The Warriors WDoW

B-)

Sam, I have to give it up to you... you are the Coordination Master on TE...! :frantic:

And your  Pigeons showed to be a very hard meat to eat...!  :lol1:

A well fought Victory against a Seriously strong contender...!  :popcorn:

Now, if you could come out from  TE-PD's shadow and influence...  less Paul, less OP....  WD could be the REAL

Policing Corps of this realm!   :excl:

I'll take it. Thank you HDSup for your kind words.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why you are infatuated with us, but you should really give it up.  TEPD has been around for less then 1 round, and somehow we have hijacked War Doves into under our shadow, all while coordinating zero wars or anything with them?

You really need to worry more about your own alliance, and set of secret allies, and stop accusing us of stuff.

B-)

Sorry I touched a sensitive cord there,hartfw.  It was just my small, humble opinion about the case.  TBRaiders have done a

great job uniting such a kaleidoscopic amount of really good players, and so different personalities under One big AA, and make

it work as one  fine war machine...!  Exactly as many commentators for 2-3 Tournaments now, has been vocal as what they were

expecting SKARO to become (on which I am working still!). I believe your new AA is the realization (under very expert hands) of

that desire...  But, it can not stay Unchallenged for long...  or that dreamy team could  get bored and start to explode in many

different directions for lack of   real contenders.   WD's shown  it has the  leadership, the capabilities and attitude necessary to

perform as such.   Am I trying to enamor,charm or captivate WD...?  No.  No at all . Just bringing  what I think in a peaceable

manner here...   -_-      

Edited by HDSupreme

B-)

Sam, I have to give it up to you... you are the Coordination Master on TE...! :frantic:

And your  Pigeons showed to be a very hard meat to eat...!  :lol1: 

A well fought Victory against a Seriously strong contender...!  :popcorn:

Now, if you could come out from  TE-PD's shadow and influence...  less Paul, less OP....  WD could be the REAL

Policing Corps of this realm!   :excl:

Silly rabbit trix are for kids.

Gratz on what is one of the biggest war wins TE has seen in a long time.

As to Warriors you guys are basically admitting to picking WD because the stats were in your favor, bad is bad but you guys are terrible.

Silly rabbit trix are for kids.

Gratz on what is one of the biggest war wins TE has seen in a long time.

As to Warriors you guys are basically admitting to picking WD because the stats were in your favor, bad is bad but you guys are terrible.

Dear Paul711,

I realize that you have a bone to pick with The Warriors because you cannot get over some stupid stuff that happened back in the day, but you're running with a new crew now. How about you put a cork in it and find someone else to troll. If you'd rather not, then I can just paraphrase what you say back to you over and over again without the justification that accompanies it until I'm blue in the face.

Bad is bad,

You are too,

Put a cork in it,

Before we school you.

Love and kisses,

trs4ece

B-)

Great Alliances can have  some not too great performances on it's life span at TE.  Such a thing is not a strange, nor an

unthinkable happening  for any of the present AAs, And it wasn't either for those of the Past...   As trs4ece has said, this was an

unexpected performance from a test needed to be had... and the results  are what is telling Warriors were to point out the

deficiencies...  and to overcome them as the Great AA they are ...!   Heck, Even SKARO has had a very Big Upper Hand  over

OP,TpC, etc.  not too long ago... Did it mean SKARO was better than any of those then...?  Of course not !  (but hey,I enjoyed it

a lot! :P )  Those things just happens to the Good & Greats, as to the less grandiose...! Lol!  ;) :ehm: :popcorn:

Edited by HDSupreme

As the first set of rounds expired at update, there no longer exists a state of war between The Warriors and War Doves. While The Warriors could tally up victories on several fronts, the overall victors were the War Doves for this war.

Now to address this down-declare/up-declare issue. Numbers are not everything. As has been proven here and has been proven in many wars between other alliances, the true victor will be the one who is best able to cooperate to take down their opponents. Even an enemy whose nation is 150% NS can be taken down by consecutive, coordinated attacks by a group of smaller nations. This is especially true if you throw nukes into the mix. Only when an alliance is able to function with near 100% coordination should they attempt to up-declare. To do otherwise is suicidal. Our ability to coordinate effectively was called into question after the battle with NDO and so we chose an opponent whose overall numeric strength was at or slightly below our own.

