PNN International News #19 - Now with Sir Paul's Embargo Sing-along!

I invite them to go for something with more impact and less fancy packaging.

There were too many tears in recent months concerning the terms to puff up now; Im not saying you should have been happy with the terms at all but they certainly didnt have a small impact. I am reminded of a certain musical artist that breezes through my wasteland from time to time...

Edited by JohnGulager

If anyone in the future comes around that has both the will and the power to try and keep the Order down, I invite them to go for something with more impact and less fancy packaging.

I, for one, eagerly await the day this quote is used to dry up your tears Edited by MitchellBade

I, for one, eagerly await the day this quote is used to dry up your tears

I've always been fairly open that I don't see anything particularly wrong with harsh terms being imposed on us. Obviously the NPO has the ability to just say no, and the ability to fight against them as much as possible (on both the physical and PR battlefield), but if in the end someone manages to impose such terms despite our fightback, and are prepared to accept the costs of doing so, then congratulations to them. I won't hold it against them.

It's war. You win some, you lose some, you move on.

I've always been fairly open that I don't see anything particularly wrong with harsh terms being imposed on us. Obviously the NPO has the ability to just say no, and the ability to fight against them as much as possible (on both the physical and PR battlefield), but if in the end someone manages to impose such terms despite our fightback, and are prepared to accept the costs of doing so, then congratulations to them. I won't hold it against them.

It's war. You win some, you lose some, you move on.

This was definitely true.  Now carry on everyone.

The individual nations were actually benefited rather than punished. They got to buff up all their warchests and didn't really miss out on any tech they weren't getting in the first place. The latter was the reason why in negotiations we offered 2x the length of the terms in import-restrictions only...which unfortunately, our opponents were smart and rejected - knowing as they did that the value of these nations was in what they send out, not in what they can bring in. Kudos to them.

But yes, the NPO has footed the bill of the terms as a collective, and prevailed over them as it is wont to do. If anyone in the future comes around that has both the will and the power to try and keep the Order down, I invite them to go for something with more impact and less fancy packaging.

It's easy for you to talk about how your alliance has prevailed against such lenient terms while completely ignoring NPO's previous attempt at completely restricting foreign aid flow for another alliance for up to six months on top of holding them at war individually for another three. However that alliance truly did prevail in not submitting to that extortion and coercion whereas the NPO lacked the strength and political acumen to avoid eating similar, albeit watered down, terms. Despite what you wanted us to believe these terms did not devastate your economic system and they certainly didn't cripple the NPO beyond repair. All of these statistics posted in this newsletter only confirm that the terms you were under were not harsh in the slightest and the concerted cries from the NPO's leadership on down about how they were being victimized are flat out disingenuous. 

That said, you're certainly welcome to keep publicly undermining your position by reminding the rest of us just how good you got off in spite of your attempt at reviving the Continuum's garbage terms. I'm sure that the next time you go to impose something similar and lose we'll see another round of 'woe-is-me' from the NPO when those terms are turned back on you.