Thank You, Chimaera & MI6.

Cynic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone feels the need to donate to Cynic, we're still taking more.  I don't want to have helped a brother for a few weeks only for it to all come crashing back down around him.  Just get in contact with me and I'll get you the details.

Cynic is a damn good member of MI6 and a much damn better friend, and it's my absolute privilege to have been able to organize this for him.  He doesn't deserve for this to have happened.

Send me the details and I'll contribute.

It's always good to remember that even after so long we're all apart of the same community -- I'm sure there have been countless other similar acts done in CN's history and this won't be the last.

• 2 weeks later...

It is trully amazing who plays this game.  After all the BS, when real world problems begin to affect a persons life,  people come together to make their life better.

I myself have been on the receiving end of a situation like this,  only my problem was solved by a phone call.  

So always remember that,  there are real people that play this game from all walks of life.. Never under estimate the power of compassion 

I feel fortunate that a bout of insomnia and writer's block have happened me upon this. I read far too much about the callousness and cruelty of people towards those whom life has dealt a bad hand. It's always wonderful to hear the story told differently.

I missed this thread, seeing that I don't visit these parts often, but Cynic has been a good friend of mine through these games for a very long time (years). I didn't realize things had turned this bad for him. I see it's been a few weeks since this thread was started and I hope he's closer to being back on his feet. Keeping him in my prayers.

Just an update --

Cynic was able to get out of the shelter and find housing and purchase a car with everyone's help and what money he had left. He has found a job -- nothing special about it -- but with the car he is now able to search for more gainful employment. 

Thanks everyone for helping to get the word out and even more to those who have contributed -- It's nice to have made a difference for someone who just needed some help.

Edited by IYIyTh

Outstanding! I will pray for you, Cynic, that many blessings come your way, that you may live without want or fear. Thank you for sharing this, it reminds me that people from all walks of life play this game, and sometimes this game is an escape of sorts from the pressures of real life. It's comforting to know that there are people who care that much about one another, even though they have never personally met. Everything is going to be ok. 

• 2 months later...