Where do we go from here?

Bed Intruder

don't know what I personally am supposed to do anymore in this game. I am blessed to be safe under WTF but with GOP being absolutely rolled a while back, there's no telling who's next. 

Cuba, if you happen to read this, Bravo. You did what no one else was able to. 

So yeah, how do you feel about CN as it stands today?

You will never be truly safe, sir.  Our trained killers are not fazed by your neutral alliance affiliation.

I am far from a pioneer though and we as a whole haven't really DONE anything to any ultimate degree.  If you mean we unshackled ourselves from alliance-based politics and puppet wars, and took our own path through FA and military use of force, then yes, we have done that quite effectively.  It's not a new concept though, and anyone can (and will) point to our setup as either an impregnable fortress or a self-made prison or a cowardly/bully/inexperienced whatever the hell Tywin goes on about.  

The reality is we don't really care about which you think it is.  We have friends in this world, both real and in-game, and we are not afraid to stand by them in times of peril and show our support for them in times of peace and building.  We have a philosophy that allows us the freedom to act in support of whatever we want, and our size and strength allows us to take liberties that aren't possible with other conventional alliance setups.

Ultimately you are as free as you want to be, DBDC isn't out to kill you or make the game horrible for you.  Yes we raid and it stings and there's probably not much you can do to fight back effectively, but it's far from world-ending or even reason to despair.  As you graciously stated, I'm a respectful nation and I've held DBDC to an equally honorable and reasonable standard.  Apologies if you think the game is broken beyond repair, I'd suggest that you overestimate our desire to create such an atmosphere.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The size of the nations are the issue, it's the size of the warchests.  If there was something, anything, that limited warchests then it would be feasible for a large enough coalition to pull those "God Tier" nations down one by one and wipe them out.  It would take immense discipline, but it could be done.

They can already be pulled down. You just need to convince the GPA/WTF to do it (and probably run the military campaign for them)

I fail to see DBDC as a problem to be honest. This talk in the OP about the game being stagnant and implying it is in some way due to DBDC has me stumped. Sure there is a flaw in the game mechanics that means if your warchest is big enough there is no real consequence for war, but that applies to thousands of nations.

I know DBDC have had zero influence on what treaties we hold past or present and suspect for 99% of planet Bob the same applies.

Maybe a better approach would be to think outside the box and applaud others who do as well. This world is what we make it.

Honorable rulers,

I must agree. The world is what we make it. The dynamic and the politics are not shaped by the size of our nations any more than it is shaped by the size of our alliances. Micro politics is some of the most developed I’ve seen in some time. Looking back to the “good ol times” the community use to have a different culture and set of social norms. If you feel something is lacking than you have an obligation to yourself to change it.

In the end your enjoyment from our world isn’t based on how large your nation or alliance is. It’s in how you choose to live. For as much as others complain about rulers making “useless announcements/posts” that’s how those individuals choose to seek happiness. DBDC has no more influence over the sovereignty of alliances than what those alliances allow them to have. If FAN proved one thing its that war can't last forever.

Sincerely,

Joseph M. Black 

I love CN and the idea of a game where I can build my nation in real time so it's somewhat realistic. I like the way the economy is set up. I like most things about the game. My simple question is, where do we go from here?

While I would love to say the game is constantly changing and is very rapid with alliances rising and falling, this just isn't the case. The game hasn't been dynamic for awhile now.

Personally, I consider Cuba a friend. We did a donation deal or two and I learned he was very respectful, easy to talk to, and work oriented. Nonetheless, he orchestrated the biggest and best move CN will ever see. I know it's becoming cliche hearing that but he really has. Back to my question though. DBDC has the planet of bob by the balls! While one could argue, "All you have to do is fight back!" that couldn't be any wronger. I absolutely love the fact that he and his crew of heavy-hitting warmongers have taken planet bob under total control. I just don't know what anyone is supposed to do anymore. If you attack them back, 2 more 'bigs' (as I like to call them) will help total your nation till you grovel and beg for peace. Even if you did some significant damage, your alliance's lower and mid tier would be destroyed by their vast amount of allies waiting and more than willing to fight for life, liberty, or just for fun. 

Basically, I don't know what I personally am supposed to do anymore in this game. I am blessed to be safe under WTF but with GOP being absolutely rolled a while back, there's no telling who's next. 

Cuba, if you happen to read this, Bravo. You did what no one else was able to. 

So yeah, how do you feel about CN as it stands today?

What a pathetic post. Your alliance alone could overwhelm and take down DBDC if you ever decided to get off your collective rumps and you know.....do something.

Until then those of us that like DBDC will laugh as they continue to scare the pants off people as they raid those that do not fight back. 

Until then those of us that like DBDC will laugh as they continue to scare the pants off people as they raid those that do not fight back.

Excuse me? I'm sure you mean can't fight back? You know like that lone NPL nation that was hit by three DBDC nations. If we had even our small pre war upper tier we would of waged the long war but no they hit a war torn AA that couldn't provide help

I've never had a larger nation than I have right now. I haven't noticed my gameplay significantly impacted because I spent years below 60k NS.

