Blogs and You!

Kzoppistan

I've never catered to an audience in writing my blog, just a kind of random juxtaposition of thoughts and articles that suited my chaotic fancy. I even usually avoid CN related topics due to so much of it everywhere. I just usually post beer reviews. In fact, I'm incredibly drunk right now, drink Dirty Bastard Ale it's awesome. But that aside, the tool is surprisingly versatile.
So I started to wonder, what would people be really interested, CN wise, to see in blog content?

Humorous content? Propaganda Pics? Discussion of current events? Non CN stuff? What?

Personally, I like analytical content, leadership type literature, both a meta and intimate consideration of current events. ECt.

The blogs are actually a great platform for current leaders of big alliances to popularize their stances, I'm surprised it's not used more for this.

I've never catered to an audience in writing my blog, just a kind of random juxtaposition of thoughts and articles that suited my chaotic fancy. I even usually avoid CN related topics due to so much of it everywhere. I just usually post beer reviews. In fact, I'm incredibly drunk right now, drink Dirty !@#$%^& Ale it's awesome. But that aside, the tool is surprisingly versatile.
So I started to wonder, what would people be really interested, CN wise, to see in blog content?

Humorous content? Propaganda Pics? Discussion of current events? Non CN stuff? What?

Personally, I like analytical content, leadership type literature, both a meta and intimate consideration of current events. ECt.

The blogs are actually a great platform for current leaders of big alliances to popularize their stances, I'm surprised it's not used more for this.

Blog about me. :P

Why? What do you offer to the general public?

Nothing: I'm a woman who simply enjoys Cyber Nations. I'm not involved in politics or serious discussion centered around a random conspiracy plot. I write in color encrypted text, gregariously message friends and frequently update my forum avatar.  Why not? :P

Nothing: I'm a woman who simply enjoys Cyber Nations. I'm not involved in politics or serious discussion centered around a random conspiracy plot. I write in color encrypted text, gregariously message friends and frequently update my forum avatar.  Why not? :P

Hmm, compelling, but I need more. Just something a little more... exciting, evocative, something that would draw people to click on the blog title link. Something that would inspire some creative destruction, er, I mean, construction. You can go that extra mile of inspiration. I know it. Edited by Kzoppistan

I find CN blogs rather useless.  Only the last 5 are displayed on the home page, so discussion is severely limited because no one goes back to blogs after they drop off the front page.  When the rare serious blog is posted, it is invariably and inevitably knocked off the first page almost immediately by 5 blogs about such topics as "things in my back yard" or "colors that my poop has been" that some dumbasses think anyone wants to read about.

Non-CN dumb things can be posted in the water cooler, non-CN serious things can be posted in the boiler room.  Individuals with opinions can post them in World Affairs, alliances with something to say can post them in alliance politics, Open World Forum is fine for meta-discussion.  Blogs are useless.

Edited by Schattenmann

Schatt, you wound me, "colors that my poop has been" was a great success towards working out that "one" issue my therapist assured me.

Hmm, that said, you said a good point that blogs are a bit redundant in the facets you mention.

But, I do hasten to add one point that those can't do, that has been largely neglected by most except by, perhaps, Delta, that the blog adds a sense of personal closeness to the thoughts of those you admire. The only personal websites I've ever followed were by those of proven status who are relaying their personal thoughts.

But we see no blogs by, say, Brehon, or, wait, is he still head of NPO?... ok, damn it, I'm showing my out of dateness, but my point is that people crave the words of the successful. Again, that is why I am surprised more leaders don't use the blogs as their own personal platform.

Of course, perhaps I'm a revolutionary in that sense and should run the world on the basis of that somewhat evolutionary fact, but I don't, and it still stands that some people (like, say, you), could use it more for what it is currently utilized for.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Why? What do you offer to the general public?

A new exactly styled like RV posting gimmick

You'll be wise to note that Rebel Virginia has named me his spiritual successor, Malkavian. This is a formal cease and desist. Edited by Neo Uruk

One thing Schatt did was represent a strong minority. That was why even though people derided him, there was a strong, if minor (or major considering each time period), force that supported him. Cliche if it may be, Schatt has the "common touch" in that he not only understood his demographic but operated within it. What ever personal reasons for seeking the limelight, it was greatly supported by a supplemental drive by those he represented to do so as well.
Just something to think about.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I find CN blogs rather useless.  Only the last 5 are displayed on the home page, so discussion is severely limited because no one goes back to blogs after they drop off the front page.  When the rare serious blog is posted, it is invariably and inevitably knocked off the first page almost immediately by 5 blogs about such topics as "things in my back yard" or "colors that my poop has been" that some dumbasses think anyone wants to read about.

Non-CN dumb things can be posted in the water cooler, non-CN serious things can be posted in the boiler room.  Individuals with opinions can post them in World Affairs, alliances with something to say can post them in alliance politics, Open World Forum is fine for meta-discussion.  Blogs are useless.

After my own heart.