Does Promoting Stability Actually Promote Stability?

YOLO SWAG

A6Wxk3e.png

Good evening, and welcome to a YOLOZEERA exclusive.

The Soul of Man under Stability

For those of us daft enough to check the Open World Forums, there has been an increasing influx of propaganda disguised as a revolution, as an education program, and the most egregious disguise, journalism. Since Junkalunka's reroll as Tywin Lannister (a fact he will not have you forget), he has been on a campaign of lies regarding his past and the present to further an agenda that he claims supports stability. Playing off the fuzzy memories of old prominent cybernation rulers, the falsification and blatant creation of false statistics and fictional stories, Lannister has crafted a narrative compelling to new nation rulers and ridiculous to old rulers. In the early stages of the Disorder War an alliance leader, in its conclusion a ruler without a passport, Lannister has isolated himself from both sides of the treaty web by being a nuisance to everyone. Regardless of the facts and the situation Lannister has found himself, he still feels as though his cause is, to use another one of his terms, righteous. 

Tywin Lannister's first political move was ascending the ranks of House Baratheon to the position of Hand of the King. Shortly after he was removed for the position for, to quote metalbot the Master of Arms for The Seven Kingdoms known at the time as House Baratheon, "trolling" and "running a lot of FA stuff that seemed shady." metalbot goes on to say that once being removed from the position of Hand, Lannister initiated a Vote of No Cofidence against his King. (The logs of this conversation can be found in the spoiler.) How can Tywin Lannister consider himself a proponent of stability when in fact he was a direct and indirect cause of increased instability for an alliance in which he was serving as a second-in-command?

[spoiler]

00:47 yolo Can you shed some light on why he was removed? Or maybe what reason he gave for leaving?
00:47 metalbot he wouldn't stop trolling on OWF
00:47 metalbot and was running a lot of FA stuff that seemed shady
00:47 metalbot but it was mostly an image thing that was become distracting for us
00:48 yolo I see. Yeah, the OWF doesn't seem to like Tywin's posts and he has been seen as the voice of HB.
00:48 yolo But what exactly do you mean by shady?
00:49 metalbot tywin was playing diplomacy what was good for tywin, and not necessary good for HB or our allies
00:49 metalbot and there was a lack of communication from him about what was being said to whom
00:50 metalbot i'm sure some lucky alliance will scoop him right up
00:51 metalbot when i say that we wish him well, i mean that sincerely
00:51 yolo Was he removed or did he resign?
00:51 metalbot he was removed
00:51 yolo Yes, it seems he's applying to MI6.
00:52 metalbot he was not happy about being removed, and he's telling half a story about what led up to that
00:52 metalbot but water under the bridge. i hope he finds a good home and can go back to doing what he likes to do
00:53 yolo I wouldn't mind hearing the rest of the story, if you feel like telling it.
00:53 yolo It'd make the story clearer, we know how Tywin can be quite the propagandist. 
00:54 metalbot i resigned from government and basically said i wouldn't work with tywin anymore, because he broke commitments he made to me personally
00:55 metalbot Kess fired Tywin, and I resumed my post. Tywin then attempted to call a Vote of No Confidence on Kess
00:55 metalbot and then withdrew the vote when he realized he was going to get 0 votes
00:56 metalbot then a couple days later he joined MI6
00:57 metalbot the whole process pretty much validated in everyone's minds that we clearly did the right thing
00:57 metalbot but again, no ill will. he's a smart guy, pretty talented in working with people for FA
00:57 metalbot just not a good match for us as an alliance
00:58 yolo I'm sure. It seems like he just wasn't a good fit for you guys.
00:58 yolo Exactly.
00:58 yolo What personal commitments did he break if you don't mind me asking? Why so vague?
00:58 metalbot he promised to stop posting !@#$ on OWF until the entire war was over
01:00 metalbot i was pretty upset by the !@#$-stirring early on.
01:01 metalbot we want to be known as an alliance that will stand by its allies and fight wars because our friends go to war
01:02 metalbot not for OWF trolling
01:02 yolo Was you asking him to stop trolling/posting on the owf something that the rest of HB gov wanted or was it you acting alone?
01:02 metalbot no - that was clear from Kess as well
01:03 metalbot and a couple other gov members went !@#$% over some of his posts to the point of quitting as well
01:03 metalbot point of *almost quitting
01:04 yolo and then Kess stepped in and removed Tywin to prevent the rest of his gov from abdicating
01:04 metalbot i don't know if the rest of the gov would have abdicated
01:04 yolo but a number of the gov?
01:05 metalbot well, nobody (including Kess) wanted Tywin in government anymore

