A Conference on Africa

Uberstein

"Imperial Gabon refuses to accept that the representative from Tianxia should be made to leave. Tianxia still holds some land in Africa and that land has its own people and they have a right to be represented here. If we are to pick and choose who we should accept then perhaps it may be best for the whole of Africa to come under the control of those willing to control it and remove those that are not" replied Ludo Kresh looking over at John Olympio as he spoke. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elfrieda had been investigating this Mogar person that is allegedly the root of the attack against The Cape, nodding in agreement with the Guinean representative "I did not expect this meeting to bring much fruition due to receiving similar treatment in the UN, however after some research, we are speaking of the same Mogar who died in a plane crash in Greece decades ago, correct? If so the war against my nation was fought chasing a ghost?" In reference to the Legion offer, "The Cape has sought nothing but peace, bloodshed has never been in our interest, The Cape has no desire for the tragic loss of any life, over a million of our citizens have died already, we have no desire to see any more die needlessly."

Edited by Mogar

"I would point out to one and all that over the course of this conference, the Drakan representative has not made a single reference to this ghost we speak of. These references were put forth by other parties. I've put an offer on the table to the Dominion of Draka to avoid further bloodshed, I think it might be helpful if we could not get sidetracked on this issue."

After listening to the other speakers, Representative Darren began to speak, "Before I address Mr.Olympio, I will respond to the rogue state of "the Cape." Darren sipped from his glass of water, "We are not attacking innocent civilians. Those present in the video are partisans, which are actively engaged with Drakan soldiers. As demonstrated with citizens from Gabon, those wishing to leave the troubled areas are welcomed to do so. The fact of the matter is simple. The Cape will not be allowed to exist. As a matter of fact, you are a representative of a rebel state, currently engaged in active warfare against the Dominion. You have no rights, and you should be jailed."

Darren adjusted his suit, "Representative Olympio, How has the Dominion of Draka taken the rights of a state, which does not exist at all? the Cape has not acted in the best interest of it's citizens. We have evidence of economic slavery and gross biological experiments, from rogue corporations. We have every right to intervene on behalf of those citizens, and we did just that. You, along with every other nation present at this meeting, have no right to dictate how we control our lands. We dictate our present and our future." Darren began to gather his papers,

"In regards to an African Union, no we do not support it, especially with so many negative attitudes pointed against us. In addition, we cannot work with nations that act against the best interest of the Dominion of Draka. "

Darren would pick up his dossier and walk out the room.

"We would love to see this so called evidence of economic slavery, and biological experiments, unless of course you don't actually possess any." Elfrieda called to Darren as he walked out.

Samara impatiently sighed and tapped the microphone, "Perhaps it would make more sense to reconvene tomorrow. A fresh start of the conversation, with whoever decides to stick around. I offer to all of you the hospitality of Khartoum, and rooms will be prepared in the Corinthia hotel."

With that, he retreated to the bar out in the lobby to catch a quick drink.

06[08:12] * denard quickly walks after the departing representative from Draka and says, "Excuse me, sir, can I speak with you privately for a moment, away from the rest of the mob?"
[08:23] <Darren> "Sure, but make it quick, I do not have much time
01[08:24] <denard> "I just wish to get confirmation on my offer to allow refugees from Cape City to relocate to Bossaso, under the provision they not use the location to trouble the Dominion of Draka in anyway. Should they do so, we work together to punish those responsible for the trouble, which ought not to be difficult Legion controls the city's power and water supplies."
[08:28] <Darren> "We can agree to that"
[08:28] <Darren> "However, be advised, if those refugees trouble us, all deals are off."
[08:29] <Darren> "We will act accordingly, be it diplomatic or military."
[08:30] <Darren> *militarily
01[08:30] <denard> "I understand that, however, I do ask if they do trouble you, we both work together to deal with the problem. Neither of us want trouble in our backyard, them troubling you from Bossaso is trouble for Legion as well. We do not offer them this to be slapped in the face by them."
[08:34] <Darren> "Mhm, also, we would like Ariana Grande transferred to us for holding."
01[08:35] <denard> "If we see her, we have issue with turning her over."
[08:36] <Darren> "What issues?"
01[08:36] <denard> ooc, should be no issue
01[08:37] <denard> "Sorry, I misspoke, Legion has no issue turning her over to the Dominion of Draka if she comes into our custody."
01[08:52] <denard> "So, I will have ships sent to bring those refugees who wish to leave the chance to do so. They will fly Legion's flag and we will notifiy your Navy and government before arriving so that we can get instructions on where to dock. Thank you for your time."
[08:57] <Darren> "That is fine, good day sir"
06[08:57] * denard leaves the man to enjoy the rest of his day and takes his leave.

