• 1 month later...

Rather than create a new thread, since this is recent and the title fits... I see two huge problems with the most recent update.

First, there appears to be no way to tell which Senators voted on which proposal, or how. How are the voters to make intelligent choices if they do not have access to such basic information?

Also; "On 8/1 a new restriction will be put in place on changing teams to once every 30 days."

Please reconsider.

Surely at the very least this merits some discussion and clarification before proceeding? I am sorry if there was any such I have missed it.

This does not appear to have any logical relation to the rest of the changes, other than simply by touching the Senate. It does not fit the theme of making the spheres more important - it seems likely to have the opposite effect. This would be a major change in a fundamental mechanic that has been stable and worked well for years, and it would only further favor those whose positions are already strongest.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Rather than create a new thread, since this is recent and the title fits... I see two huge problems with the most recent update.

First, there appears to be no way to tell which Senators voted on which proposal, or how. How are the voters to make intelligent choices if they do not have access to such basic information?

Also; "On 8/1 a new restriction will be put in place on changing teams to once every 30 days."

Please reconsider.

Surely at the very least this merits some discussion and clarification before proceeding? I am sorry if there was any such I have missed it.

This does not appear to have any logical relation to the rest of the changes, other than simply by touching the Senate. It does not fit the theme of making the spheres more important - it seems likely to have the opposite effect. This would be a major change in a fundamental mechanic that has been stable and worked well for years, and it would only further favor those whose positions are already strongest.

You can see who voted, click on election results.

The list of senators will say something like 0 votes 4 votes etc.  Clicking the votes for each senator takes you to how they voted.

In addition to what hartfw said, you can also hover over the thumb icons to see who voted for what.

proposal_zps59c00abc.jpg

As for the concerns regarding the upcoming limit on changing teams, Caladin posted a very good response here that sums up the line of thinking on that.

I'd like there to be some kind of mechanism for team senate discussions since it seems all the bourgeois senators are going to vote for all these proposals that are good for big nations and bad for small nations, would be nice to be able to criticize it publicly.