Does Promoting Stability Actually Promote Stability?

YOLO SWAG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe in a few years, but trust me, going off about your private agenda in public is no way to accomplish it.

My private agenda is not necessarily related to my media coverage. The Lannister News Network is dedicated to fair and balanced journalism and revealing destabilizing global patterns to the public. Understandably, many alliances would be afraid to accept such a high profile figure because even in victory they are ruled by fear, rather than ambition. However, I am very good at both analysis and government work, and once I am finally accepted into an alliance I can shift my time away from press coverage to working within an alliance.

The idea that I should sit around and do nothing however is preposterous and is equivalent to quitting outright. "Inactivity is Death."

(OOC: In the words of Kanye West: "Who's going to be the Medicci family and let me to create more, or do you wanna marginalize me until Im out of my moment")

Edited by Tywin Lannister

My private agenda is not necessarily related to my media coverage. The Lannister News Network is dedicated to fair and balanced journalism and revealing destabilizing global patterns to the public. Understandably, many alliances would be afraid to accept such a high profile figure because they are ruled by fear, rather than ambition. However, I am very good at both analysis and government work, and once I am finally accepted into an alliance I can shift my time away from press coverage to working within an alliance.

The idea that I should sit around and do nothing however is preposterous and is equivalent to quitting outright. "Inactivity is Death."

(OOC: In the words of Kanye West: "who is going to stand up and allow me to create, or are they going to try and marginalize me until my moment is gone")

Fair and balanced from your perspective is clearly, as evidenced by this thread, not fair and balanced to the majority of CN. Maybe it's the fact that there's never been a news network in CN before save MoG[News] but Mogar was mostly just reporting the news, not offering his perspective on it (iirc). What you are doing is spouting key words like 'Polardoxia' and 'stability' whilst simultaneously building support for the opposition (knowingly or otherwise), by making posts like you have in World Affairs and the OWF.

I'm not saying you should just shut down everything and do nothing, but maybe take yourself out of the spotlight for awhile, a phrase which here means, 'stop posting so many fucking threads'.

How can Tywin Lannister consider himself a proponent of stability when in fact he was a direct and indirect cause of increased instability for an alliance in which he was serving as a second-in-command?

I don't know, Yolo, there is a certain stability in actually managing to unite alliances from all over the treaty web against you if only in one area.

To paraphrase metalbot, "tywin [is] playing diplomacy what was good for tywin, and not necessary good for [others]." He corrupts alliances from within, lies in order to further his own personal agenda, attempts to spread lies and propaganda among nation both old and new, and all in the ironic name of stability. 

Lannister, if you are going to spreading propaganda and lies all over the cyberverse please find another name for it.

Yeah, like "The LNN Onion: CN's Finest News Source"
http://www.theonion.com/

Fair and balanced from your perspective is clearly, as evidenced by this thread, not fair and balanced to the majority of CN. Maybe it's the fact that there's never been a news network in CN before save MoG[News] but Mogar was mostly just reporting the news, not offering his perspective on it (iirc). What you are doing is spouting key words like 'Polardoxia' and 'stability' whilst simultaneously building support for the opposition (knowingly or otherwise), by making posts like you have in World Affairs and the OWF.

I'm not saying you should just shut down everything and do nothing, but maybe take yourself out of the spotlight for awhile, a phrase which here means, 'stop posting so many !@#$@#$ threads'.

This is the fear that I'm talking about that holds many people and even alliances back from their potential. It is a fear that stems from a lack of forward-thinking and vision, because alot of alliance governments are simply content to react to the situation rather than create the situation. My number one goal ever since rerolling was creating situations, rather than reacting to them, and this has created many enemies. This fear existed within high government of the coalition when some alliance leaders were panicking when unexpected situations came up, but they were not unexpected to me. They were simply more challenges to overcome.

What I'm doing through LNN is not just reporting events, but sharing my interpretation of them, and more importantly, sharing vision of the future. Does it build opposition to Polardoxia? Absolutely, and just like every development in the Coalition, it represents an opportunity, rather than something to be feared. So frankly I don't care if people are worried about me creating opposition to Polardoxia because in my opinion that is a good thing.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

This is the fear that I'm talking about that holds many people and even alliances back from their potential. It is a fear that stems from a lack of forward-thinking and vision, because alot of alliance governments are simply content to react to the situation rather than create the situation. My number one goal ever since rerolling was creating situations, rather than reacting to them, and this has created many enemies. This fear existed within high government of the coalition when some alliance leaders were panicking when unexpected situations came up, but they were not unexpected to me. They were simply more challenges to overcome.