01:05 metalbot so firing him was pretty easy once there were clear internal consequences to his actions
01:06 yolo But before leaving to apply to MI6, Tywin attempted to get Kess removed as King?
01:07 metalbot yes, then withdrew the request for a no confidence vote a couple hours later
01:07 yolo I'm unfamiliar with your charter, but was that also a bid for control of the alliance?
01:08 metalbot well, i think he was under the impression that the other Hand would have become king and kept him as hand
01:09 metalbot then he accused me of making a power play by resigning
01:10 metalbot apparently not aware that i've been offered the crown once and the hand position 3 times  
01:11 metalbot it was ugly, but ugly enough to convince everyone we're made the right choice
01:11 metalbot tywin can go back to trolling OWF
01:12 metalbot and hopefully he finds an alliance that he'll fit into well
01:13 yolo Can you give me an example of the shady FA activities Tywin was getting into?
01:14 metalbot i'd rather not go into those. it just felt like he was making commitments that weren't really commitments
01:14 metalbot and they seemed to be pissing people off
01:14 yolo people inside of HB or the people he was making false commitments to?
01:14 metalbot externally
01:15 metalbot internally he was fine. fun guy to hang out with when he's not making a political speech about the superiority of monarchy
01:16 metalbot but i think when he joined us, he assumed that we were all playing the game of thrones and sought world domination
01:16 metalbot and that's not who we are as an alliance
01:22 yolo So he was making promises to alliances in the Polar coalition in order to make a name for himself or get in with the perceived new hegemony?
01:22 yolo or he was lying to allies for the same purpose
01:22 metalbot i don't know. something just felt shady.
01:22 metalbot and our allies seemed relieved that he was gone.[/spoiler]

How exactly did Lannister rise to power? By lying about past achievements with his involvement with alliances like Vox Populi, and the New Sith Order. In regards to Lannister's lies regarding Vox, Starfox101 said this,

Oh no, you credited Tywinn with involvement in Vox. You've opened Pandora's box and continued to feed one of the biggest lies ever.

Even the highly praised "Polardoxia" the name given to a sphere and which you will find repeated again and again in Lannister's drivel, are in reality annoyed with his interpretation of their politics and comment thus.

mi6 is now soliciting offers from all of tywins spheres to make his posts stop

sos

for the love of Johan stop saying polardoxia.   :psyduck:

You try way to hard to paint everyone as an enemy of ours

One of the experts of stability, through past and present alliance affiliation according to Lannister, had this to say regarding one of Lannister's many propaganda pieces.

Literally every post is you trying to stir the pot bro

New nation rulers are corrupted by Lannister, as made evident by the recent blog post by Loki Laufeyson titled, I Have Been a FoolIn which he blames his admitted mistakes in navigating Planet Bob's politics on, you guessed it, Lannister. There is not an act Lannister makes that is not in the complete opposite direction of stability. To paraphrase metalbot, "tywin [is] playing diplomacy what was good for tywin, and not necessary good for [others]." He corrupts alliances from within, lies in order to further his own personal agenda, attempts to spread lies and propaganda among nation both old and new, and all in the ironic name of stability. 

Lannister, if you are going to spreading propaganda and lies all over the cyberverse please find another name for it. Edited by YOLO SWAG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to much stability brings stagnation, which is bad. Although I think your first mistake is taking him to seriously, I think he's just trying to have fun and bring some more life into this often times dull world, even if there isn't a strong purpose to it. While some of the positions he takes are borderline insane, he does provide some parody type entertainment value with some of his threads. If you consider the 'news' program he is parody the name of with the Lannister Factor, its not exactly known for its accurate and non-biased reporting.

Even if he was the overly ambition member who nobody trusted with to much power in FCC, he was still a member and the FCC was a Libertarian alliance. He is doing an alright job parodying authoritarians if we already have threads trying to give serious answers to these catch phrases.

Edited by Methrage

I think to much stability brings stagnation, which is bad. Although I think your first mistake is taking him to seriously, I think he's just trying to have fun and bring some more life into this often times dull world, even if there isn't a strong purpose to it. While some of the positions he takes are borderline insane, he does provide some parody type entertainment value with some of his threads. If you consider the 'news' program he is parody the name of with the Lannister Factor, its not exactly known for its accurate and non-biased reporting.

Even if he was the overly ambition member who nobody trusted with to much power in FCC, he was still a member and the FCC was a Libertarian alliance. He is doing an alright job parodying authoritarians if we already have threads trying to give serious answers to these catch phrases.

You input too much serious thought here, Methrage. 

This ain't serious, boo.

This ain't serious, boo.

I guess this is what I get for responding after just reading the thread title mostly, although I said if just in case it wasn't. Using terminology like that I can't be wrong either way. :P

Nice smear piece. Love the misattributed quotes and empty allegations. Exactly what Id expect from someone opposed to stability.

No really -

We all want you to stop.

I think if my work merits this type of libel, I am definitely doing the "right thing." The only thing accurate in the article was some of the stuff in the logs; metalbot and I are friends but we did have much different political philosophies and FA desires which did lead to conflict.

Your deceitful and leading questions, misattributed quotes (some of which were not even addressed to me!), false assertions truly defines yellow journalism far beyond my entertainment and analytical based columns.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

To be fair to Tywin, I never attributed any of my mistakes to his influence. We are no longer on the same path, he will not follow my path and I will not follow his, and therefore I can't associate with him anymore. My mistakes, actions, words, and beliefs are mine and mine alone. The only thing I faulted him in that blog with was turning his back on me when I needed his assistance and support, which goes back to us being on two different paths.

After following him all these months and him turning his back on me I felt betrayed, which is why I made that blog.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson