Aircraft squadron multiplier

<Koolkevz666> Whats the rules for strategic bombers? Is it 1 bomber equals 1 aircraft slot no multiplier allowed?
<Evangeline> Yes
<Koolkevz666> Power is everything
* Lynneth hat die Verbindung getrennt (Quit: )
<Koolkevz666> Okay thanks Eva
<Evangeline> Sole multiplier is the standard 1 IG aircraft = 12 IC aircraft
<Koolkevz666> Well 6 IC for me being under 500 tech
<Evangeline> But whether you use a Gotha or a Tu-160 it's one aircraft
<Evangeline> It's 12 for everyone
<Koolkevz666> It is?
<Evangeline> Yes
<Koolkevz666> Oh
<Uberstein> Since when O_o
<Koolkevz666> I need to double my air force then
<Evangeline> It's like this for some time already
<Uberstein> Eva
<Uberstein> "Air Forces Like soldiers and tanks, you don't have to buy IG planes to have them in CNRP. Air forces follow the rule of 1 IG Plane = 1 RP Squadron. Nations with less than 500 tech must utilize half-squadrons of planes, which be be less than or equal to six planes per squadron. Nations with more than 500 tech may utilize full squadrons, which can be anywhere
<Uberstein> That's what's in the rules thread
<Koolkevz666> Yeah as Uber said rules say otherwise
<Evangeline> The rules thread also lists my nation as Nippon
<Evangeline> And before it got updated, it also listed me as protectorate owner of North america
<Zoot> that aircraft rule as uber quotes is the correct rule

Could have sworn we unified it sometime. Not that it matters for me, but well.

If someone can find where we changed the rule, link would be appreciated. If it's just me imagining things, then I'd propose a rule change to unify it to 1 IG aircraft = 12 IC aircraft as basic modifier, regardless of tech. With infra and tech modifiers being applicable after this basic conversion. Thoughts? Opinions?

I think we should have some sort of way for larger nations to have more, since it follows real world and IG stuff.  I support switching it from tech to infra to determine when you get to go from half to full squadron size.  It makes more sense when you think about it, and it is easier to gain infra than it is to gain tech.

Maybe if the World's only !@#$@#$ emo kraut hadn't deleted the old rule thread, the updated rule would've still read correctly.

Edit:  Am I doing it right?  Having kraut blood lets me call them names right?

Edited by Triyun

From what I've always understood you do not need to have your IG planes purchased. This would be a ridiculous burden IC. I'm not sure if the rule was ever officially changed or if this just became common practice. 

That's never been part of the new or old rule. It is one of your total available airplane slots. 

Maybe if the World's only !@#$@#$ emo kraut hadn't deleted the old rule thread, the updated rule would've still read correctly.

I'm impressed, I really am.  Keep at it. 

I think we should have some sort of way for larger nations to have more, since it follows real world and IG stuff.  I support switching it from tech to infra to determine when you get to go from half to full squadron size.  It makes more sense when you think about it, and it is easier to gain infra than it is to gain tech.

Well, we have Triyuns infra/tech modifiers. So, larger nations already have more squadrons.

From what I've always understood you do not need to have your IG planes purchased. This would be a ridiculous burden IC. I'm not sure if the rule was ever officially changed or if this just became common practice. 

Noone's debating this, methinks.

No, that only works for ethnic minorities. 

That's never been part of the new or old rule. It is one of your total available airplane slots. 

That is correct.  The thinking is that since you can buy your full soldier/tank/airplane strength in one go, you don't need to actually own them IG since we can simply look at your nation page and see what you can have.  It's the same reason that nukes and navy are your actual IG numbers, since you can only buy a limited amount at a time.