The decision to attack War Doves after our defeat against NDO was designed to test our members ability to coordinate effectively. I put together the target list based on the availability of our members to encourage coordinated attacks. In the end, that backfired because we did not have enough of a blitz presence to anarchy more than a handful of War Doves. It did not help that most of the War Doves were armed to the teeth when we attacked. In retrospect, I should have waved off the attack but technical difficulties made that impossible.

So yes, looking strictly at the numbers, this war should have favored The Warriors. However, considering The Warriors performance against NDO and WD's war history, I expected that our nations would be pushed to the limit; coordinate or die. Unfortunately, several nations chose the latter or were instantly anarchied leaving their wing-men to fight alone. With that said, those who did fight together, performed admirably.

We will be looking over the data from this war and making some adjustments. Thanks for putting up a solid fight.

Patton-movie-06.jpg

I mean I'm sure we will get lost in a whole bunch of other stuff, but before that happened I just wanted to say that this was really classy and impressed me.

And altogether it looked like you guys had a massive fun war, so congrats to both!

Dear Paul711,

I realize that you have a bone to pick with The Warriors because you cannot get over some stupid stuff that happened back in the day, but you're running with a new crew now. How about you put a cork in it and find someone else to troll. If you'd rather not, then I can just paraphrase what you say back to you over and over again without the justification that accompanies it until I'm blue in the face.

Bad is bad,
You are too,
Put a cork in it,
Before we school you.

Love and kisses,
trs4ece

You guys dont get it and that's why you always get upset with me, I am playing chess while your playing checkers.

You guys dont get it and that's why you always get upset with me, I am playing chess while your playing checkers.

For Christ's sake Paul why don't you just shut up?!!

I try so damn hard to avoid posting in here and it seems that damn near every time I do is when I just get fed up with reading the dribble that runs out of your mouth.

The only reason you hate DD, HD, Daenery and Kaboom so much is that they are the few people in this game that have no fear of you and who don't kiss your ass like the rest here because they are afraid you might come after them or something.

Or my personal favorite, is to get someone else to do your fighting for you through manipulation.

I do understand why some of the others do it as they have seen first hand just how low you will go to make something out of nothing and they have watched you round after round after round manipulate people to get what you want without so much as a thought or care of what it will cost them in the long run as long as you get what you want out of the deal so they just use silence against you.

Don't get me wrong as some friendly banter back and forth is what makes this game not near as boring as SE but you take it to the point where people would just as soon quit playing than to listen to your mouth anymore and judging by the numbers that is not what this game needs if it is to survive.

If you think I am wrong then just try and shut your pie hole for just one stinking round and see if the numbers go up, down or stay the same.

To give you even more of an incentive if you do shut your mouth for one whole round and the numbers still go down then I will leave the game of TE and never return.

Only if you will do the same if the numbers increase.

Time to put your money where that big mouth is hot shot.

You up for the challenge or will you be just like you have been for  every damn round I have played this game and be nothing but mouth and hot air?

Now, I don't want to get in the way of a wager (or trash talk), but quitting if the numbers go down would seem to spiral a bad effect =(

For Christ's sake Paul why don't you just shut up?!!
I try so damn hard to avoid posting in here and it seems that damn near every time I do is when I just get fed up with reading the dribble that runs out of your mouth.

The only reason you hate DD, HD, Daenery and Kaboom so much is that they are the few people in this game that have no fear of you and who don't kiss your ass like the rest here because they are afraid you might come after them or something.
Or my personal favorite, is to get someone else to do your fighting for you through manipulation.
I do understand why some of the others do it as they have seen first hand just how low you will go to make something out of nothing and they have watched you round after round after round manipulate people to get what you want without so much as a thought or care of what it will cost them in the long run as long as you get what you want out of the deal so they just use silence against you.

Don't get me wrong as some friendly banter back and forth is what makes this game not near as boring as SE but you take it to the point where people would just as soon quit playing than to listen to your mouth anymore and judging by the numbers that is not what this game needs if it is to survive.

If you think I am wrong then just try and shut your pie hole for just one stinking round and see if the numbers go up, down or stay the same.
To give you even more of an incentive if you do shut your mouth for one whole round and the numbers still go down then I will leave the game of TE and never return.
Only if you will do the same if the numbers increase.

Time to put your money where that big mouth is hot shot.
You up for the challenge or will you be just like you have been for  every damn round I have played this game and be nothing but mouth and hot air?

No idea who you are let alone challenge me.

