Embassy of the Republic in New Babylon

Hereno

سفارة

embassy_1862795c.jpg

Embassy Staff:

Aamina Saqqaf, Ambassador to the Babylonian Empire

20 guards

---

Aamina has requested a meeting with a person or group of persons representing the Imperial government.
Edited by Hereno

Foreign Minister Darius of Basra would be dispatched the to embassy to meet with Ambassador Saqqaf. It wouldnt take long for him to arrive as all embassies were in close proximity to the Imperial Palace.

On arrival, he would enter the meeting and extend his hand.

"Ambassador Saqqaf, a pleasure to meet you, I am Darius, Foreign Minister of the Imperial Government, what is it that you wish to discuss with me today?"

Foreign Minister Darius of Basra would be dispatched the to embassy to meet with Ambassador Saqqaf. It wouldnt take long for him to arrive as all embassies were in close proximity to the Imperial Palace.

On arrival, he would enter the meeting and extend his hand.

"Ambassador Saqqaf, a pleasure to meet you, I am Darius, Foreign Minister of the Imperial Government, what is it that you wish to discuss with me today?"

Aamina shook his hand with assertiveness as she brought her cavernous brown eyes into lock with Darius'. She stated plainly, "I wish to speak to you about crafting a common vision of the region and working together to achieve it. We are by far the strongest states in the Islamic world, and each of us is steward to many ancient Holy cities. It is imperative, so believes my government, that our first and foremost duties are bringing stability to the region and ensuring peaceful travel between our nations for civilian or commercial purposes. Do you agree? What is your vision of our region in 1, 5, 10 years time?"

Aamina shook his hand with assertiveness as she brought her cavernous brown eyes into lock with Darius'. She stated plainly, "I wish to speak to you about crafting a common vision of the region and working together to achieve it. We are by far the strongest states in the Islamic world, and each of us is steward to many ancient Holy cities. It is imperative, so believes my government, that our first and foremost duties are bringing stability to the region and ensuring peaceful travel between our nations for civilian or commercial purposes. Do you agree? What is your vision of our region in 1, 5, 10 years time?"

"Ms Ambassador, the Empire is not an Islamic state, and all of the religions of the old world no longer exist within our borders, our religion is of the Faith and to the Holy God Emperor of New Babylon." responded Darius curtly as he took a seat and a drink of water.

"It is the view of the Emperor that we have shed enough blood expanding our lands in the fifty years between the collapse and today. Even mobilising our armed forces to seize strategic territories and roadways would cost billions to maintain and the repercussions for such an operation could prove costly the longer it endures until more states form themselves in the wastelands between the Republic and the Empire. Don't get me wrong, but those settlements out in the vastness of Arabia, Iran and the savages of Turkey, a state we fought a bitter war against to bring to heel, are all barbarians. Unpure, uncivilised peoples and the Empire will not be responsible for either killing them until they play along, or throwing money into a financial black hole until they start behaving like civilized people, which could and will take decades." he continued, once again taking a drink of water.

"The Emperor's view for the region over the next twenty years is to see the rise of more states in the region and expand our trade with such nations. New Babylon is at the center of the world Ambassador, our cities are the grandest and so the God Emperor believes it to be in our best interests to live up to such expectations. However, from a security stand point, we equally have a responsibility to the region to help maintain the regional integrety from external influence and military force. If this means deploying our military in an offensive posture to eliminate or better still, to deter a potential threat, then so be.

What about the Republic? What is the Republics grand plan for the region?"

We are happy to see the Empire take a stance against outside influence in the region. This is also an important defensive goal of the Republic. While we respect the policy of the Babylonians to promote their own racial unity, we do feel a certain obligation to the less civilized regions to bring them stability and security.

While we certainly would not want to limit potential Babylonian expansion into your traditional regions and buffer zones, we do have a trade interest in the Suez region of what was in ancient times Egypt. We take any external influence in that region very seriously, as we, like yourselves, are very much interested in the expansion of trade importance in the Middle East. In fact, the Republic was due to complete a Global Trade and Financial Center in the city of Aden, although I haven't yet heard if they actually did get it finished, due to being away in your country. Your government and businesses will, of course, be welcome to participate in that project.