What I'm doing through LNN is not just reporting events, but sharing my interpretation of them, and more importantly, sharing vision of the future. Does it build opposition to Polardoxia? Absolutely, and just like every development in the Coalition, it represents an opportunity, rather than something to be feared. So frankly I don't care if people are worried about me creating opposition to Polardoxia because in my opinion that is a good thing.

I'm a creator. I like to engineer not just alliance governments and societies, but also the situation they are in.

So then you admit that you're feigning being on our side while simultaneously attempting to build a coalition against us through your posting, then? You openly state that you like to engineer situations, so I am forced to conclude that your posts are an attempt to bring us down a peg and reinstate the other side, or perhaps some third side with you as the leader.

So then you admit that you're feigning being on our side while simultaneously attempting to build a coalition against us through your posting, then? You openly state that you like to engineer situations, so I am forced to conclude that your posts are an attempt to bring us down a peg and reinstate the other side, or perhaps some third side with you as the leader.

I support Polardoxia because I put in so much work to ensure its success during and before the Disorder War. I think the key elements in Polardoxia are capable of something big if they continue to work together, and as long as the Union holds together, in my belief it will not be defeated. But this means Polardoxia needs to abandon fear of the future and embrace a unifying ideology to succeed. If I didn't think Polardoxia was capable of establishing stability I would be supporting NPO (I am a former NPO member who is disappointed by the decisions they have made since).

Anyone who is a student of Sun Tzu will understand immediately what I am doing.

I support Polardoxia because I put in so much work to ensure its success during and before the Disorder War. I think the key elements in Polardoxia are capable of something big if they continue to work together, and as long as the Union holds together, in my belief it will not be defeated. But this means Polardoxia needs to abandon fear of the future and embrace a unifying ideology to succeed. If I didn't think Polardoxia was capable of establishing stability I would be supporting NPO (I am a former NPO member who is disappointed by the decisions they have made since).

Anyone who is a student of Sun Tzu will understand immediately what I am doing.

I'm not entirely convinced of what you're doing. You could be genuine, and actually trying to help (albeit failing miserably). Alternatively, you could be as I suggested previously, and trying to get another power into power. Or you could be working some third angle which I am fairly confident I understand, though not confident enough to state it openly. If you genuinely want Polardoxia to succeed, you will stop with these Fox News-style posts and do something a little less abrasive to the community as a whole. Otherwise, I will be forced to conclude that you are actually working against us, to your own end.

I'm not entirely convinced of what you're doing. You could be genuine, and actually trying to help (albeit failing miserably). Alternatively, you could be as I suggested previously, and trying to get another power into power. Or you could be working some third angle which I am fairly confident I understand, though not confident enough to state it openly. If you genuinely want Polardoxia to succeed, you will stop with these Fox News-style posts and do something a little less abrasive to the community as a whole. Otherwise, I will be forced to conclude that you are actually working against us, to your own end.

All men work to their own ends, and this is something I recognize. Polardoxia will either succeed completely or fail utterly. If it is unworthy, then yes another power will take its place. If it succeeds, it will usher in a period of peace and prosperity that hasn't been seen in over half a decade. This is the revolution, and its success will be determined by the unyielding efforts of those who support its aim, overtly or otherwise.

Merger, Tywinn isn't building a coalition against us. We're all united in our dislike and he has in fact promoted stability - a world united in contempt for all things Tywinn 

Besides, none of us use the term Polardoxia, therefore nobody will even assume he is referring to us when he goes all fan girl

I support Polardoxia because I put in so much work to ensure its success during and before the Disorder War. 

Our victory was all because of you - great hero of every event in CN history

Merger, Tywinn isn't building a coalition against us. We're all united in our dislike and he has in fact promoted stability - a world united in contempt for all things Tywinn 

Besides, none of us use the term Polardoxia, therefore nobody will even assume he is referring to us when he goes all fan girl

Our victory was all because of you - great hero of every event in CN history

Thank you, Starfox, I was getting a little concerned there for a moment :war:

You show those instability mongering neanderthals! I can't believe you guys are so freaking dumb that you can't even understand what Tywin is offering you - you don't deserve it, honestly.

No worry, since I can't find them I will be happy to define it for you when I have time.

Please don't do that, I'll query them to you.

On second thought, head over to the Kashmir forums. That will be easier. Anyone interested in the way we do things in Kashmir is invited as well. Edited by YOLO SWAG