New Babylon - New Horizon Network

Deputy Minister Ishtar Kinaa would arrive at the meeting room in which Emissary James would be seated. In her arms would be several documents, a cup of coffee, a packet of mints and a pencil.

Slightly flustered she put her items on the table before sorting her hair out and turning to the guest.

"Ah you must be the representative from the New Horizon Network, apologies for my lateless, lost track of time up in the office going over the old records and..." she realised she was about to go start talking nonsense about old files. She composed herself and took a drink of water before sitting down.

"Emissary James, my name is Ishtar Kinaa, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, what do we in the Empire owe the pleasure of your visit today?"

"Thank you, ma'am, I haven't been waiting so long, don't look so flustered, i'm here on good terms. Please, be relaxed." James said as he sat down. Removing a few papers from his pocket, and smiling. "Don't mind me, i'm not very formal or organized." Reading the few points he wanted to bring up he continued. "First may I say, what a lovely country you have, simply stunning in every sense. Such stunning architecture! I was wondering if the Network could borrow some of your engineers to bring back to help us revamp our growing industry, we would love some of the styles you have here."

Taking a sip from his water bottle he waited for a bit while looking out the window, and whispering, stunning. "Secondly, please, i've come here on more pressing matters, we wish to open a trade agreement between our nations, as well as a simple intel clause. No reason for us not to be friends, and share a little intel here and there, no need to hold vital information if we're trade partners. I don't want our resources helping someone you don't like, and vica-versa. It would be mutual beneficial." James said with a smile. 

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

Ishtar had begun to feel much calmer and composed as she listened to James speak.

"Yes, it is a beautiful country, our people fought long hard in bloody, bloody wars for this. The very cement of our nation is born of the blood of those who died to secure it. I am sure I can arrange for some civil engineers and architects to travel to the Network and assist your own civil authorities in providing  boost." she said, taking another sip of water from her glass.

"I will be more than happy to arrange a free trade agreement to be drawn up and completed before your visit is over. However, I must ask, and intelligence clause seems excessive. Do you have any information which could be vital to the security of New Babylon, or are you fishing for information Mr Emissary?"

"Fishing is something I did when I was a child, not so much now." James said with a laugh. "I do not have any information I think you would find useful, but who knows what will happen in a month, a year, a decade." James felt his voice rising a little. "Sorry, I didn't mean to get loud, I get excited sometimes. Mrs Kinaa, all i'm saying is that we don't have any information now, but that doesn't mean we will never have useful information for you."

James got up to the window, and starred for a few seconds before turning to Ishtar. "Unless there is a reason you are asking for ulterior motives?"

"In another office of the Imperial Palace in the Foreign Affairs department another meeting is taking place as we speak between one of my colleagues and a representative of Cascadia, a nation I understand your nation to have been involved in altercations with over territory.

Can you explain to me your relationship with Cascadia?"

"Oh, how interesting. I guess I just have impeccable timing! But alas, we have an awkward relationship with Cascadia, and we've had a few altercations. Though we're hoping that an emissary comes to our halls to clear up any misunderstandings. We've decided to halt all of our incursions into their land, until such time we can come to an agreement, or it delves back into war."

"Oh, how interesting. I guess I just have impeccable timing! But alas, we have an awkward relationship with Cascadia, and we've had a few altercations. Though we're hoping that an emissary comes to our halls to clear up any misunderstandings. We've decided to halt all of our incursions into their land, until such time we can come to an agreement, or it delves back into war."

"That is excellent to hear, it pleases me that cooler heads prevail in such times. So what else can I do for you Emissary? is there anything you wish to discuss? or concerns? The Cascadians have told my counterpart sensitive information relating to their military numbers. I cant reveal any more at the moment.

Tell me about your nation anyway, what are its political idealologies?"

"Can't reveal any more at the moment." James laughingly said. "That's inconsequential at this point, in all honesty. From our recon, we can estimate their numbers, and we are confident that if anything were to continue currently, or escalate in the future, we'd be able to handle Cascadia."

James decided to sit back down in his chair before answering Ishtar. "Ideologies? We are a nation of simple people, we love freedom of choice. People should not be strangled, and they should be able to make life decisions without the government interfering. Our economy will be based upon the growth of our farms, and our fisheries. Then again, you are never alone in the Network, if you need help at anytime, people are there to assist you. Think of it as the largest commune you've ever seen." James sighed. "Euphoria."

"Sounds peaceful and harmonious. As far as Cascadia is concerned, I am sure it will resolve itself in due course without bloodshed." said Ishtar, pulling out a standard free trade agreement from a drawer in her desk.

"This agreement is only valid for five years and will be reviewed and if, at the end of the five years, we have found it to be beneficial to the Empire, it will be renewed." she continued, signing the document with a flourish of her hand.

She pushed the document to James for him to sign.

"We need a signature as documentary evidence that we have a free trade agreement and have both agreed to promote our trade interests to draw in further markets. It is also a signature of commitment to a hopefully long and fruitful relationship between the Empire and the Network."