Where do we go from here?

Bed Intruder

Gentle Persons

I read this thread and others and remember the 4 years my nation was on top and countless abusive posts about how and why I was at the top. How many of those people decried the fact that I "bought" my way to the top and how, despite the attacks on me and the wars our alliance fought I had not "earned the right" to be at the top because I had not  fought and stolen my tech, land, money by raids or reps from fighting "real wars. Well, for all of you I present DBDC. They have taken up your call and exploited the full game mechanics. They took the raiding that many of you so love and admire and turned it back upon you. There should be cheering for all of you who for 4 years whined about the lack of attacking by the top nations. Yes. Us uselless neutrals. Sadly, what you think and our DBDC and Doom Squads friends and apologists still fail to understand is that we useless neutrals have understood how the game mechanics could be exploited for years but chose not to . You fail to see that the Useless neutrals make SE a place where politics can be played without it becoming a pointless TE session. We useless neutrals provide safe haven for some to regrow, a place for large and well versed nations to come from. Right TBRaiders? We provide a base for a productive tech trading business to flourish by protecting tech sellers from regular disruption and destruction during the regular major wars that occur. So does DBDC deserve to be at the top absolutely. Do their members take great "risks" to raid absolutely not. No more than when NPO allowed their buddies to do little wars where they pillaged smaller alliance and then demanded reps.  I appreciate the fact that DBDC has done, frankly a brilliant job of taking the game mechanics and exploited them to show exactly what the consequences of unplanned rules would lead to. To suggest, however there is great risk in gang banging the top nation of alliances who would be wrecked by their attack is to put it mildly rather silly.however why should they? They have  found the key that some of us have been sitting on for a long time as despite the garbage flung in our direction we actually tried to not exploit our advantage,and chose to not actually use it. Not exactly their fault this was allowed to happen. I have pointed the risk of this kind of result for the last three major wars, but who wants to listen to a "useless neutral". Think if I did not want to be caught that as DBDC was just forming I could not have exploited my tech advantage? I find some great amusement that my warnings went unheeded by those who should have listened and watch as those who kissed the butt of raiders now find its not as fun as was spewed on those of us who spoke up against it.

So congrats to DBDC you thought and learned what would get you to the top,pity you still try to justify this with nonsense about great risk you are taking and continuing to pee on us "useless" neutrals. Sad you make up stories of great sacrifice and your great service to DS and the former MK who pour tech down your throats without any tangible payments. Nice to have such a loyal and reliable tech supply. I actually am impressed that you have accomplished something that even at the height of its power NPO could not establish. Please just try not to blow smoke, us useless neutrals really do know better. As for those who are now decrying this it is just a little late for you to suddenly find religion. DBDC and others have been moving in this direction for a long time and if you were not so caught up in "politics" you would have seen the trees gathering to make this forest. We would like to see a true test put up, but so far GOP a uselless neutral is the only one to show stones enough to get pummelled for standing up to this nonsense. Thank goodness there were some good alliances who supported them against the excrement that was mushqueda. There are alliances who if they really feel this is an issue could bring some control, but to date I believe DBDC has done a heck of a job politically and strategically neutering them. Of course the amusing part is that many of these are those who flung at me when they protected a rouge who attacked us the brilliant "do something about it". You love a bully when it is you not so much when it is someone else.

So to the moralists good luck, but a little late to the table. To DBDC well done, but please roll back the silly morality and risks of your actions.

So while I enjoy my retirement from #1 I offer this simple thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cc1G-k2V7Q&feature=kp

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Useless

A) you're not neutral, stop pretending to be.

B) keep calling it an exploit and see if you don't get a chance to back up your words.

C) stop insulting our friends publicly.  They're still around in some form or another.

D) If you consider yourself so useless, make a move tough guy.  Enough niceties and posturing.  If you have a problem let's get that taken care of, there's no need to play passive aggressive on nations who don't fear you and have respectfully given you space.

DBDC took risks and they paid off.  In a way what DBDC did was very old school CN.  The same way the nations that took off early in CN were the nations that figured out aid slots and rigged "tech deals" so they could grow faster than their enemies.  What I see sheepishly asked in this thread is that admin should cut off the legs of the powerful because they were too clever for the rest of us mortals and it's not fair.  That's crap.  DBDC should be applauded for being clever (as should Hime) and if someone doesn't like it they should figure out a way to take them down.  Trying to whine admin into changing the rules because you were outwitted is lame and goes against everything gamer's should stand for in my humble opinion.   

edit-  grammar and spelling

Edited by masterbake

I skipped reading this thread.

