Single sentence responses.

Kevin Kingswell

After a short discussion on IRC I am opening this up for discussion here. Now to start I am not totally against single sentence posts as sometimes they have their place and sometimes it is all anyone can manage due to restrictions. However, I feel that most of the time the people posting these sentences can wait until they have free time to make more quantitative posts at a later date. Regardless this topic is for working out an addition to the rules for not allowing single sentences to be accepted as appropriate activity to count going against inactivity for CNRP.

I personally think that if someone really wants to be in CNRP they would find the time to post something other than a single sentence to avoid going inactive. 

Other people's thoughts on this?

I can be supportive of this legislation, provided there are some stipulations. Although there has been less and less one-liner posting as of late, less so than before, its something that really shows no interest at all in CNRP, and basically is tantamount to land hogging without any creative purpose.

I believe that this should be a tiered system, where if someone is posting one liners, they get at least one chance to correct their misdeeds. That warning will come from a GM, and if they do it after that, then the GM greenlights a takeover by the person who lodges the complaint/request.

I feel as though that is a fair mode of operation, and a formal way of going about enforcing such a rule and the GM will have the responsibility of ensuring that there aren't any "lost posts" someone is missing before green lighting it.

I think we already did a rule that was kind of like this.  It used to be that someone would just voice their congratulations on a treaty or something every 25 days and we ruled that it no longer counted as a proper post.  I would be fine with a new no one liners rule.