Impromptu Press Conference

Rush Sykes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think of MKs disbandment and MQ?

Any thoughts on the power struggle between Leet and much of the rest of MK gov?

What do you think of NPOs actions in Eq, both to start the war and how they dealt with their coalition?

Edited by Azaghul

If you had a chance to be on top of one alliance(pick one, any one) and have absolute power to make one change into their base code, what would it be?

P.S. Disbanding is not an answer. Fix something! ;)

This answer would require too much thought, I will give it some and maybe get back to you.

What did you think of MKs disbandment and MQ?

Any thoughts on the power struggle between Leet and much of the rest of MK gov?

What do you think of NPOs actions in Eq, both to start the war and how they dealt with their coalition?

1) The MK disbandment shocked alot of people. Not me. My closeness to so many of your members had me well aware that it was imminent long before it was imminent. The thing that I do find curious, and a bit disappointing, was the disclosure by so many of my MK friends, that MK gov did not want to have to choose between TOP and C&G, and that that was a very real part of the "should we do it or not" discussion. 

2) To be honest, I tried intentionally to stay as far away from that as I could. I considered all parties to be friends, and as such, did not want to take a side. I think Leet felt like he had unfinished business, but there is a place in the pecking order that you give up and have to work to reclaim , when you (OOC) put the game on hold for RL (end OOOC).

3) NPOs actions in EQ, in the end, ended up being about the only actions they could take. The fact is, no matter how any coalition tries to play it or paint it, there is ALWAYS 1 alliance who has to take the coalition by the horns. AI gov was not willing to take the stand, so NPO took it. They ate the fallout for the coalition. They could not win from the get-go. There are far too many people in power, for whom the year on Planet Bob will ALWAYS be 2008, and "hate NPO at all cost" is always the fall back position.

Who is going to save this world from the evil Paradoxian Empire?

Whatever happened to that pink elephant?

1) Nobody needs saved from you. As with any other power structure, your days are numbered. Nobody has to do anything, nobody has to take action, time will do the work. As for the mantle of evil? That is laughable. Your entire community is too stuffy to be evil. The one thing I find the most disappointing about TOP was all the drivel that they wanted to do something different, that being the reason they took the FA path they took. And when all the "different" came to fruition, TOP reverted back to 2008 and the "OMG NPO MUST BE STOPPED"... It wasnt different. So why all the nonsense talk about different? When push came to shove, you fell back on the oldest gambit in Planet Bob History. I will be in my corner yawning and waiting for the new part.

2) While I realize you think you are being cute and clever with that question (you are not). The pink elephant was a metaphor, and it came to fruition. See #1.

We extended a hand of friendship to our historical rival. We've never done anything remotely like that in the past, so that was a huge change for us. Perhaps you misunderstood people when they said we wanted to do something different. Surely you didn't think we had an idea to radically change the nature of this world. That is laughable.

Also, I was being cute and for good reason. You acted as if you had forseen the polar-top treaty before the two alliances had even considered the idea. It's easy to say you've seen something coming after the fact, try and predict something radical before it happens and people might not mock you.

We extended a hand of friendship to our historical rival. We've never done anything remotely like that in the past, so that was a huge change for us. Perhaps you misunderstood people when they said we wanted to do something different. Surely you didn't think we had an idea to radically change the nature of this world. That is laughable.

Also, I was being cute and for good reason. You acted as if you had forseen the polar-top treaty before the two alliances had even considered the idea. It's easy to say you've seen something coming after the fact, try and predict something radical before it happens and people might not mock you.

And you show your short attention span. I never said, nor did I indicate that I had foreseen. I had seen it on about the same time frame everyone else did, I was not special in that regard. The pink elephant was that the purpose of that alliance , regardless of what it may or may not have morphed into now, was a gun pointed at NPO. I was not expecting anyone to radically change anything. But "roll NPO" is not something new. The only thing that was new, was the meatshields to the powerplayers.

Strangely we are, there is a first time for everything I guess.

Now will you answer my question!? How did you talk jgoods into returning finally?

Well, it wasn't Rush who convinced me to come back. It was an impulsive action I undertook while chatting with Skippy on Facebook. Since I've been back, I've started to regret letting my original nation delete during the summer. But now that I'm busy with work again, my free time has been reduced to literally an hour every night (13 hour shifts 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM) and I love sleeping so that takes priority when I get home so my nation just might delete again if I keep forgetting about it :< 

ON TOPIC,

umm

Can I take over as MoFA?~ 

Well, it wasn't Rush who convinced me to come back. It was an impulsive action I undertook while chatting with Skippy on Facebook. Since I've been back, I've started to regret letting my original nation delete during the summer. But now that I'm busy with work again, my free time has been reduced to literally an hour every night (13 hour shifts 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM) and I love sleeping so that takes priority when I get home so my nation just might delete again if I keep forgetting about it :< 

ON TOPIC,

umm

Can I take over as MoFA?~ 

No.

Why am I better then you Rush?

Why does your opinion matter to so many people, even though they mask it through trolling you instead?

#pinkelephants

1) Because you drank milk and ate your vegetables growing up.

2) My opinion really does not "matter" to anyone I do not think. Despite all of the efforts to pain me as a psychotic know-nothing, however, I think my opinion "interests" a great many people, because they know there is more truth than any of them would like to admit in the things that I say.

How is TLRs internal activity of late?

How have the dynamics of a merger affected your internal politics throughout the years?

How would you rate TLRs war performance in the previous war?

1) It's the same as it has always been , and we are ok with it.

2) It really has not at all.. The three of us, when we merged, were quite possibly the 3 most like-minded alliances on Planet Bob.

3) C-.... It could have been so much better, but our ratio was gimped by 5 100K nations who did not fire so much as a CM. War performance is a fine line. Had those 5 nations never existed, we would have been a B or a B+. But its hard to truly gauge when you are constantly outnumbered by such a vast amount.

First let me say that while I generally disagree with nearly everything you say, you are probably the only CnG bigshot I have ever respected around here.

So let me ask you this; what, other than your own community, makes any of this worth doing at this point?

First let me say that while I generally disagree with nearly everything you say, you are probably the only CnG bigshot I have ever respected around here.

So let me ask you this; what, other than your own community, makes any of this worth doing at this point?

This is a question that I can probably only answer AFTER this thread has run its course. As I said earlier, part of my reason for doing this (it really was not attention-whoring as some people like to call it), was to try to have people hearken me back to my days when I cared enough to be involved, so that I may find something today to make me care enough to be involved. So, this thread and what comes of it, will hold the answer to your question.

You would have to be worth the effort. And I really truly mean no offense there, I find nobody worth the effort.. that is the problem.

Well, if you have no interest in destroying me you are too far gone to the lethargy department.

All we need is some spice. A little rivalry around here.