An Imperial Decree

Rayvon

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see your beating is over NSO. You fought well and hopefully you can learn to be a bit more nicer.

Your grammar hurts my eyes. But your sentiment is still lost. What's there to be nicer about :>

Having the enemy surrender to you upon defeat is not "waving your dick around".  It is the enemy acknowledging defeat.  if you do white peace then it can be argued later who won and who lost.  By having a surrender you record the event so that it cannot be argued later.

Having your enemy surrender to you upon completion of a war is not a dick move.  Get over yourself.  There were no terms other than "surrender", stop trying to play this up like some huge travesty.  There wasn't even a forced apology.

I don't think there's any question to the outcome, there's no need to fuel further issues here while resolving one. 

There were no terms for us other than what you see in the OP, you make it sound like I argued them down to what is presented here.

It might be the formatting but the whole strung out admission of defeat came off as a bit too, rubbing it in your face. Idk, maybe thats just me being weird on that one.

Congratz all on peace

Edited by Dcrews

I don't think there's any question to the outcome, there's no need to fuel further issues here while resolving one. 

There were no terms for us other than what you see in the OP, you make it sound like I argued them down to what is presented here.

I know there were no other terms for you other than "surrender".  Your posts so far here have seemed to me you whining about having to surrender instead of just white peace.  I'm saying that since the only terms you had were to surrender, this is so close to a white peace that I just don't see why people would go for "white peace" instead of just "surrender", since at this point its just words.

It sounds like people are trying to get cute with language here.

Your posts so far here have seemed to me you whining about having to surrender instead of just white peace.

Or he just noted that Fark was being cool about it since they really just wanted to help their allies and didn't have a real reason to attack us outside of that.

It sounded good. I was hopeful, as well. Then, as I read the rest of this thread, I realize that some people are still mad and just won't get over it, even after fighting a major war with eachother.

When you guys are still keeping some of their allies at war who came to their assistance or trying to impose terms on them, it doesn't seem you guys are trying very hard to put all the grudges to rest. If you use them to get to their allies, they don't really have much to be grateful for. Giving some of the alliances on the other side peace so those you want to place terms on can be focused on isn't merciful, but just focusing your priorities. 

I know there were no other terms for you other than "surrender".  Your posts so far here have seemed to me you whining about having to surrender instead of just white peace.  I'm saying that since the only terms you had were to surrender, this is so close to a white peace that I just don't see why people would go for "white peace" instead of just "surrender", since at this point its just words.

Are you talking about yourself in that last line? I really like your reasoning: why go with the simplest, most common-sense explanation when you can make up some theory or another? It's peace. We're happy, they're happy, why aren't you?

I speak for myself but I think I could name at least a few who would agree with me... But the grudge was a thing and then it wasn't. This war would have been appropriate over the summer but when it came it was kind of a "Lol" moment.

Anyway congrats on peace for all of us I did enjoy the fighting.

And the grudge was never a thing at all for many of us.

A heartfelt thank you to our allies for coming to our defense. And to my brothers within NSO, for fighting so well in spite of the odds, o7

We're over it. Stop beating the drums with reasons we could hold a grudge. We fought, and now we've all (or at least most of us) got it out of our system.

"Just because we have won victory, we must never relax our vigilance against the frenzied plots for revenge by the imperialists and their running dogs. Whoever relaxes vigilance will disarm himself politically and land himself in a passive position."

If you are sincerely willing to forge the sword into the plow, I encourage you to join the Party. From there, misconceptions can be buried and healing brought about.

Excellent. I've always wanted to re-read Vlad's old essays in a tiny font on a dark-red background. It ain't real unless your eyes are bleeding.

Is it that bad? The Party will begin work to fix it immediately! We welcome you to join and share in our energy and united purpose!

It might be the formatting but the whole strung out admission of defeat came off as a bit too, rubbing it in your face. Idk, maybe thats just me being weird on that one.

Congratz all on peace

Strung out? They were concise and breif. They won, we admit it.

I don't know why you're trying to stir shit in this thread. These fronts are closed, go take your pettiness to your own fronts.

I wrote the drafts as they sit, Dajobo and Centurius confirmed them. 905 offered the re-write for the Fark treatise and i pasted it verbatim. There was nothing further to this.

There's nothing to drag out here, nothing for you to dig your hands in to.

Or he just noted that Fark was being cool about it since they really just wanted to help their allies and didn't have a real reason to attack us outside of that.

An agreement was struck that all parties can live with and it ended in peace with terms that were extremely light.

I don't see the point of going out of your way to say that you only went to war with someone over treaty obligations.  Isn't that why the majority of those fighting wars here are fighting for?  Treaty obligations and defending/fighting for their friends?

Its essentially a few smug people trying to say how they're better than you because they adhere to their treaties.  As if such behavior isn't the norm.  Thats all I'm saying.  The cheap shots are noted.

An agreement was struck that all parties can live with and it ended in peace with terms that were extremely light.

I don't see the point of going out of your way to say that you only went to war with someone over treaty obligations.  Isn't that why the majority of those fighting wars here are fighting for?  Treaty obligations and defending/fighting for their friends?

Its essentially a few smug people trying to say how they're better than you because they adhere to their treaties.  As if such behavior isn't the norm.  Thats all I'm saying.  The cheap shots are noted.

And I don't see the point in them asking for a surrender over white peace if a victory over the alliance wasn't what they were after. As you said before, they are just words. No need to get hung up on it one way or the other.

Why would you want to force a surrender if you were only in it for treaties? The cheap shots are noted.

Why would you want to force a surrender if you were only in it for treaties? The cheap shots are noted.

Surrender was necessary to show the futility of neo-imperialist thought. Without a proper admission of defeat, you would not have a formal reason to reconsider your policies. Whether you actually do so is of your own imperative.

You are underestimating the power of apathy.

I have no idea where you are getting that from.  I think it's just the typical spin from from your sphere.  The fact of the matter is your just trying to create more bad blood here.  You have no desire to move on and get over your grudges.  Fark and NpO on the other hand seems to want to move past them and you know what - we are, in turn, willing to shake hands and move on as well.

See one thing that is lost is the fact that you act like you are never ever ever going to lose a war in the future.  The one constant in CN is exactly the opposite.  We all eventually lose great wars.  That's why being gracious in victory is wise and it's something that you are losing in the sheer glee of the nerd-moment of winning a great war.  NG knows first hand in the past with our pre-empts during Dave how that can hurt a future alliance's image.  We still have alliances that dislike us because of that.  Now TOP/Umbrella/VE/DoD are being completely ungracious in victory.  And while you can pull the "might makes right" line right now, eventually it catches up to you.  XX did a far superior job of moving past old issues and I'm happy if this is the case.  As I'm a bit tired of the NpO-NG and NpO-NSO back and forth anyway.

Edited by Steve Buscemi