Can I have 50k land now, or is Admin still being stubborn and favoring an unbalanced system?

A) you're not neutral, stop pretending to be.

B) keep calling it an exploit and see if you don't get a chance to back up your words.

C) stop insulting our friends publicly.  They're still around in some form or another.

D) If you consider yourself so useless, make a move tough guy.  Enough niceties and posturing.  If you have a problem let's get that taken care of, there's no need to play passive aggressive on nations who don't fear you and have respectfully given you space.

Good CubaQuerida

A) Never said I was but for 4 years I heard that.

B)Good god I did not call it an exploit I said you exploited, they mean radically different things. It was a compliment.

c)I am not insulting DBDC I am saying to the others to stop whining about rule changes as they got what they asked for. I am saying to my friends in DBDC to stop treating some of us a dumb. I said you guys have accomplished something not even NPO could do Stop looking for insults when none were ever sent your way.

D) If I wanted to have made a move it would have been a year ago. For god sake, stop assuming everybody is out for you. I said specifically YOU GUYS DESERVE TO BE ON TOP. I said if those whining about you wanted to do something then to do it.

Not everybody who speaks is speaking against you and not everyone has to kiss DBDC butt every post. This was specifically complimentary when I said you guys had politically and strategically neutered your potential opponents how exactly is this an insult.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Good TBRaiders

Cute. I exploited the full measure of the rules just as you guys have done. That was my point when it was me, "I was using an exploit" and now people are saying the same about you. The point I was making if it was too subtle was that it was not true, then nor is it true now. OR you can suggest it was true then and it is true now. If you prefer to take my compliment on your game play as an insult, then that is hardly my problem. You guys seem to find taking a compliment very difficult and frankly, I do not understand why.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

I welcome any attackers to come stand up to me! :smug:

That was a little funny to people in your circle a couple of years ago...now, it's a bit sad.

DBDC took risks and they paid off.  In a way what DBDC did was very old school CN.  The same way the nations that took off early in CN were the nations that figured out aid slots and rigged "tech deals" so they could grow faster than their enemies.  What I see sheepishly asked in this thread is that admin should cut off the legs of the powerful because they were too clever for the rest of us mortals and it's not fair.  That's crap.  DBDC should be applauded for being clever (as should Hime) and if someone doesn't like it they should figure out a way to take them down.  Trying to whine admin into changing the rules because you were outwitted is lame and goes against everything gamer's should stand for in my humble opinion.   

edit-  grammar and spelling

That's amusing, because game companies routinely tweak games and game mechanics in order to create better/restore game balance.

I skipped reading this thread.

Can I have 50k land now, or is Admin still being stubborn and favoring an unbalanced system?

Next you'll be asking silly questions like, "how did we go from a hard land cap, to a soft cap with an effective limit of 100k for modifier purposes, to now apparently no cap whatsoever and not one word in the game update logs about any of it?"

Do their members take great "risks" to raid absolutely not.  No more than when NPO allowed their buddies to do little wars where they pillaged smaller alliance and then demanded reps.

You must have missed the first day of compliment school.

Edited by masterbake

You must have missed the first day of compliment school.

Good masterbake

You might have missed the first day of completing reading school.

. To suggest, however there is great risk in gang banging the top nation of alliances who would be wrecked by their attack is to put it mildly rather silly.however why should they

My point was they were not taking great risk, but why the heck should they , they have figured out the best way to do something. That is a compliment, but thank for trying to help me out.

Also not everything has to be a butt kiss this is hardly the first time in 8 years I spoken out against raiding as something we do not particularly like. This does not mean that DBDC are frankly not the best ever at it. Nor that they are not deserving as I stated to be the top alliance in the game.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

That's amusing, because game companies routinely tweak games and game mechanics in order to create better/restore game balance.

They tweak games to make them more functional not to stop people from whining.

Cuba- "sorry hime but your $#@+ is tiresome. It's my time now"
Hime- "yes I realize that but I must still argue for the sake of it"
Seriously can we skip the y&r here? Just take it to the parking lot and be done with it already.

Cuba- "sorry hime but your $#@+ is tiresome. It's my time now"
Hime- "yes I realize that but I must still argue for the sake of it"
Seriously can we skip the y&r here? Just take it to the parking lot and be done with it already.

