The reason CN is the way it is

Ogaden

The reason why wars are so lopsided is very simple.  No-one sets out to start a war they will lose, before pulling the trigger and starting a war, coalitions try to ensure victory before it starts, otherwise why on earth would you start the war.  Making the situation more uncertain and unclear just means that coalitions will now "factor in" the uncertainty, and the only wars that would occur are ones where it is a complete curbstomp.

The reason for this hesitancy is that losing a major war can set your alliance back years, sometimes never to recover.

Spot on Ogaden.  Wars are preplanned months in advance, like Disorder.  Nowadays you have such a huge bandwagon that all you need to do is secure it and you win.  So many alliances just sit back and wait to be apart of this bandwagon and avoid being targetted in any way (and by that I mean not doing.....anything, i.e. the MHA effect).

With warchests what they are I would say that wars aren't the costly and that's why people bandwagon in.  Sure, you lose a ton of tech in a loss, but I fought for nearly 3 months nonstop and took over 75 nukes and I'm still a decent fighting nation now.  Many in NG are the same way.  Can't say I have the warchest I once had or the tech levels, but I can easily fight another war already.

The Disorder War was not planned months in advance lol.

No, they planned it in a matter of weeks while using a 6 month old CB and factions were just coincidently engaging in discussion with IRON "to arrange a brawl with TOP" for NG a couple months prior and just happened to come to fruition by pure chance during the Disorder War  ...  :facepalm:

The war was waged because neo-imperialists were planning to go on the aggressive. I know I supported the war wholeheartedly knowing the aggressive desires of NSO firsthand.

If we did not do what was necessary there was a strong chance that the stability we enjoy today would not have come to pass.

The war was waged because neo-imperialists were planning to go on the aggressive. I know I supported the war wholeheartedly knowing the aggressive desires of NSO firsthand.

If we did not do what was necessary there was a strong chance that the stability we enjoy today would not have come to pass.

You are literally retarded and every time you post you turn people away from whatever position you happen to be espousing. Takes a special kind of person to be that obnoxious. Edited by WorldConqueror

you call it "stability", but I call it "6 months of contentment"

I think of almost nothing but loving myself a good quality hippie until he or she can not see out of their crater.

I'll sing "kumbaya my lord" in your doorstep until you change you mind about it.