Anyway, in light of our wish to protect and expand trade, we would also like to gauge the interest of your government in traffic to our Holy cities in the Levant. While we are a secular government, our people are mostly Muslim, unlike yours, which means that our people would be overjoyed by being able to visit the city of Jerusalem. What is your government's position on this potential influx of tourists?
Edited by Hereno

"I would not say racial purity Ambassador, we are just wary of committing to a military operation in the wastes without a one hundred percent certainty of success within a reasonible timeframe. That said, are you suggesting that New Babylon seize the Suez Canal in order to ensure your northwards trade in the Red Sea remains unmolested?" continued Darius, his curiosity getting the better of him.

I have no problem allowing people to visit the Holy Land, it is a Holy Land for many people, but the damage it suffered during the collapse was devestating. Whilst Imperial authorities have been restoring as many holy sites as possible for the preservation of history, not much remains when concerned with Old Jerusalem. I am sorry ambassador."

"I would not say racial purity Ambassador, we are just wary of committing to a military operation in the wastes without a one hundred percent certainty of success within a reasonible timeframe. That said, are you suggesting that New Babylon seize the Suez Canal in order to ensure your northwards trade in the Red Sea remains unmolested?" continued Darius, his curiosity getting the better of him.

I have no problem allowing people to visit the Holy Land, it is a Holy Land for many people, but the damage it suffered during the collapse was devestating. Whilst Imperial authorities have been restoring as many holy sites as possible for the preservation of history, not much remains when concerned with Old Jerusalem. I am sorry ambassador."

"...are you sure that it has been destroyed?" Her government had heard from multiple sources that Jerusalem had survived the war. Her questioning was obviously audible, but she was confident that she didn't reveal the truth with her words. She continued, "That is very unfortunate. My people will be devastated by the news."

"But, to answer your question, no. Quite the opposite. We would prefer to keep our namesake under our control."

"Jerusalem was not utterly destroyed, please don't get me wrong, but after the withdrawal of Athens as it retreated westwards to its homelands, the many factions in the province of Israel fought eachother for control over the region, the following violence saw the destruction of its many revered holy sites to remove the driving forces behind the militia factions. The Empire has been in the process for nearly a decade now of restoring these holy sites but progress has been slow. His Holiness believes the preservation of history is paramount, but when the people simply don't care about old ruins, whos mere presence nearly destroyed them, its simply difficult to rally people behind such a project. Petitions have been in the works for every year since work began in order to halt the work as its not wanted to simply put it." finished Darius.

"Your namesake stems from the Red Sea, not Suez Mr Ambassador. Whilst the Empire has no immediate intentions or future plans to claim the canal as our own, we would take an issue with the canal zone being the jurisdiction of one nation. That leaves the option of shutting down the waterway and blocking sea routes into the Med very easily."

After further deliberation, the final treaty was agreed upon:

Article 1: The Suez Canal and Surrounding Land.
...It is to be RSR-controlled and administered.

Article 2: The Babylonian Rights
...The Babylonian Empire may create and enforce trade embargoes against war-time opponents through blockade in the Suez Canal and Lower (near Egypt) Red Sea region.

We have heard of Babylonian conquests in Anatolia, or were these just merely rumors? The city of Cairo, as well as the Sinai peninsula have come under the control of the Republic, as has the rest of the Hejaz region. In tune with recent events, the President wishes to have us negotiate claims to potential settlement in the regions of Arabia not currently inhabited by either of our nations. Does the Empire have any conquests along the Persian Gulf or Najd region planned that it wishes to make aware to us?

"We have been considering annexing the region of Kuwait for some time now. Imperial peacekeepers have been in the region for decades, trading with the locals. However, recent events have forced to to reconsider that decision."

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"We have been considering annexing the region of Kuwait for some time now. Imperial peacekeepers have been in the region for decades, trading with the locals. However, recent events have forced to to reconsider that decision."

"Indeed. While the rumors of organization are out there, in the event that it collapses like the others, we should be prepared. The Red Sea Republic has no desire at this time to expand our borders after the large amount of citizens we've gained recently, but we also have no desire to leave our backyard ripe for infiltration by a foreign power. If the Republic were to recognize your claim of the Kuwaiti region, would we have your support in establishing a protectorate encompassing the rest of Arabia?"