Williambonney

It is Cuba and DBDC time they worked very hard to get there.Period. But it would appear you too cannot conceive that I might actually have suggested that whining to get the rules changed to stop them as was suggest about me for 4 years is getting tiresome. I havenot made a posts about this for over 4 months but hey your right I am very concerned about their move up. :facepalm:

Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

Next you'll be asking silly questions like, "how did we go from a hard land cap, to a soft cap with an effective limit of 100k for modifier purposes, to now apparently no cap whatsoever and not one word in the game update logs about any of it?"

It was announced over three years ago:  http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/98598-maximum-land-why/#entry2634268

Admin even said previous to that post he never meant to put a cap in place, was just the way he coded it.

I am curious if this is just one more thread you are crying about it or did you completely change how you played the game based on what you thought was a 100K cap?  Wait, what would make you think there was a 100K cap anyway?  Until one of our guys hit the cap nobody even knew it was still a bug.

Good masterbake

You might have missed the first day of completing reading school.

Good hime

I see the art of pretending to compliment someone while digging them in the back with a knife is not lost on you. In some conversations a few positive words followed by a flood of negativity is not a compliment. "Sad you make up stories of great sacrifice" for example is an attack and not a compliment.

Respectfully

Masterbake

Gentle Persons

I read this thread and others and remember the 4 years my nation was on top and countless abusive posts about how and why I was at the top. How many of those people decried the fact that I "bought" my way to the top and how, despite the attacks on me and the wars our alliance fought I had not "earned the right" to be at the top because I had not  fought and stolen my tech, land, money by raids or reps from fighting "real wars. Well, for all of you I present DBDC. They have taken up your call and exploited the full game mechanics. They took the raiding that many of you so love and admire and turned it back upon you. There should be cheering for all of you who for 4 years whined about the lack of attacking by the top nations. Yes. Us uselless neutrals. Sadly, what you think and our DBDC and Doom Squads friends and apologists still fail to understand is that we useless neutrals have understood how the game mechanics could be exploited for years but chose not to . You fail to see that the Useless neutrals make SE a place where politics can be played without it becoming a pointless TE session. We useless neutrals provide safe haven for some to regrow, a place for large and well versed nations to come from. Right TBRaiders? We provide a base for a productive tech trading business to flourish by protecting tech sellers from regular disruption and destruction during the regular major wars that occur. So does DBDC deserve to be at the top absolutely. Do their members take great "risks" to raid absolutely not. No more than when NPO allowed their buddies to do little wars where they pillaged smaller alliance and then demanded reps.  I appreciate the fact that DBDC has done, frankly a brilliant job of taking the game mechanics and exploited them to show exactly what the consequences of unplanned rules would lead to. To suggest, however there is great risk in gang banging the top nation of alliances who would be wrecked by their attack is to put it mildly rather silly.however why should they? They have  found the key that some of us have been sitting on for a long time as despite the garbage flung in our direction we actually tried to not exploit our advantage,and chose to not actually use it. Not exactly their fault this was allowed to happen. I have pointed the risk of this kind of result for the last three major wars, but who wants to listen to a "useless neutral". Think if I did not want to be caught that as DBDC was just forming I could not have exploited my tech advantage? I find some great amusement that my warnings went unheeded by those who should have listened and watch as those who kissed the butt of raiders now find its not as fun as was spewed on those of us who spoke up against it.

So congrats to DBDC you thought and learned what would get you to the top,pity you still try to justify this with nonsense about great risk you are taking and continuing to pee on us "useless" neutrals. Sad you make up stories of great sacrifice and your great service to DS and the former MK who pour tech down your throats without any tangible payments. Nice to have such a loyal and reliable tech supply. I actually am impressed that you have accomplished something that even at the height of its power NPO could not establish. Please just try not to blow smoke, us useless neutrals really do know better. As for those who are now decrying this it is just a little late for you to suddenly find religion. DBDC and others have been moving in this direction for a long time and if you were not so caught up in "politics" you would have seen the trees gathering to make this forest. We would like to see a true test put up, but so far GOP a uselless neutral is the only one to show stones enough to get pummelled for standing up to this nonsense. Thank goodness there were some good alliances who supported them against the excrement that was mushqueda. There are alliances who if they really feel this is an issue could bring some control, but to date I believe DBDC has done a heck of a job politically and strategically neutering them. Of course the amusing part is that many of these are those who flung at me when they protected a rouge who attacked us the brilliant "do something about it". You love a bully when it is you not so much when it is someone else.

So to the moralists good luck, but a little late to the table. To DBDC well done, but please roll back the silly morality and risks of your actions.