"But there is a difference between declaring a war where victory is certain, and declaring a war where you introduce competition"

This GAME is a competition. Part of that competition is war, but  part of it is nation building. You have to consider that it's not just 1-on-1 If you do anything with a goal or consideration in mind other than maximizing your nation's strength and position, then you are neither trying your hardest or playing your best IMO. For example, if someone with nukes and twice my NS was at war with me and I had no nukes, and I miraculously started winning, and  they didnt nuke me because it wasn't "fair", I would feel insulted. It would be like not using your queen in a chess game because you captured your opponent's.

"But War Doves never complained when Warriors declared this war." Believe it or not I'm not really concerned with this specific example. Idk if it was an up/down declare and IRDC either. My opinion about downdeclares, even extreme ones not being unsportsmanly but being a legitimate part of a deliberately hobbesian nation sim has nothing to do with my AA and if TE Police Dow'd us tomorrow while many of us were still in anarchy I would not consider it to be unfair.

You guys didn't complain by and large, and frankly on the whole you fought better than we did. I may take flak from my AA mates on that one but it's true. 

" I agree anarchy isn't everything, but anarchy is still anarchy and stopping your offensive while we continued to counter was part of our strategy that allowed us to overtake you." Nice! "you cannot declare war. Your nation is in anarchy". Got that a few times!

"Now to address this down-declare/up-declare issue. Numbers are not everything." You don't have to prove you're not a bully. This isn't a playground and there aren't any hall monitors. It's international politics. If you don't like that the strong can prey on the weak, play farmville.

'By all accounts, you should have won this war and batting cleanup by day 4." Exaggeration, especially in mid and low tiers. "Your nations on average were much bigger and many stocked with more than a handful of nukes." Totally true. I don't think anyone is debating this. If WD would like to nonsequitorially gloat, we should start a different thread for that, however.

"But you skipped over 2 alliances softer than you to hit us. I understand that literally any alliance left to declare would have been classified as a downdeclare, so you really had no choice but to downdeclare, but there were opponents statistically closer to you than War Doves." ....and? Are you going to call your mom? Do you feel that, in our unprovoked invasion of your countryside,  we were being unkind? Does anyone else see this way of viewing the world as funny? This is a game in which you model  international struggle. Was it unsportsmanly of the USA to invade Afghanistan? Come to think of it, all our wars since 1812 have either been downdeclares or pile-ons. And a few of them have nonetheless been justified. I don't mean any of this insultingly, I just REALLY do not get this at all. Or rather, I get it, I just think it's absurd.

"As to Warriors you guys are basically admitting to picking WD because the stats were in your favor" Um, yes. Pretending you play the game differently is rather manipulative. You're just better at it. Anyway, what are you, a klingon? What is this bravery and honor you attached to inventing unspoken codes of war for a browser game and then imposing them on others? Really, it makes you  honorable to attack superior opponents in a browser game, and people who don't are "terrible"? This is a joke, right? Is this really how you find meaning? You might derive MORE meaning from fundamentalism. You get to learn about all sorts of arbitrary moral heuristics that have nothing to do with actual right or wrong, and apply them to strangers, judging them by them without their consideration or consent! And you don't even need the internet!

"You guys dont get it and that's why you always get upset with me, I am playing chess while your playing checkers."

Obviously, YOU'RE a genius. And fortunately chess does not require a high school level mastery of grammar. See what I did there? Oh yeah, this kid's a real Machiavelli. Or would that be a reel Machiavelli?

"No idea who you are let alone challenge me." I challenge you. I challenge you to learn basic English. The other people in this thread may not have 100% perfect grammar 100% of the time, I don't know if I do, but their sentences are sensible and, by and large, they actually present the idea the author intended to express. This may have made sense in your head, and I think I kind of get what you mean ("I have no idea who you are, so you have no right to challenge me" , which are in and of themselves, two statements that actually have nothing to do with each other, as if he needed to buy you dinner before you will back up the unsubstantiated claim you made), but a bit of perusal will tell you that what you wrote doesn't actually SAY that, or, according to the rules of grammar, much of anything, really.

If  you fail to grasp any of the above points, please respond with trollish umbrage, and I will elucidate further.

"But there is a difference between declaring a war where victory is certain, and declaring a war where you introduce competition"

This GAME is a competition. Part of that competition is war, but  part of it is nation building. You have to consider that it's not just 1-on-1 If you do anything with a goal or consideration in mind other than maximizing your nation's strength and position, then you are neither trying your hardest or playing your best IMO. For example, if someone with nukes and twice my NS was at war with me and I had no nukes, and I miraculously started winning, and  they didnt nuke me because it wasn't "fair", I would feel insulted. It would be like not using your queen in a chess game because you captured your opponent's.

