Defcon bug

ChessTyrant

My TE nation has caught the defcon op bug. 

DEFCON 5 - Due to recent spy operations against your nation you must collect taxes in order to change your DEFCON Level.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000198

This is the third one I have seen happen in the last month or so; might be worth checking what is corrupting this functionality. I know with mine, my religion had been spied if that helps.

This is the third one I have seen happen in the last month or so; might be worth checking what is corrupting this functionality. I know with mine, my religion had been spied if that helps.

same, I wonder if it's tied to having religion spied somehow.

And now it's the 23rd and I can't change it back. There's no circumstances under which I should have to collect taxes to change my defcon anyway. 

For the theorists: my religion hasn't been spied, so that can't be tied to it. 

There's no circumstances under which I should have to collect taxes to change my defcon anyway.

It's actually working the way it's suppose to now. This feature was broken before.

I got the bug today.  Defcon was spied yesterday.

DEFCON 5 - Due to recent spy operations against your nation you must collect taxes in order to change your DEFCON Level.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000001

No spy ops done on me today.

It's actually working the way it's suppose to now. This feature was broken before.

• Destroy Cruise Missiles (Max 5) = $10,000 + (1 x enemy nation strength)
  • Destroy Defending Tanks (Max 10%) = $10,000 + (2 x enemy nation strength)
  • Destroy Land (Random number chosen between 5-15) = $10,000 + (3 x enemy nation strength)
  • Incite Government Propaganda (New desired government randomly chosen) = $10,000 + (3 x enemy nation strength) [Defender required to collect taxes to change]
  • Incite Religious Propaganda (New desired religion randomly chosen) = $10,000  + (3 x enemy nation strength) [Defender required to collect taxes to change]
  • Change Threat Level (New level randomly chosen) = $15,000  + (1 x enemy nation strength) [Defender required to collect taxes to change]
  • Change DEFCON Level (New level randomly chosen) = $15,000  + (5 x enemy nation strength)
  • Gather Intelligence (See money reserves, non-secret trade partners, enemy general XP ratings, etc...) = $20,000 + (2 x enemy nation strength)
  • Assassinate Enemy Spies (Max 20) = $25,000  + (2 x enemy nation strength)
  • Assassinate Enemy Generals = $25,000  + (2 x enemy nation strength)
  • Destroy Technology (Random number chosen between 5-15) = $30,000 + (2 x enemy nation strength)
  • Sabotage IRS Proficiency (New tax rate randomly produced, 1-5% lower than old tax rate, low limit of 23%) = $10,000 + (20 x enemy nation strength x enemy number of days inactive) [Defender required to collect taxes to change]
  • Destroy Money Reserves (Max 5% or 1 Million) = $30,000 + (15 x enemy nation strength)
  • Destroy Infrastructure (Random number chosen between 5-15) = $50,000 + (5 x enemy nation strength)
  • Destroy Nuclear Weapons (Max 1) = $50,000 + (15 x enemy nation strength)

The tag for this operation has never had before the defender required to collect, and still does not.  Previously it has always worked as the tool tip suggests. I will venture to say that switching this will be a very big change to the ways wars are conducted, and not something that should happen midround in TE, if at all.

But mostly for SE, this seems like a pretty big change, forcing daily collections in nuclear anarchy or fighting a full round in d5?  I think a change of this magnitude might benefit from more feedback before being implemented, even if it matches an original intention.

Wow, you're right hartfw. What's odd is that the code has been in place to require collection after a defcon spy op all along, it just wasn't working properly. But if it's not in the index then I certainly can't change it mid tournament round. I've put everything back to the way it was working before. TBRaiders you should be able to change your DEFCON now. ChessTyrant see your PM. Anyone else who had to collect to change their DEFCON may contact me via PM.

Thanks so much! 

For what its worth, I would definitely have this stays the way it has been in the past, but it could be something highly worth playing around with in r31 (shameless plug for doing a r31) in TE, before adopting in SE.