Chapter 20: The Fall; Alternately, The Rise, depends on your perspective.

Antasija walks up the beach, the crystal clear water washing against her feet as she walked discontentedly. She sighs and looks around at the vacated beach, on one of the less traveled areas of the island. It wasn't the same without him. The sounds of the waves crashing against the sand filled her ears, the sky was clear besides the sun, beaming down on her skin, already quite dark from such exposure after so many years. She takes a seat in the surf and looks out at the ocean, "This is !@#$%^&*." she says to it, hearing it roar its approval, "I shouldn't be running away from him right when he needs me most." the ocean gives a more uncertain crash, "Well it was just one time and he's working on fixing it as we speak." the ocean roars again, "I don't think it will happen again, he's got it under control already probably."

To contradict her the sky became dark, darker than even this beach was at night, at least then the stars were alight. She heard a female voice whisper "Are you so sure he has ever been in control since he met you?" She jumps up and spins around, looking at who'd just appeared and taking a defensive stance, "Who are you?" she asks aggressively, "What do you want?" Laughter filled her head,"I'm nobody you need to worry about, I'd be more worried about... them." the voice came from every direction, the sky let loose a deluge of water, and dark figures began rising up from the sand and surf surrounding her, all moving towards her. "Oh $%&@ off, I'm on vacation!" she shouts, going slowly towards the side she percieved as weaker, "Who what the $%&@ do you want from me?"

She would recognize their weaponry easily, made of the same stuff she had trained against just a few days ago. "You've become quite the little nusance with your master, it's time to remove you while he is not here to save you." the voice snickered at her, laughing raspily. "Like hell!" she darts off between two of them, rotating around and putting her heel in the neck of any who would try to get in her way first, knowing that it was unlikely that she'd be able to fight her way out of this. They continued to spawn all around her, thunder and lightning filling the sky, the rain pouring down upon them, the figures were beaten back but she would not be escaping, "Hell is the least of your worries dear, we have a special place for traitors like you, especially working with him. of all people." they began moving faster, inspired by their leaders voice.

She starts to be overwhelmed and starts to use the weapon given to her by her lover so long ago, firing bolts of lightning from her hands at the advancing demons to try and throw them back. "Blech, he made you into one of his monsters down in that city? you should see what happened to the last girl who let him experiment upon her, she-" the raspy voice was cut off by a beam of light, simultaniously the word, "ENOUGH!" echoing in Antasija's head. the sky turned clear again, the beach returned to its pristine state.

Antasija reeled for a moment, falling to her knees and closing her eyes. A new challenger had, evidently, appeared.

"My Child, come with me, step forth into the waters and be cleansed of your sins, return to us." the voice boomed, androgynous it was impossible to tell who, or what, more accurately, was speaking to her. "Oh $%&@, you guys." she says, biting her lip a bit uncomfortably and standing, "Look, all those people I axed had it coming." she says, though it was better than being taken by the other team. She starts to back into the water. "Do not be so foolish as to think you can get your intentions and reasoning hidden away from us. You are merely one peice in this game, and leaving you to be captured by them would... hurt our chances at this game signifigantly, as would leaving you within reach of him. you will join us until he cannot go further without your assistance." the voice said sardonically, in a flash, she was gone.

OOC note: concurrent with Seoul Searching

Edited by Mogar

Chapter 21: Atlas Rising

He was standing in his room, having already trashed her room searching for a sign, anything to say where she might have gone. It was a week since he went to Tahiti, finding nothing but a circle of glass, the sword he had given her sticking into the center slag, the scabbard a few meters away from the blackened circle. He had spent over a week searching the island, making no effort to hide Rapture's advanced technology. Drones were flying over the island regularly for the entire time, he searched every piece of information, needing something. Satellite intelligence went blank for the time period that she would have disappeared, not a single security camera on the entire island had footage from that half hour.

He tossed the empty bottle in his hand at the wall, the remaining liquor dripping down the wall onto the shattered glass. "Katelin, you're in charge, I can't come back here until I find her." for once she actually spoke up. "Sir, are you sure that's wise? We do need you around, and Antasija is strong, she wouldn't have gone with anyone unless it was willing." he sighed, "That's exactly what I am afraid of."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the city, Fontaine was sitting in his own office, he knew enough of what had happened to know Mogar was out of the picture for a while, which was exactly what he needed. A floor below him sat a lab with four dozen women strapped to experimentation tables, Fontaine had learned enough of the process to be able to recreate it, although the adult subjects were rarely as stable, they produced a far greater amount of ADAM, with the cost of the host after a few weeks, but people were not expensive to replace, and Mogar's little sisters were just not created enough supply to meet the demand of the residents of Rapture.

Had Mogar been focused on the city rather than on finding Antasija, he would have noticed the changes spreading across the city, the addiction to ADAM was growing, and the monsters Fontaine was creating would soon become more than just a minor problem. a loud CRACK in Mogar's bedroom sealed the fate of the city for now, Katelin would do her best as filling his shoes but it would not be long until Fontaine took over the Board, and with it, the ADAM.

Edited by Mogar

• 3 months later...

Chapter 22: All good things...

Of course with Mogar finally returning to the city, a number of automated systems restored themselves. There were dozens of labs across the city that only he could access, though due to the length of his departure their security protocols were activated, with some capsules opening to release their contents, after so long of an absence they had long since run out of sustenance for the experiments, putting them on ice for him to return to later. The whir and hiss of machinery began throughout Rapture, with blast doors opening and things joining the rest of the abominations roaming the place.