"But War Doves never complained when Warriors declared this war." Believe it or not I'm not really concerned with this specific example. Idk if it was an up/down declare and IRDC either. My opinion about downdeclares, even extreme ones not being unsportsmanly but being a legitimate part of a deliberately hobbesian nation sim has nothing to do with my AA and if TE Police Dow'd us tomorrow while many of us were still in anarchy I would not consider it to be unfair.

You guys didn't complain by and large, and frankly on the whole you fought better than we did. I may take flak from my AA mates on that one but it's true. 

" I agree anarchy isn't everything, but anarchy is still anarchy and stopping your offensive while we continued to counter was part of our strategy that allowed us to overtake you." Nice! "you cannot declare war. Your nation is in anarchy". Got that a few times!

"Now to address this down-declare/up-declare issue. Numbers are not everything." You don't have to prove you're not a bully. This isn't a playground and there aren't any hall monitors. It's international politics. If you don't like that the strong can prey on the weak, play farmville.

'By all accounts, you should have won this war and batting cleanup by day 4." Exaggeration, especially in mid and low tiers. "Your nations on average were much bigger and many stocked with more than a handful of nukes." Totally true. I don't think anyone is debating this. If WD would like to nonsequitorially gloat, we should start a different thread for that, however.

"But you skipped over 2 alliances softer than you to hit us. I understand that literally any alliance left to declare would have been classified as a downdeclare, so you really had no choice but to downdeclare, but there were opponents statistically closer to you than War Doves." ....and? Are you going to call your mom? Do you feel that, in our unprovoked invasion of your countryside,  we were being unkind? Does anyone else see this way of viewing the world as funny? This is a game in which you model  international struggle. Was it unsportsmanly of the USA to invade Afghanistan? Come to think of it, all our wars since 1812 have either been downdeclares or pile-ons. And a few of them have nonetheless been justified. I don't mean any of this insultingly, I just REALLY do not get this at all. Or rather, I get it, I just think it's absurd.

Since you have not seen fit to take a moment to add your TE affiliation/nation in your bio, :

i am curious :  if  your POV is that of one of the recently defeated warriors ?

Would aid in determining what you are writing about above.

Edited by ARCHEIN

"Since you have not seen fit to take a moment to add your TE affiliation/nation in your bio, :

i am curious : if your POV is that of one of the recently defeated warriors?"

Yes I am playing warriors this round. But my opinions are my own and I have no idea how they mesh with Warriors' official positions, so don't take them as reflective of anything but my opinion.

"Elucidate a quote block or two" I'm not a huge internet person and find it easier and more professional to include quotes in my statements, as I would in a journal article. All of the quotes are from three pages above, so I really don't see the need for a bibliography. You know what you said, if you don't recognize a quote as yours then my response to it probably doesn't pertain to you. So I don't think my style interferes with an intelligent person's understanding. If this was a 60,000 post discussion with 500 participants and I was quoting from February, I might  agree with you.

"Big words do not make you smart but using words in a smart way does." absolutely correct. And since you used "your" when you meant "you're", and then followed with a grammatically butchered sentence ("No idea who you are let alone challenge me") which is what I was commenting on, I would advise you to work on using small words in a manner that demonstrates an average level of intelligence first.

Edited by John More Dread

Alright already guys. This war has been over for a while now and grammar or witty remarks had nothing to do with its outcome. Any continued arguing is just feeding the trolls.

John, please update your profile information with your TE nation information as required by the CN:TE OWF posting restrictions. I am also curious about who you are.

"Elucidate a quote block or two" I'm not a huge internet person and find it easier and more professional to include quotes in my statements, as I would in a journal article. All of the quotes are from three pages above, so I really don't see the need for a bibliography. You know what you said, if you don't recognize a quote as yours then my response to it probably doesn't pertain to you. So I don't think my style interferes with an intelligent person's understanding. If this was a 60,000 post discussion with 500 participants and I was quoting from February, I might  agree with you.

You may not be internet savvy, but if you're here you can obviously read. There's two little buttons, one labeled "Quote" and the other "MultiQuote" .. By your claims of intelligence, I'll spare you the detailed explanation of how they work. But I'll tell you - they work, and clarity is the first step to "professional" ..