No cooperation, no cooperation at all, jolly well can't have monsters running about, jolly well going to have to do it myself

So he got offered economic advice...went noob and proved he had no clue....NSF kicked him out.....

I'm fine with it. If you're that worked up over the tech the guy now has no protection so you can hit him if you want. 

Again I wont drop logs, but what they wanted him to do, the game would not have allowed for him to do that. They wanted him to send out the 200 tech before they helped him. He was in bill-lock, so he could not send out any aid, he could only receive. Kick out a nation for being a noob, I can get behind that reasoning for other circumstances, but don't tell the kid to do something that the game wont allow him to do, then kick him out for not doing it. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I wont drop logs, but what they wanted him to do, the game would not have allowed for him to do that. They wanted him to send out the 200 tech before they helped him. He was in bill-lock, so he could not send out any aid, he could only receive. Kick out a nation for being a noob, I can get behind that reasoning for other circumstances, but don't tell the kid to do something that the game wont allow him to do, then kick him out for not doing it. 

Or what?

Don't really see what's inherently wrong with dumping nations that are a net drain on alliance resources.

Or what?

Don't really see what's inherently wrong with dumping nations that are a net drain on alliance resources.

He was an active kid, who was looking for help. Sure, I agree with you that you should kick nations who are noobs from your AA. I can get behind that. But they kicked him for not following orders, which was if you want our help, lower your bills, and send the 200 tech your nation has to lower your bills. How on earth, if he is bill locked, can he send that aid to lower his bills? I get kicking people for not following orders, if they wont follow orders, off you go. But the game wouldn't allow him to do what they were asking him to do. 

We sent him aid to get out of bill lock, and crv said we can get our tech from him, and NSF wouldn't pay it. Which is all fine and dandy, i'm just glad that we all came to a conclusion of said matter. The nation is getting the help he needs, and we will be getting our tech.

I want to thank NSF for the help they've been tonight, 11 days later. 

Does NSF really need more newbs to deal with? Aren't they doing their part already?

I'm excited to see AE or Riot Society step up and take this dude on for the good of planet bob.

Edited by Auctor

I can't believe this topic actually went 3 pages, and mostly arguing over this minor issue.  Personally I would of just messaged the kid and told him your alliance doesn't seem to care about you, why don't you join us, we'll get you out of bill lock and we'll forget about the owed tech,  Either way, i would think someone could afforded to help this guy out of bill lock, explain to him how to do a tech deal correctly, and continued with a evolution of a contributing member of the game

Pretty sure CRV told him to sell off his military so he would lower his bills.....That's what I got out of the message. Sure sending him aid is a quick fix but the kid only learns that if he's in trouble he can get bailed out......I for one never liked that logic. 

Pretty sure CRV told him to sell off his military so he would lower his bills.....That's what I got out of the message. Sure sending him aid is a quick fix but the kid only learns that if he's in trouble he can get bailed out......I for one never liked that logic. 

Yea, he said the same thing on irc, but he also said, he had to send out all his tech to lower the bills as well. The kid has been waiting a month or so for help, and judging by his PMs to his buyer, he's been asking for it for awhile, and he just got it. Also, I don't believe it was his fault he got sent into bill lock (we can argue it was since he wasn't prepared for war, but that ultimately lands on the AA's government) he was either attacking FAN in the short war, or was attacked by FAN. So it wasn't really his fault he was sent into bill lock, in my eyes. But I can see where it was his fault for not having a warchest, but I digress. I agree with you that helping someone who doesn't deserve to be bailed out, because of his own mistakes, and faults, just helps to replicate the behavior again, and again. Though, I don't think it was his fault, by being in bill-lock, or staying in bill-lock.

Because let's be real, how negligible would the reduction in his bills have really been? 40k? If he's been in bill lock for a month or so, that would not have helped in the slightest. But hey, NSF our your allies, so I get you defending them, but I hope you can see the selling off of military, which maybe would have saved 40k in bills, and telling him to send out his tech before he got money (which the game wouldn't have allowed him to do) is a sad reason to kick someone off the AA, especially who was active. Yes, auctor, we've extended our help to eric4500, and if he wants to join there is no one stoping him from joining us. 

