CNRP2 Naval Discussion

Mogar

1,000 points base. +1 point per techlevel up to 3,000 points. Thus, maximum of 4,000 points. - Ship cost: Corvette 200, Frigate 400, Destroyer 600, Submarine(Attack, not ICBM)/cruiser 750.

actual navies carry over 1:1

ships get unlocked by infra; 0-999; 1000-1999; 2000-2999; 3000+ are the tiers. Corv = T1; Frig = T2; Destro = T3; Sub/Crui = T4

discuss.

Edited by Mogar

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We intentionally left off aircraft carriers from the original formula, as aircraft carriers provide a massive IC advantage at projecting power, the intent behind this proposal is to allow nations without IG navies to be able to defend themselves, without giving them too much of an advantage that they would not have otherwise.

We intentionally left off aircraft carriers from the original formula, as aircraft carriers provide a massive IC advantage at projecting power, the intent behind this proposal is to allow nations without IG navies to be able to defend themselves, without giving them too much of an advantage that they would not have otherwise.

Okay that's certainly a fair way of approaching it but carriers are far from invincible. Perhaps at tier 4k-4.9k infra and 2000 points each they can be used in very limited numbers. IG carriers can be bought at around 5k infra I believe.

I also don't see landing ships.

I think you should separate nuclear subs from attack submarines. They are two different animals.

That was part of the original discussion I did not include. I will edit that in.

Okay that's certainly a fair way of approaching it but carriers are far from invincible. Perhaps at tier 4k-4.9k infra and 2000 points each they can be used in very limited numbers. IG carriers can be bought at around 5k infra I believe.

I also don't see landing ships.

these are intended to be defensive fleets, not offensive ones, which the helicopter carriers fall under, I didn't copy paste the entire original discussion of course, merely the result of it.

the points system is specifically for those without IG fleets, those with IG fleets get whatever they have IG.

What? I thought we were going to give everybody the points they get, with those who have navies getting their navies in addition to an augmenting through the points system.

Here is what I propose.

One rule for navies, covering everyone.

0 to 1000 = corvettes
1001 to 2000 = frigates and landing ships
2001 to 3000 = destroyers and submarines
3001 to 4000 = cruisers
4001 to 5000 = battleships
5000 to 6000 = Carriers

The number of naval improvements in game determines your modifiers. If you have all the dry docks, all the naval academies, and all the naval construction yards that equals

frigates, destroyers, corvettes x 6 which I believe is 9 improvements. Can't remember.

Submarines ought to be on a different scale. Attack submarines and SSGNs divided into different catergories. No Idea how that'll work.

Above system is subject to a bit of revision of course.

What? I thought we were going to give everybody the points they get, with those who have navies getting their navies in addition to an augmenting through the points system.

That was correct, but the main draw of this is to assist the little guys in defending against those of us with actual navies.

Using my own nation as an example. I have 800 tech, on top of the 1,000 points base

1,000 points base. +1 point per techlevel up to 3,000 points. Thus, maximum of 4,000 points. - Ship cost: Corvette 200, Frigate 400, Destroyer 600, Submarine(Attack, not ICBM)/cruiser 750.

actual navies carry over 1:1

ships get unlocked by infra; 0-999; 1000-1999; 2000-2999; 3000+ are the tiers. Corv = T1; Frig = T2; Destro = T3; Sub/Crui = T4

I would get 1800 points to spend as I wished, using them I could get three destroyers, 2 cruisers and a corvette, 9 more corvettes, or any combination that adds up to less than 1800. On top of this, I will get whatever ships I have in game.

How exactly does the modifier affect IG navies? It seems slightly overpowered to be able to gain extra aircraft carriers just for having money to spend on improvements and navy upkeep.

If this is directed at me, I don't know.

Perhaps the idea of this being strictly defensive fleets has merit, more so if ingame ships consist of offensive fleets. 

Beats me, Hereno said he'd lay out exactly how the original idea is supposed to work for defensive fleets, I'll wait and see. 

The points thing seems confusing.

That being said, overall, there is something to be said for giving the little peoples with no navies a few ships to play with.

but must they strictly be defensive?

Why not bring the cap right down to destroyers and allow them to use them anyway they want, which gives them a chance to interact as a larger part of a coalition as part of an offensive movement?

It opens up rp possibilities to the little guys. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

<Hereno> i like what we came up with and don't see what's wrong with it
<tidybowlman> I just don't get it
<tidybowlman> maybe Hereno you could lay out how it exactly works with the points and !@#$?

Every nation in CNRP that has an in-game navy will translate that navy 1:1 into CNRP.

Additionally, there is a points system to "purchase" extra naval ships with, which is open to all CNRP nations (if they have an in-game navy or not) and is based on in-game stats.

Everybody gets a base of 1,000 points. For every 1 tech level you have in-game, you get another 1 point, with points from tech capped at 3k. So the max amount of points you can get is 4k points; 3k from tech, plus the base 1k.

What your infra level is in-game determines which ships you are allowed to spend your points on, regardless of how many points you have. For every 1k infra, you unlock another ship that you can buy, with 0-999 infra persons being allowed to purchase corvettes only. The tiers are:

Corvettes (under 1k infra), Frigates (under 2k infra), Destroyers (under 3k infra), Attack subs & Cruisers (under 4k infra).

Of course you can buy multiple of each ship, and their costs in points are: Corvette 200, Frigate 400, Destroyer 600, Submarine(Attack, not ICBM)/cruiser 750.

So for example:

Nation A has 1.5k tech, 4,999.99 infra, and no in-game navy. They get 1k base points, plus 1.5k more from tech, for a total of 2.5k points. Their infra lets them buy any of the ships available, as they have at least 4k infra. Their navy that they choose to buy is 2 attack submarines and 5 corvettes, which costs exactly 2.5k points.

Edited by Hereno

I would support bringing the cap down slightly on available ships. I also would like to discuss the potential option to allow for nations WITH navies, to donate slots to nations without navy, for example I could give rotavele a few of my destroyers, there would have to be IC actions to back it up, it could not be instantaneous, but it would allow for much more interesting political climates.

I would be open to landing ships and other such craft not being under any sort of rule other than common sense (but who around here has that). I like the idea of the cap to destroyers, but I'll wait on Hereno's explanation before passing a judgement.

EDIT: Hereno's suggestion is given the Wilding seal of approval.

Edited by Markus Wilding

The number of points you get lets you decide what ships and how many you can buy.

It would be given to everyone involved in the RP, so nations with ingame navies would get a bonus but we would not have any naval modifiers with this proposal

If I own ships in game, they are added to the ships I can get in rp allowed by the point system?

so if I own 2 carriers a destroyer, and a cruiser in game.

I can use my points to get more ships in rp without buying them in game and add them to my total?