Uberstein

Athenian Sudanese Heavy Industries

"Industrial Solutions for Africa and Beyond"

In cooperation with the Athenian Federation, the state of Sudan has co-founded A.S.H.I. The company is owned 50% by the government of Athens, and 50% by Chancellor Samara of Sudan. Sudanese assets of the company include: A headquarters and secure dock in Port Sudan, testing facilities in the Northwest deserts of Sudan, and a small secondary office and dock on the Nile river in Khartoum.

A.S.H.I has been tasked with the development of a Main Battle Tank and its logistics vehicles. Athenian technology will be available for the tank's development.

OOC: I asked Cent, he said it was cool. Whoop whoop.

Type10sketch.png
Type10sketch2.png

Concept drawings of the vehicle have been completed, and it has been deemed that the existing HET logistic systems currently in use by Sudan will be able to handle the vehicle, given its similar dimensions to the M1 Abrams. Edited by Uberstein

Stress-testing of independent bogie Horstmann-type suspension has begun with a combat-weighted mild-steel model. A 1,214 kW diesel power pack is also being tested on the mild-steel model.

Tests of various composite mixes against modern APDS rounds have begun. The MBT produced is to follow in the ideals of the LeClerc in that it will have highly modular armor on top of a basic steel body, which will allow simpler upgrades than with completely integrated armor.

Comparison tests against a second combat-weighted mild-steel model, with the same power pack, have begun. This second model is to use externally mounted Hydrogas suspension. External mounting of suspension has been deemed a necessity; combined with the V-shaped bottom of the tank, a bolt-on bolt-off suspension will mean landmines and IED's will almost exclusively be mobility kills, and that these mobility kills will be easy to fix.

Type11SPApencil.png

Type11SPApencil2.png

Concept drawings for the 305mm Self Propelled Siege Mortar has been submitted, and small-scale modeling has begun. Research into advanced propellants and suspension systems capable of handling the recoil has been approved.

Development of logistics vehicles build on the same chassis has also been approved.

The most recent board meeting has brought up the idea of creating export versions of A.S.H.I vehicles. These versions, while lacking confidential technology such as computer networking systems, ETC capabilities, and top-of-the-line composite armor, would still have the bare basics. Buyer nations could potentially fill in these gaps with what they have available, allowing A.S.H.I to make a substantial profit while also maintaining security on the more important aspects of designs.