I find it hard to be anything but amused by very large nations moaning and caterwauling about playing the same game the rest of us do in supposed "fighting range". You know who's fault it is that there are nations that big? All yall big nations that haven't pounded each other into a reasonable size over the years.

And if all of those remaining top 250 that aren't them are only neutrals? 

Then they'd probably end up getting attacked. Unfortunately for DBDC, if WTF or GPA got raided, I'm pretty sure they would fight till the last pixel has been diminished. Then again, I don't know how many tech farms we have over here in WTF so that could make an impact in the war. 

You will never be truly safe, sir.  Our trained killers are not fazed by your neutral alliance affiliation.

I am far from a pioneer though and we as a whole haven't really DONE anything to any ultimate degree.  If you mean we unshackled ourselves from alliance-based politics and puppet wars, and took our own path through FA and military use of force, then yes, we have done that quite effectively.  It's not a new concept though, and anyone can (and will) point to our setup as either an impregnable fortress or a self-made prison or a cowardly/bully/inexperienced whatever the hell Tywin goes on about.  

The reality is we don't really care about which you think it is.  We have friends in this world, both real and in-game, and we are not afraid to stand by them in times of peril and show our support for them in times of peace and building.  We have a philosophy that allows us the freedom to act in support of whatever we want, and our size and strength allows us to take liberties that aren't possible with other conventional alliance setups.

Ultimately you are as free as you want to be, DBDC isn't out to kill you or make the game horrible for you.  Yes we raid and it stings and there's probably not much you can do to fight back effectively, but it's far from world-ending or even reason to despair.  As you graciously stated, I'm a respectful nation and I've held DBDC to an equally honorable and reasonable standard.  Apologies if you think the game is broken beyond repair, I'd suggest that you overestimate our desire to create such an atmosphere.

By no means do I think you or anyone else in DBDC want to break the game beyond despair. My point in this post is that, with nations like yours which surely can't be caught up to, what's the point in trying to become the largest nation in the game? I'm a competitive person so my first thoughts on this game were "I'll be number one someday". Every since I've been slowly growing and then I started growing faster. After being hit in EQ and not having a warchest, it took awhile to start growing again (never making that mistake again). After TENE 2.0 disbanded I went to WTF so I could perhaps strengthen my chances to become #1 someday. That just isn't going to happen though. That's what I meant by "Where do we go from here"

What a pathetic post. Your alliance alone could overwhelm and take down DBDC if you ever decided to get off your collective rumps and you know.....do something.

I speak for myself, not my alliance. You must be mistaken, I like DBDC. I've had nothing but positive interactions with Cuba and have seen them stop their battles once they've collected 2-4 ground attacks of land. I know they don't personally try to demolish nations to the stone ages, that's just what their damage dealt/received makes it appear as. It's somewhat hard to have humility when you've been able to manipulate nation after nation after nation. Cuba is not afraid of anyone and I am not afraid of DBDC but mostly due to the fact that I'm nowhere near large enough to attack them or be attacked by them. I'm pretty sure WTF's upper-tier isn't scared either but neutrality is our #1 goal so you won't see us attacking them ever. As for saying "What a pathetic post." What kind of pathetic person hides behind the fact that you like DBDC. Only 2 or 3 members of your alliance are even able to be attacked by a Doombird and I see no treaty with them on your wiki. If DBDC attacked WTF, I would make sure to do everything my power to help our larger alliances destroy anyone who threatened our way of life nonetheless I understand that neutrality is our goal. 

Unknown Smurf, on 20 Feb 2014 - 2:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Hypothetically if you control the top 250 nations, you can keep attacking the people lower than you, thereby dropping the 250th nation floor and eventually you can have 600k NS Cuba's going loco on 80k NS nations.

Who said it was hypothetical? It's closer than you think good sir.  -Cuba

Just some food for thought.

Edited by Bed Intruder

My point in this post is that, with nations like yours which surely can't be caught up to, what's the point in trying to become the largest nation in the game? I'm a competitive person so my first thoughts on this game were "I'll be number one someday". Every since I've been slowly growing and then I started growing faster. After being hit in EQ and not having a warchest, it took awhile to start growing again (never making that mistake again). After TENE 2.0 disbanded I went to WTF so I could perhaps strengthen my chances to become #1 someday. That just isn't going to happen though. That's what I meant by "Where do we go from here"

When I started I had the same goal, but after less than a year of playing I realized that 1) I like to war and 2) I was never going to crack the top 20 because all of these older/larger nations can keep importing tech and growing at the same or faster rate than me while I am fighting or aiding my war comrades.  When I was in Gremlins we had the three largest nations in the game and we had a program called the 3 Kings where we made sure to keep their aid slots full of incoming tech.  How can you catch up to that?  I'm now ranked in the top 20 and if you look at the nation age of PromisedLand you will see that his nation is much younger than most large nations.  If you really want to be a top nation you can reach that goal.  It will take some time and work.

