The Apathy Report

GeniusInc

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you DO realize that the moment you actually change when you record The Apathy Report it will just change when things happen, right?

Come to think of it, start recording Thursday nights.  That way, if anything happens that I need to be involved with I have the weekend  which is my best time.  Thanks :D

Nice job - I lol'ed at the end.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you DO realize that the moment you actually change when you record The Apathy Report it will just change when things happen, right?

Come to think of it, start recording Thursday nights.  That way, if anything happens that I need to be involved with I have the weekend  which is my best time.  Thanks :D

Nice job - I lol'ed at the end.

<_<

lol

GeniusInc, alliance gov devote resources to new members by either focusing on recruitment and compliance (basically getting them in and getting them to do growth oriented tasks) or the "factory farm", or they devote resources to developing individuals on a one-on-one basis (which does not guarantee results).  The biggest issue is that because only about 30% of new recruits are going to stick around, the rewarding strategy is to factory farm noobs until one emerges as a potential future gov and then groom that guy.  Even "good" new recruits will often lose interest after a few years or prove to be cowardly in war or a liability in other ways.

About gov, about half of CN has no interest in being gov.  Of those, half of them are too deaf, dumb or noob to be gov (the noob ones can be trained though) and of those, half of those are not active enough to be gov though this means you can have seasonal gov members or ones that rotate in and out of gov as they are more or less active.

In an open democracy such as say, RIA, this free movement of gov members (people tired of gov or too inactive don't run again, people interested in gov or returning to activity run for gov) means you can maximize member involvement in government, but even then we still only have about 20% of our membership involved in government.  In "meritocracies" this involvement is much lower since you need to "work up the ranks" and can't just get voted into office when you want to be gov, and the percentage is more like 5-10%.

The alliances that only do one-on-one and don't do "factory farm" at all are the "elite" alliances, and they do that because they don't allow in anyone who is dumb, deaf, noob, inactive or disinterested.  They only allow in that 12.5%, and only after they have proven themselves elsewhere.

Edited by Ogaden