Trans Pacific Parteners

TO: The Office of Osamu Saito, Minister of Foreign Affairs

FROM: Joshua Westbrook, Interim Commissioner of Foreign Affairs

SUBJ: Diplomatic Meeting

Dear Sir,

It is the desire of His Majesty the King, to see Alaska and Japan strike an accord concerning economic cooperation and the free trade of energy resources. I would very much like to organise a meeting so we may discuss these matters, and more.

Sincerly,

Joshua Westbrook,

Interim Commissioner of Foreign Affairs

TO: Joshua Westbrook, Interim Commissioner of Foreign Affairs
SUBJ: Diplomatic Meeting

Dear Sir,

My government would be pleased to create such an accord. You are welcomed to come to Tokyo to discuss details in person, unfortunately due to the rising tensions with the Republic of China, I am unable to pull myself away from country for any length of time. 

Sincerly,

Osamu Saito

Minister of Foreign Affairs

TO: The Office of Osamu Saito, Minister of Foreign Affairs

FROM: Joshua Westbrook, Interim Commissioner of Foreign Affairs

SUBJ: Re: Diplomatic Meeting

Dear Sir,

Your inability to attend is completely understandable. I am happy to meet with an adjutant of yours, or another government official. I wish you luck in negotiating a peaceful settlement with the governments of China.

God Bless,

Joshua Westbrook,

Interim Commissioner of Foreign Affairs

Joshua Westbrook would arrive in Japan with a small trade delegation. Himself and four staffers, as well as two representatives of each the Alyeska Energy Consortium, the Alaska-Columbia Timber Company, and the Alaska Commercial Company. The delegation would arrive by government jet in Tokyo a few days after the arrangements had been made by the Japanese hosts, taking up accommodation in a fine hotel in the Tokyo city centre.

• 3 weeks later...

The diplomatic delegation would be contacted a day after their arrival, giving them time to settle in and sight see if they wished. A diplomatic convoy would be sent to pick them up, containing three Lexus LF-Gh, the cars designed for a balance between  fuel efficiency and luxury, proving they are not mutually exclusive concepts. Their destination would be the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), where they would be met out front by Osamu Saito, the Foreign Minister,"Nice to meet you all, we decided to have the meeting here rather than at my office due to the company representation with you, I hope you understand."  he said shaking their hands.

He then brought to a meeting room inside, meeting Yukio Edano, the Minister of ETI. "I hope you gentlemen had a pleasant journey and find our City to be to your liking." she said warmly, offering her hand following western customs.

"Mr Saito, Miss Edano, it is a pleasure to meet you both" Joshua said, as he entered, "might I introduce you to some important representatives. This is Anthony and John Kingsford, of the Alyeska Energy Consortium."

"We're very pleased to be here. Japan is an important market for us, I hope you'll be open to what we have to say." The twins said as they entered and shook the hands of the Japanese ministers.

"And this is Anna Kozlov, of the Alaskan Commercial Company, they transport a great deal of good out of Alaska, as well as supplying isolated areas of the country." Joshua continued, before gesturing towards the last business representative. "And finally this Owen Durand, of the Alaska-Columbia Timber Company. As you can see Mr Saito and Miss Edano, we are here to talk bussiness." Joshua said with a smile.