Once that bit of business has been sorted out, he goes to the bar in the lobby to speak with the Sudanese representative before making contact with Tianxia and Athens to finalize the agreement regarding the Cape City refugees. 

Nadel walked over to Elfrieda and spoke quickly "How can my government help yours. We cannot let this 'Dominion' dominate free people. Rohan has prepared food and munitions for The Cape. If they'll accept them of course."

Edited by Dillon1102

Elfrieda was at the bar, drinking a 1997 Romano Dal Forno Vigneto di Monte Lodoletta, a fine wine to ease her nerves, the atrocities she had been watching from the newsfeeds never leaving her mind, millions were dead already, and many more would be before the Drakans would be finished. She listened to the Rohan representative intently, letting out a sigh before replying, "Unfortunately I do not believe the Drakan military nor the Tianxian government would allow the passage of anything to ease the suffering of our people, we are incredibly appreciative of your kindness and generosity, but we would never ask you to do something that would cause needless harm to your own nation, Our city will burn and it does not appear there is anything the rest of the world is going to be able to do to stop it without a change of heart from Athens or Tianxia."

Edited by Mogar

"How many men do you have left in your city. Please don't make us sit by and watch as democracy is destroyed! We can help we have men ready and willing to help you!"

Denard pokes his head back into the room and says to the representative from Rohan, "You really want to die don't you?" He then returns to the bar to finish his drink and conversation.

Open Letter to the Conference:

Tianxia wishes to remind the delegates from nations covered under Article III of the Cape Accords that ended the African War, that though we have thus far refrained from enforcing our rights in the region we absolutely retain the right to do so and keep policy options open.  Attempts to expand the war between h Cape Region and the Drakan State, into East Africa, by in anyway aiding either side, will only invite Drakan Adventurism into our Strategic Zone of Interest.  As such we will take action to preempt military adventurism by removing threats ourselves. 

The conference would resume the next day, with whoever had decided to stick around in Khartoum. Those who had left would be given a re-invitation, and barring their acceptance, a transcript of the second day's events.

Okot Samara would start the meeting quickly this time, with the representatives being given no time to mingle in the lobby, "Esteemed representatives. Today we have a fresh start, which I wish to open with a discussion on mutual economic growth. Africa is a large and potentially powerful continent. European colonialism was driven by the resource and manpower wealth they saw here. Now here we stand, in the modern day, making individual pacts and short term agreements." He paused to look over the representatives, "Once again, I propose an African Union. What such a political body will fully entail, is something we will build together in this room. The first portion of such a union that must be discussed, is not its military applications, but its ability to mutually benefit all economies tied to Africa. Free trade agreements already exist between Sudan and the Union of Guinea, and I see no reason such an agreement could not be applies to the continent as a whole. I don't propose an invasion of sovereignty; to once more use my own nation as an example, the agreement I just mentioned does nothing to change the nature of private companies within Sudan. They are still limited to the free trade zones, but are given precedence over companies from nations with no such agreement. Sudan's internal policy is preserved, while economic cooperation creates stronger ties and stronger economies. Does anywhere here at this conference oppose a continental economic treaty?"

"What sort of details would this economic treaty entail? I am sure it would be more than just a free trade agreement otherwise you would have said a continental free trade agreement. So other than free trade what else are you looking to propose?" replied Imperial Diplomat Kresh from his seat.  

"What is Gabon interested in? I wish to construct this treaty through discussion, not dictation."

"Imperial Gabon does not wish to end up in any sort of agreement where we would be required to support another nation's economy at any time it was needed. If you can agree to an agreement where such help is optional at best then Imperial Gabon will be willing to consider it and any further agreements". 

"Imperial Gabon does not wish to end up in any sort of agreement where we would be required to support another nation's economy at any time it was needed. If you can agree to an agreement where such help is optional at best then Imperial Gabon will be willing to consider it and any further agreements". 

"Legion would favor such a clause as well. No nation should be required to assist Gabon at any time for anything."

"Legion would favor such a clause as well. No nation should be required to assist Gabon at any time for anything."

"I don't see why you decided to focus on Imperial Gabon but the clause would cover all nations. In other words if any nation encounters difficulties then other nations can choose to help if they so want".

"I don't see why you decided to focus on Imperial Gabon but the clause would cover all nations. In other words if any nation encounters difficulties then other nations can choose to help if they so want".

"I absolutely agree, no nation should be forced to assist Gabon in anyway. Let's be sure to include this into the final draft."

"I absolutely agree, no nation should be forced to assist Gabon in anyway. Let's be sure to include this into the final draft."

"That isn't what I am saying you idiot. I am saying that no nation should have to be forced by this agreement to help any other African nation unless they so wish to do so. That includes nations other than Imperial Gabon. Do you understand what I am saying? Or do I need to put it into pictures for you?"