I am not worried about DBDC in the near term. Over the years we have evolved from Global Despotism (NPO), to Global Feudalism (MK), and today, Global Stability (Polardoxia). The Disorder War is the most recent cyclical shift and consolidation of political power, and as a result, Polardoxia has the mandate of destiny, so long as she holds together, the world will prosper and grow.

However, Global Stability is not necessarily the final world state. DBDC and its cronies desire to bring about Global Heirarchism, which would subjugate the proletarian nations under the bourgeoisie nations, with small nations forced to provide tech tribute. They have already begun with their plans, raiding alliances across Polardoxia in the last war, and attacking neutrals in the Mushqaeda War.

Pacifican neo-imperialism and desire to reestablish Global Despotism was defeated, resulting in Global Stability.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Excuse me? I'm sure you mean can't fight back? You know like that lone NPL nation that was hit by three DBDC nations. If we had even our small pre war upper tier we would of waged the long war but no they hit a war torn AA that couldn't provide help

Call your allies to help you, if you can't do it. Isn't that kind of the point of signing a defensive treaty? Edited by Neo Uruk

When I started I had the same goal, but after less than a year of playing I realized that 1) I like to war and 2) I was never going to crack the top 20 because all of these older/larger nations can keep importing tech and growing at the same or faster rate than me while I am fighting or aiding my war comrades.  When I was in Gremlins we had the three largest nations in the game and we had a program called the 3 Kings where we made sure to keep their aid slots full of incoming tech.  How can you catch up to that?  I'm now ranked in the top 20 and if you look at the nation age of PromisedLand you will see that his nation is much younger than most large nations.  If you really want to be a top nation you can reach that goal.  It will take some time and work.

TBRaiders is correct. Bed Intruder, it's not impossible for people to become number one. CubaQuerida earnestly secured his number 1 position where as many, many people once thought the number 1 would always been Hime Themis's and that it would be impossible to pass Themis in ranking. CubaQuerida shattered that thought by proving to the world that the number 1 is possible for anybody. In case if you don't know, CubaQuerida is only 1,801 days old while the rest of top 10 are ranging somewhere in between 1,600 days and 2,700 days. You just gotta carve the path for yourself and earn it.

I fail to see DBDC as a problem to be honest. This talk in the OP about the game being stagnant and implying it is in some way due to DBDC has me stumped. Sure there is a flaw in the game mechanics that means if your warchest is big enough there is no real consequence for war, but that applies to thousands of nations.

I know DBDC have had zero influence on what treaties we hold past or present and suspect for 99% of planet Bob the same applies.

Maybe a better approach would be to think outside the box and applaud others who do as well. This world is what we make it.

Thus my conclusion that there are two CNs within this realm.  You can't run your alliance based on what might happen to the one nation you have in the top 250 and thus part of CN2, you have to play the game based on the politics of CN1, which are far more dynamic.

TBRaiders is correct. Bed Intruder, it's not impossible for people to become number one. CubaQuerida earnestly secured his number 1 position where as many, many people once thought the number 1 would always been Hime Themis's and that it would be impossible to pass Themis in ranking. CubaQuerida shattered that thought by proving to the world that the number 1 is possible for anybody. In case if you don't know, CubaQuerida is only 1,801 days old while the rest of top 10 are ranging somewhere in between 1,600 days and 2,700 days. You just gotta carve the path for yourself and earn it.

All you need are sources of free tech, cash, and soldiers from alliances like Doom Squad (and don't bother denying it) and of course the cash (RL that is) on hand to donate regularly on behalf of yourself and of course others who repay you in more free tech and game cash.  It also helps to be part of the CN2 environment, which favors raiders, since people in that realm are far more likely to peace out  when raided, particularly those who are small alliances and don't particularly have any backup or those who are trying to participate meaningfully in CN1 and don't want the hassle. This will allow you to acquire significant amounts of land through quick GAs and peace outs.

Of course now since DBDC exists, you also should probably be a member of that alliance, since the idea that they would allow someone else to actually acquire enough land and tech to actually approach Cuba's NS is laughable.

This is what I make of your conclusion.

Good luck with your reading disability, Cuba.

I erred when I said I've fought bigger, but hey, I'm a member of a Viking alliance, so I had to go with the Thor reference.  What I should have said is that I've fought better men.  Have fun getting to 1,000,000 NS.

The amount of work, strategy, and money it would take to somehow carve my own path to the number one nation in the game is unfathomable.

This is honestly what everyone has said for a very long time. DBDC hasn't really made that different, just added more risk to it.

This is what I make of your conclusion.

Hime would still wreck Cuba in a war I think. Tech adv rules in war. 

OOC of course.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

This is honestly what everyone has said for a very long time. DBDC hasn't really made that different, just added more risk to it.

They did make it different. The only person that had a ton of land before DBDC took over their reign of the top 250 was Timmehh. Now there are mercenaries out and about in the top 250 looking for their next easy target. Land has become more important than ever in the past. They aren't cheaters in any way which is what some people make it sound like. I just think the mechanics should be changed. Whether it's nerfing land or boosting tech or getting rid of the +250/-250, something has got to give.