CNRP2 Over 50k nation rule discussion

Mogar

As much as I want more people, the posting from the over-50k people have been like almost entirely mean-spirited and annoying. I'm starting to really not see any benefit to including any of you, and I'm starting to get why TBM wanted to take our time and really search for an answer. Because, invariably, the people who we're trying to include in the RP are showing me exactly why they haven't been.

I must object to this comment, please do not tar us all with the same brush Hereno.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I want more people, the posting from the over-50k people have been like almost entirely mean-spirited and annoying. I'm starting to really not see any benefit to including any of you, and I'm starting to get why TBM wanted to take our time and really search for an answer. Because, invariably, the people who we're trying to include in the RP are showing me exactly why they haven't been.

You don't know anything about us. You just came here and started hating on all of us because we refused to be told we aren't allowed to rp in a community forum. I won't hold that against you though, because I don't know you. We are all Admin's children He loves us all. Peace be upon you and may the blessings of the Moderators keep you hale and hearty.

I must object to this comment, please do not tar us all with the same brush Hereno.

I don't think it's fair to tar you all with the same brush, but at the same time, it seems that the rule is going to have to either be a blanket ban or a blanket allowance. Which is really inflexible and sucks, but I can tell I'm in the minority by wanting to take things on a case-by-case basis. Although, to be honest, I feel like if we did it case-by-case everybody would get voted in anyway. People are almost unanimous in wanting to open the RP to over-50k nations, we just disagree on how to go about doing it.

I don't think it's fair to tar you all with the same brush, but at the same time, it seems that the rule is going to have to either be a blanket ban or a blanket allowance. Which is really inflexible and sucks, but I can tell I'm in the minority by wanting to take things on a case-by-case basis. Although, to be honest, I feel like if we did it case-by-case everybody would get voted in anyway. People are almost unanimous in wanting to open the RP to over-50k nations, we just disagree on how to go about doing it.

You know, as of this point, I'm starting to think that case by case confirmation isn't entirely a bad thing. We have 45 days to figure it out. 

I told the three over 50s on the map that what the community wants, they get. This means, in 45 days they may well end up getting a decision from the community not to their liking.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

I'm mean-spirited? I'd think I'm pretty agreeable here.

At the risk of sounding like a 6:00 news soundbite -- I am part of the community, no matter how much you want to keep me out. I will continue to voice my opinion because I will not be kept in shackles.

As I see it, a better solution to the problem is to freely allow people to rp. I've been hearing a lot about "optional recognition" Well, why can't you "optionally recognize" things before? I don't understand why you had to create a new rp, then say, "only people 50k and below can participate" Have I done anything in cnrp that has kept any of you from rping 100% the way you want? To my knowledge, no I haven't, and yet I am not now allowed to rp in your club because I chose to manage my nation and buy loads of tech and infra in game.

To me this was just a way to spite people who you don't like and force guilt on people. Well sir, I say nuts to that! Nuts to you, and Nuts to anyone who thinks I'm just doing this to be a jerk.

To be fair, you do support Triyun every time. You also never fight with your alliance (or at least not the past few wars) and are not active in your alliance. I always assumed you're only here to RP. I've never seen you talk in any NADC channels when I was there for a year. That is why you're so large. To be fair though, you joined NADC when they were a neutral alliance.

To be fair, you do support Triyun every time. You also never fight with your alliance (or at least not the past few wars) and are not active in your alliance. I always assumed you're only here to RP. I've never seen you talk in any NADC channels when I was there for a year. That is why you're so large. To be fair though, you joined NADC when they were a neutral alliance.

I just don't get you at all most of the time. You make no sense in nearly 99 percent of your posts. 

Don't ever change that about yourself. 

I just don't get you at all most of the time. You make no sense in nearly 99 percent of your posts. 

Don't ever change that about yourself. 

The Reason he is so large and cant get in is because he doesn't really fight in wars in game. He also supports Triyun every time Triyun goes to war and that's why he is guilty by association.

The Reason he is so large and cant get in is because he doesn't really fight in wars in game. He also supports Triyun every time Triyun goes to war and that's why he is guilty by association.

You still aren't making a lick of sense. 

Damn near incoherent. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

Another for my list of "!@#$%^&* CNRPers made up to make CNRP2 look bad". Nobody told you that.

Nobody is trying to make you rp look bad. Stop generalizing and pay attention to the words that are on the screen. I called out one specific person, not the whole rp.

Also, Rota I don't know what my participation in my alliance has to do with anything. I've served it in multiple ways both on the field and off. But more to the point I don't support Triyun everytime. You are equating apathy with consent but they are not the same.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Nobody is trying to make you rp look bad. Stop generalizing and pay attention to the words that are on the screen. I called out one specific person, not the whole rp.

Also, Rota I don't know what my participation in my alliance has to do with anything. I've served it in multiple ways both on the field and off. But more to the point I don't support Triyun everytime. You are equating apathy with consent but they are not the same.

I was just saying that's why your nation is so large because you dont fight anymore. I dont see why that's so hard to understand.

No war = Grow More than nations who do fight with their alliances. Hence why so many are in GPA in the RP community.

Edited by Rotavele

I was just saying that's why your nation is so large because you dont fight anymore. I dont see why that's so hard to understand.

No war = Grow More than nations who do fight with their alliances. Hence why so many are in GPA in the RP community.

I understand that, but I don't understand what it has to do with the conversation.

Actually yes it is, just like your cursing is really necessary. You see it expresses my extreme disapproval of this whole system and how it is designed to keep certain people disenfranchised. Separate but equal is inherently unequal.
Edit: Massa.

It's more like "Separate while we deliberate to ensure we don't become unequal".

Or you could look at it as we have frozen your assets while we try to pass new anti-trust laws.

But if this is being looked as separate but equal.... Well I guess you could say we are the underprivileged/descriminated against group who has just had a brand new school built for us with nice teachers and an awesome curriculum!

I'm in Government right now and I'm bored. Edited by PresidentDavid

I understand that, but I don't understand what it has to do with the conversation.

You were saying that you take care of your nation and are good at building and you're being punished for earning more and that's why you're not allowed to join cnrp v2 and I was correcting you.

Also you're allowed to join now. It's just that you don't have to be recognized until after 45 days when everyone agrees you're not a land hoarding technobabbling god moder.

I'd say its more like laws have been put in place by one party that forbade a second party from participating in the first party's "pure" community. Whereas the first party may participate in the second party's community, the second party was not allowed to participate in the first party's. The second party rebelled or "protested" and now the first party is amending their laws. It's very civil rights-ish. History will remember me as the MLK or Malcolm X of CNRP. I might even get assassinated! :D

I'd say its more like laws have been put in place by one party that forbade a second party from participating in the first party's "pure" community. Whereas the first party may participate in the second party's community, the second party was not allowed to participate in the first party's. The second party rebelled or "protested" and now the first party is amending their laws. It's very civil rights-ish. History will remember me as the MLK or Malcolm X of CNRP. I might even get assassinated! :D

It's more like we are a group of black students that had a nice school built for us but the white kids want in. Calm down, I'm sure you'll get in soon :p

I personally like the 50k station strength limit/cap, however if that is unagreeable, perhaps a slight raise up to 55k or 60k would be a fair compromise, allowing a few more nations to be able to participate.

I've also heard two other suggestions that I like as well, those being:

Having a land control cap on how much whitespace any one nation can have, and how many nations any one nation can conquer, annex, or occupy.

Second suggestion I heard that I think would be a good idea is, that nations at 50k and over can only invade or declare war on smaller nations if said smaller nation is or was in the larger nation's war range in-game.