully read the existing rules and AEGIS and Patriot missile defense are clearly allowed, but now people want to tell me my assets cant work because I dont have SDI.

If you guys dont recognize the capabilities I possess because of an in game technicality, then why should I recognize any nuclear attack by someone outside my NS range.

I refuse to recognize any nuclear attack on Hawaii which picks and chooses in-game rules. You can't say that I can't have AEGIS because I don't have SDI, and simultaneously say that you can break the in-game nation-range that protects small nations like mine from CubaQuerida's giant nukes. That is blatant hypocrisy and designed to keep small nations down, while simultaneously neutralizing wargame strategy and rewarding the button pushing methodology of lazy RPers with large nations.

Nothing stops you from attempting to bomb my nation with old fashioned dumb nukes, or arranging the missile spamming of my defenses with a large scale attack to distract my missile defense. AEGIS targets the delivery vehicle regardless of package, not the magical nuclear warhead that is afforded godmod protection. But you guys just want to be lazy and wipe out all my pages of strategic roleplay with a push of a button, then jack off afterwards while chanting "hurr durr where is your God now Tywin?"

Seriously, if nuclear war was so easy it would have been used more than twice in RL. Stop trying to be lazy. Go ahead and kick me out, you can't stop me from continuing my roleplay alone, and if you try to spam my threads I can spam yours right back. All I ask is a fair shake, that you stop selectively picking which rules are convenient for you people.

I refuse to recognize Tidy Bowl Man as a mod, who has repeatedly abused his moderator privileges by kicking and devoicing multiple people from the channel to stroke his personal ego. I will continue to roleplay as part of the CNRP2 community, as I have not broken any rules, only discussed such actions. Furthermore, Tidy lacks the authority to remove me from the Cn community and has stirred up anger previously among several players for his bipolar-like actions.

I call for immediate removal and replacement of Tidy Bowl Man as moderator for his unilateral actions in this thread and multiple attempts to silence and remove me and other players.

Ummmm.... Tywin, you do realize that you, not everyone else, might be the problem here? You are more or less trying to put in rules that are unwanted and unnecessary, and are trying to ignore existing rules.

Can you point out to me where I broke any rules, and deserve unilateral kicking from the game, banning from #cnrp2, and days of repeated devoicing for speaking my OOC opinion?

Can you point out to me where I broke any rules, and deserve unilateral kicking from the game, banning from #cnrp2, and days of repeated devoicing for speaking my OOC opinion?

You have repeatedly said that you will not recognize nuclear strikes against your nation, and that you will not recognize Tim as a general moderator. You can't simply walk up and say "I don't like this, so it doesn't exist." From my understanding, the rules remain in place until they are changed. You can't just ignore them. Doing so is a breach in the rules.

I can't say much about irc, as I wasn't there.