So while I enjoy my retirement from #1 I offer this simple thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cc1G-k2V7Q&feature=kp

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Masterbake

Yes I see how nasty I was to them. That comment was to point out they did not need to justify what they had accomplished their accomplishment spoke for itself.

Thanks for pointing that out I might have missed it.

What is particularly funny is you and I are arguing for the same point about whining about rule changes to hurt DBDC.

Dame Hjme Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

Hime

I thought we were arguing about your quite obvious passive aggressive attack on DBDC.  Completely reading your post I can come to no other conclusion. 

Respectfully

Masterbake

Good Masterbake

Then you read it wrong. I for 4 years put up with the same exact posts and while I have seen suggestion threads over the past 4 months this one finally got my goat. I am not sure why every single word spoken must be a kiss butt or it is passive aggressive. DBDC is currently the best in the game bar none. Our alliance has never supported raiding and we have had the occasional drive by spy attacks on us by DBDC so I do not have to love everyone or everything they do to admire the absolutely spectacular way they have played this nor be annoyed about yet another change the rules thread whining about DBDC. Is that clear enough.

Dame Hime Themis

Then I'd submit you've never visited a game forum outside of this one...and that you really haven't paid attention to this one very much.   ;)

It was announced over three years ago:  http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/98598-maximum-land-why/#entry2634268

Admin even said previous to that post he never meant to put a cap in place, was just the way he coded it.

I am curious if this is just one more thread you are crying about it or did you completely change how you played the game based on what you thought was a 100K cap?  Wait, what would make you think there was a 100K cap anyway?  Until one of our guys hit the cap nobody even knew it was still a bug.

No announcements in the game update logs.  So basically in 2011 if you happened to be paying attention to that part of the forums and happen to read that thread, you got the word.  I'm also guessing however he never saw the unintended consequences of his actions either.  This is why we play test.  

Why did I think there was a limit?  Never saw anyone with more than 100k purchased land, and I think it was o ya baby that first drew my attention to it when I fought him, because he was maxed out at 100k effective land then and it said so in game.  What you call a bug was something I assumed was just part of the game mechanics.

As for my desire for land...people in Valhalla will tell you that I have always been an advocate for buying more land even as some of them would deliberately sell off land every war so they didn't have to buy a navy (that little legal exploit started evaporating for many of them when their land through growth passed 1,000 miles).  To the extent that o ya baby was buying it?  No.  Though as a result of the EQ War I came to accept that 100k land had to be an ultimate goal, but getting there, and keeping a sizable warchest would be very challenging.  By the time you and your raided me, I was still only up to 16k of land, and of course it pretty much all got burned away, thanks to Cuba.  

Are we all doing this "Good... Respectfully" thing now? I shall give it a try!

Good ser,

You must not have heard of a game called EVE online. For CCP has on a few occasions significantly altered the game because of goonswarm's QQ'ing. in one instance goons cried so much that CCP nerfed the mainstay titan fit called a "blap fit titan" and titans have sucked ever since because their tracking was hit with a huge effing nerfbat among other things. why did CCP nerf titans? (titans are the biggest ship-class in the game) basically goons were crying all over the eve boards because goons' enemies at the time had more titans than them and they were more powerful than goons' fleets of sub-caps (not even capital class ships) because they were fit specifically to counter goons tactics and it was a better strategy than what goons were using. sadly titans have been pretty much neutered ever since.

Respectfully,

Daimyo of Internal Affairs, former Shogun, former Roju, Rogal "brogal" Dorn, founder of Sengoku

Don't really understand the significance of there not having been a note of it in the game update logs. Did it somehow not happen?

Auctor,

I imagine it was never put in the logs because it was never intended to be a thing.  It was a reported and corrected bug.  

Sad you make up stories of great sacrifice and your great service to DS and the former MK who pour tech down your throats without any tangible payments. Nice to have such a loyal and reliable tech supply.

I have a lot of problems with the majority of your condescending post and might even quote and reply to bits here and there, but this part made me laugh.

169031-gpa.png
From the time those stats started being saved you have received 2.3 billion cash and 33K tech... while sending out a whole 18 million in aid.  Hypocrite.  Do you think you are the only nation in this game who donates for themselves or others?  Feel free to check my sig stats.  Over the same time period I have received 11K less tech.  Might be because I was busy sending 507 million in aid to my mates, paying for my tech or helping them with war aid or rebuilding aid.  Tell us some more how you give to this community and help the small.

Looking at my sig stats, I see I have 113.9K reported damage received from my risk free wars.