Impromptu Press Conference

Rush Sykes

Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I was sitting around my presidential estates on Dantooine Prime and decided that I need to get myself back in the news, therefore you have all been invited here to ask me any and all questions pertaining the current political situation, future speculation, and general interest on Planet Bob. 

(OOC and tl;dr I was bored and wanted some attention.)

Let the brain picking (in so much as I have one) commence....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Rush. This is US from Sexy Smurf Shradio.

1) Can you comment on the dynamic of ex-MK members in TOP and those sprinkled in the DBDC/NG sphere?

2) Also can you comment on the tension NPO has caused within C&G?

3) How do you feel about the FAN war in general?

4) How does C&G/TLR feel about Kaskus? Can we war soon?

Hi Rush, How r u? Im good ty.

1) Do you miss MK?

2) Would you say TLR has became irrelevant without MK?

3) How do you plan to increase activity in TLR?

4) Since TLR is/was the remnants of several C&G Alliances due to low amounts of activity and people, do you think a merger with ODN and GATO might soon come about? Or do you think ODN and GATO are "too old" to merge and lose their place as two of the oldest alliances?

5) How many government members do you have that come online atleast once a week?

6) do u remember getting rolled by IRON this last war?

7) how did it feel when several alliances you don't like rolled TLR?

8) r u old?

9) do u think TLR will continue to stay or r u guys looking for a merger?

10) please fill in this quote: "Jigga Jigga, call that girl _______!"

Edited by Rotavele

Do TLR support Polardoxia in any future attempts to roll IRONopolis.

At this time, we support nobody but ourselves. If we could have it our way, we would sit and watch them nuke one another to oblivion. Treaties being what they are, we wont be able to do that, so we will plot a course for that contingency if and when it becomes imminent.,

Are you a jacobite or williiamite?  Think carefully as the fate of the entire world rests on your answer.

Jacobite.

Mogar here of MoG[News], what do you think will come of this current war by FAN against UCR, merely a few rounds of war or will it continue to chain out?

It can only chain on one into a FAN stomp. None of FANs unwritten allies are going to defend them on the back of a "we picked your name so we war you nao" choice, and I think FAN is also ok with this.

Hi Rush. What's C&G up to these days?

C&G is assessing the political landscape and looking for new relationships in unexpected places.

How's that Hoveround working for you?

Needs more horsepower.

What's your opinion on maroon politics

Maroon politics like any other color sphere politics is irrelevant.Aside from economic pacts which , in this day and age yield little to no fruit. It is no secret we moved to maroon to fuck with GOD at a point in time where we felt like GOD were a serious political enemy, despite all the uproar it caused, I dont think anyone in maroon still holds a grudge over that. If they do,  I feel more sorry for them than for us, it was all part of political gamesmanship.

Hello Rush. This is US from Sexy Smurf Shradio.

1) Can you comment on the dynamic of ex-MK members in TOP and those sprinkled in the DBDC/NG sphere?

2) Also can you comment on the tension NPO has caused within C&G?

3) How do you feel about the FAN war in general?

4) How does C&G/TLR feel about Kaskus? Can we war soon?

1) The ex-MKers wanted a robustly active community. What I think they didnt want was a too serious community. At the end of the day, a glance down TOPs roster doesnt reveal more than 10 MKers (that I can readily recall.) So their presence in TOP has dwindled as most of them chose the inactivity route.

2) GATO has MDOAP. ODN has an MDOAP. TLR has an MDOAP. What tension?

3) Its FAN, its what they do. They try to mask the fact that they play as pragmatically as every other alliance in what they do, but they fail in regards to the fact that they picked such a tiny target. It just screams, no matter what they say, that they had hoped to find someone not overly well connected so they could rock them for a couple weeks, let them go with no terms, and soak up the "honorableness" in doing that. At the end of the day, if they are enjoying themselves, that is all that matters, I can think of no other group that deserves a smackdown more than that stupid commie microbloc.

4) We dont care about you one way or the other. You know where the declare button is.

Hi Rush, How r u? Im good ty.

1) Do you miss MK?

2) Would you say TLR has became irrelevant without MK?

3) How do you plan to increase activity in TLR?

4) Since TLR is/was the remnants of several C&G Alliances due to low amounts of activity and people, do you think a merger with ODN and GATO might soon come about? Or do you think ODN and GATO are "too old" to merge and lose their place as two of the oldest alliances?

5) How many government members do you have that come online atleast once a week?

6) do u remember getting rolled by IRON this last war?

7) how did it feel when several alliances you don't like rolled TLR?

8) r u old?

9) do u think TLR will continue to stay or r u guys looking for a merger?

10) please fill in this quote: "Jigga Jigga, call that girl _______!"

1) Of course I do. They were the one ally that I felt like I could talk to in open terms. Its no offense to other allies, its that with many of them , I had years long relationships with, so the conversations around Planet Bob and the goings on there, were just different than they were with anyone else.

2) We are no more or less relevant than we have always been. An alliance's relevancy is not a direct function of political capital (that is but 1 facet.)

3) Our inactivity is overrated. We are an older group of people (age wise.) We pretty much swear off forums. We never get more than 7 or 8 members on IRC at once, but at the moment, we have 69 members, and in the last 7 days, 29 of them have been on IRC. I'd match that per capita with all the "highly" active alliances out there. When you are older, IRC becomes a check in, and not a hangout for many people. Here is trivia for you: At the noon stat update today, of all alliances between 60 and 70 members, who has the highest aid slot usage. Now, obviously we are the correct answer or I wouldnt have asked it , but those numbers can fluctuate greatly over a week period. So I will judge us by where we are on a weekly basis, but I am happy with our activity. It is just different activity.

4) We are not going anywhere. The 'TLR is disbanding" nonsense came from one person who left, who we forgot to demask, who came in and read The Corrupt Teacher's bi-annual post on how we should just disband because the planet, and the players suck. The person we improperly demasked then went around sharing this with everyone who would listen, and a few of the mental geniuses on planet Bob bought it, and assumed we were on the way out, as we sat back and laughed about it.

5) The entire gov. Even those of us with figurehead titles (Mandellav, for instance.)

6) I was a peace mode warrior. Because I am a coward , and i Never fight in wars. So I remember nothing.

7) I will assume you mean in EQ.  To be honest, they were mostly (with the exception of Polar) as incompetent as they were painted out to be.

8) depends on your view of old OOC: 43  ... you decide.

9)  We are merging into MK.

10) Just no.

What did you think of the ending to The Last Remnant?

I found TLR to be brutal in terms of the length and difficulty of the fights.

Generally I find endings to be lackluster but TLR had an ending I found comfortable.

were you able to read this and find a coherent thought in it?

You need an understanding of something before you can know what it means, if you don't have that earlier understanding then you will not know. 

I couldn't agree more.  

Back on topic, when tlr hit DoD you stated that there were many possible reasons DoD of all targets was picked, but you wouldn;t comment on what your thinking of those reasons might be.

Care to shed light on why DoD would hae made sense as the target at that time?