An Announcement from The Phoenix Federation

leeguy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed lol, this is a good site for both alliances congrats and good job

Yes we are happy with this, because we also maintain our word, not states that something was not respected because it was not stated

You announce a protectorate to an alliance currently at war and actively war slot filling.

Brilliant.

You're currently tech raiding them.. I imagine this means you finish current wars and once they [ooc]expire[/ooc] TPF will step in to stop any further wars against their protectorate. 

That was me, thank you 9x100 long time basis

Thank you, for your good will and kind message, we will make this protectorate an envy of protectorates

The adventure just begin, thanks

Thank you we are in the right path

Thank you we are also glad about this mutual cooperation pact

Yes we are happy with this, because we also maintain our word, not states that something was not respected because it was not stated

Who is Die Linke?

You know there is a Multiquote button, right?

This was on the cards since forever. COMECON certainly made things harder for themselves in getting protection, but now that they have it, they'll be able to eventually outgrow their current state of mockery.

I hope.

I am kind of surprised that Die Linke didn't try to protect them. 

They'd have to protect themselves first. :smug: 

[post affirming that TPF is really, really bad]

I just don't have the effort in me

e: wait no I found it

Funny how you tend to lose adolescents when you're weak & inactive huh? TPF is plenty active, but we won't fight for !@#$hy people or causes.

So, knowing that NPO would be one of the last alliances to get peace, you decided you wouldn't not fight for their "shithy" people or cause?

Man, I spent years in Doomhouse and wouldn't have even said that. Edited by Neo Uruk

I really didn't want to jump in here because this thread should be about congratulating COMECON and TPF, and not become another thread about NPO. So first: Congrats, TPF and COMECON. Hopefully TPF can have a good influence on COMECON here.

Now, to address the NPO-related point: What happened during the war is between NPO and TPF. We had no issues with them leaving when they did - they had to do what they felt was best for them at that point, and they took the deal they had. TPF has been one of our most steadfast and loyal allies for years and that has not changed. TPF had to look out for their ally, STA, as well as themselves. We hold no ill will towards them for what they did, as we said at the time and we continue to say now.

Edited by Krzyzewskiville

[post affirming that TPF is really, really bad]

I just don't have the effort in me

e: wait no I found it

So, knowing that NPO would be one of the last alliances to get peace, you decided you wouldn't not fight for their "!@#$hy" people or cause?

Man, I spent years in Doomhouse and wouldn't have even said that.

I can't believe TPF is catching flak for defending NPO again. TPF has always stood by NPO but that's not good enough for some. Not surprising the only ones complaining are non allies. 

I can't believe TPF is catching flak for defending NPO again. TPF has always stood by NPO but that's not good enough for some. Not surprising the only ones complaining are non allies.

I am not giving TPF flak for defending NPO. I am giving ruler Judge X flak for saying his direct ally was a shitty cause with shitty people.

It's pretty simple, really.

Or alternatively he was referring to NSO since TPF activated the oA clause in the NPO treaty, essentially defending NSO,  just a thought. Which was a shitty cause imho.

Or alternatively he was referring to NSO since TPF activated the oA clause in the NPO treaty, essentially defending NSO,  just a thought. Which was a !@#$%* cause imho.

Of course I was meaning NSO.

Neo actually had some nice things to say about us getting involved in that war if I remember correctly (sorry to blow your cover, Neo) 

I am not giving TPF flak for defending NPO. I am giving ruler Judge X flak for saying his direct ally was a !@#$%* cause with !@#$%* people.

Nah you're just misinterpreting, conistonslim has it right. It happens to the best of us.

Neo actually had some nice things to say about us getting involved in that war if I remember correctly (sorry to blow your cover, Neo) 

Nah you're just misinterpreting, conistonslim has it right. It happens to the best of us.

Indeed, I respected TPF greatly as they weren't obligated to join NPO's side. In fact, they had slated themselves to defending Fark for the longest. The thing is, at the time TPF peaced out, it was clear that NPO was considered at the very least a major target for the opposing coalition. So Judge X's post that TPF would not defend shitty people or shitty causes -- while his direct ally was being targeted -- is not the smartest thing to say.

I mean, I get he was trying to take a dig at NSO, but he could have done it in a number of better ways.

Any tech dealing complaints can be lodged at our forums. Bring screenshots. We are working diligently to overcome any language barriers & to train the noobiness out of them.

Good Luck, I had the pleasure of running into Gorbachov a few weeks back when FAN had their dart board out, I wasn't sure he if grasped the concept of a theme based alliance and knowing when and when not to draw attention to yourself, like sending out unsolicited tech deals offers at unheard of rates.

I did however enjoy the Jordan Belfort style capitalism he embarrassed and wished him well but keep his head down.

I am not giving TPF flak for defending NPO. I am giving ruler Judge X flak for saying his direct ally was a !@#$%* cause with !@#$%* people.

So you're not giving him !@#$ for disagreeing with their ally, but you are for saying his direct allies cause was !@#$%*? 

EDIT: That came off as hostile. I meant moreso to ask for clarity. 

Color me bemused.

Ooh a butterfly.

noseylittlefarkeraren'tyou

Edited by Unknown Smurf

So you're not giving him !@#$ for disagreeing with their ally, but you are for saying his direct allies cause was !@#$%*? 

EDIT: That came off as hostile. I meant moreso to ask for clarity. 

Color me bemused.

Ooh a butterfly.

noseylittlefarkeraren'tyou

As I said earlier, by the point TPF peaced out -- which, again, I am not faulting them for, it was a respectable decision given where they had stood prior to the war -- it was very clear that NPO was considered a "main" target.

At that point iirc, and I'm up way too early so it's possible this is a mixture of leftover intoxication and lack of sleep talking, there was also a log circulating where Dajobo said he would like (and please don't tell me I'm putting words in his mouth or attempting to misconstrue his words, this is how I read the statement way-back-when and I currently don't have access to the logs) the war to go til February. NSO/NPO/NG would be getting peace following the entire coalition's exit.

This all leads to the conclusion that "we won't fight for !@#$%* causes of !@#$%* people" is, whether intentional or not, Judge X having a complete misunderstanding of the very basic concept of what happened in the last war, Judge X saying "$%&@ NPO," or Judge X saying "$%&@ NPO for having an ally we don't get along with." I'd say option 1 and option 3 are far more likely to be true, but it can be read any way. Personally my bet, after looking at how Judge X has interacted with people since 2011, is that he has no idea what even happened outside of NSO and TPF being involved in the same coalition. Edited by Neo Uruk

Good Luck, I had the pleasure of running into Gorbachov a few weeks back when FAN had their dart board out, I wasn't sure he if grasped the concept of a theme based alliance and knowing when and when not to draw attention to yourself, like sending out unsolicited tech deals offers at unheard of rates.

I did however enjoy the Jordan Belfort style capitalism he embarrassed and wished him well but keep his head down.

Yeah. I have no doubt that Gorbachov is ESL(English as a Second Language), but I don't mind working with the ESL community, in fact they tend to not ask why something is done a certain way as much and tend to accept stuff like tech dealing and growth styles as the norm making rapid growth much easier. As far as politics he will have to choose on his own, we force no one into any set political view.