As stated, albeit probably not too clearly, he was kicked for not just failing to sell off his military, which at the time included 5 GCs, but for many reasons including NSFs strict policy on sending out aid. Make sense considering all the mouths we have to feed but basically if someone isn't willing to improve their nation by a) getting an audit done, so we can see where we can sure up his economy with out sending aid. b) After recieving said audit, you must listen to all of the suggestions made by NSF government in order to get aid. He had done neither but I was still trying to help him out by selling off what he could. However the way I see it the issue here is over and this topic deservedly should die, we are perfectly fine with RS having a member who sells half of his infra and then attacks 3 unaligned instead of war targets then wondering why hes in bill lock. The last straw of course was the message I recieved threatening war if we didn't send aid to to him (screen shot can be provided.)

Ok so to reiterate for those that choose to ignore the facts.

Eric was asked to sell off his military, his excess of which equated to 20 planes, or 4k per day in bills. He was also ordered to send out the 200 tech he had to lower his bills and pay his debt. As most will know tech does not incur any bill cost nor can it be sent to anyone once you are bill-locked. The moment I found out he was no longer on the NSF AA, I sent him 6m. This 6m freed him from bill-lock and I will receive my tech in due course. Easy as that, NSF.

So Eric was kicked from the NSF AA for not following an order that was completely and utterly wrong.  He has since declined an invite to RS and is forming his own alliance however the tech will continue to flow, I'm sure.

I can't believe this topic actually went 3 pages, and mostly arguing over this minor issue.  Personally I would of just messaged the kid and told him your alliance doesn't seem to care about you, why don't you join us, we'll get you out of bill lock and we'll forget about the owed tech,  Either way, i would think someone could afforded to help this guy out of bill lock, explain to him how to do a tech deal correctly, and continued with a evolution of a contributing member of the game

This. However there was no way I was getting another AA's member out of bill lock because of someone else's incompetence. Hey Ho, theres a new micro out there now, yay.

Does NSF really need more newbs to deal with? Aren't they doing their part already?

I'm excited to see AE or Riot Society step up and take this dude on for the good of planet bob.

Let me know if you find any more. Given AE is built and bred on 'newbs' yes still keeps slot usage above 60%, I'm sure we can get such nations in order.

I hope everyone follows your lead and makes a topic every time a tech seller backs out of a deal.  Then we can all read an extra 100 worthless topics each day.

Read OP > leave.

That is how simple the process can be. But noooo... here you are posting another pointless post in this thread.

The whole point was to laugh at NSF. As far as I'm concerned it worked, you can leave now.

Read OP > leave.

That is how simple the process can be. But noooo... here you are posting another pointless post in this thread.
The whole point was to laugh at NSF. As far as I'm concerned it worked, you can leave now.

Just NSF?

I hope everyone follows your lead and makes a topic every time a tech seller backs out of a deal.  Then we can all read an extra 100 worthless topics each day.

This thread is like a blunt pencil

Pointless

You missed the point entirely. He didn't back out of the deal, far from it. If you actually had contextual reading down, you would be able to discern that said nation was in bill lock, and was looking for help from his alliance. He said to us that he wasn't able to pay us after two weeks after the missed deal, then in two weeks, he said he wasn't going to pay us, because he was in bill lock, and couldn't send out aid. We then contacted NSF gov, they ignored us, so this thread was made. They in turn contacted us, so what you see as pointless, was in fact not that pointless. We helped a nation get out of bill lock, and helped him complete his deals, as well as getting the original tech. Just because you don't think it has a point, the point was gotten by the people it was intended to get get, and it was taken care of. So, in fact, it was not at all pointless. 

So i'm oh so sorry that you think people using the CNForums to actually contact people, and or get something done is pointless. 

I also find it funny that the community says this place is dying around here, but when people actually use the CNForums for game related topics such as these, they get berated, and made fun of for using the CNForums. Before you say, you can use forums, and irc to get this done. No alliance needs a forum to play this game or irc to play this game. We have in-game announcements which take away the need for forums, and irc. We have the CNForums for global communication, which it has been used since inception. 

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon