There is no real difference between an OAODP and a MnDOAP.

If we're talking about its on-paper value, there's only one real difference: defense is totally mandatory in the event that one party or the other gets hit to kick off a war, optional otherwise.

But norms are norms, and consequently almost everyone -- from the holders of MnDoAPs to the peanut gallery --  interpret them as being stronger even in situations where the text suggests they are not. As an Optional Treaty Truther myself in a past life, I feel you but really that battle has been lost a dozen times over.

There is no real difference between an ODAP and a MnDOAP.

But congratulations.

Probably true for most of CN, either with a lack of commitment in Mn's or alternatively a level of commitment in Od's.

congrats on the upgrade.

There are a lot of people out there who said it couldn't be done. There was no way it was going to happen, it was madness to even try.

But tonight, they have been proved wrong. From the point when it mooted by both parties, Sengoku managed to pass a treaty in a shade under six months. A new record, and a proud day.

Great to see you active and in government again, Schad. Been missing your unique sense of humor :D

Congrats!

If we're talking about its on-paper value, there's only one real difference: defense is totally mandatory in the event that one party or the other gets hit to kick off a war, optional otherwise.

But norms are norms, and consequently almost everyone -- from the holders of MnDoAPs to the peanut gallery --  interpret them as being stronger even in situations where the text suggests they are not. As an Optional Treaty Truther myself in a past life, I feel you but really that battle has been lost a dozen times over.

Is not everything requiring the exercise of free will optional in its own special way?

Congrats!

Is not everything requiring the exercise of free will optional in its own special way?

Trust me, it's not optional. Should we choose not to honor it (and DoD hasn't had a collective traumatic brain injury...) , I'm walking around our home base in the nude. Nobody wants to see that.

clothing is optional.

I'm glad to find out a reduction to the absurd is what passes for edgy here these days, I'm going to have so much fun.

Edited by Auctor

There are a lot of people out there who said it couldn't be done. There was no way it was going to happen, it was madness to even try.

But tonight, they have been proved wrong. From the point when it mooted by both parties, Sengoku managed to pass a treaty in a shade under six months. A new record, and a proud day. 

Imagine how DoD feels, as a result.

Glad to be with you guys in DoD.

Yay us etc.

Congrats!

You have the wrong people. We do not have free will, we are mere extensions of the will of the God Emperor. 

congrats on the upgrade.

Great to see you active and in government again, Schad. Been missing your unique sense of humor :D

The siren song of mild influence in a minor player in a dying world was irresistible, despite my best efforts.

• 2 weeks later...