An Imperial Decree

Rayvon

Of course, they were planning a war against us and calling for war as well, for years. We brought the war to them. But, you already know this. So, why do you even attempt to use the "They warred us - we will hold a grudge" argument in this situation?

Besides, it's not as if Polar didn't take any licks this war. As far as I care to recall, we have taken the most damage in our coalition. What ever happened to mutual respect earned on the battlefield? Honestly, I would hold no ill will to NSO in future dealings if we were extended the same. That seems unlikely though, and I guess we will end up with the same boring arguments. We also issued no surrender terms to NSO. Would they have done the same to us if their coalition plans had gone through?

Noone on our side has asked for surrender terms in offensive war's we've won in 3 year.  Why would we start now?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounded good. I was hopeful, as well. Then, as I read the rest of this thread, I realize that some people are still mad and just won't get over it, even after fighting a major war with eachother.

See you soon, I guess. Even in a peace thread, this guy is already posturing for the next war. Looks counter-productive.

Get over yourself, that was a response to Tywin. The italicizing of 'party' was to visually imply a double entendre of sorts towards the ROP. 

And the dick comment was towards the lack of surrenders in the thread that Caliph was complaining about. Again, get over yourself.

Edited by Rayvon

It sounded good. I was hopeful, as well. Then, as I read the rest of this thread, I realize that some people are still mad and just won't get over it, even after fighting a major war with eachother.

See you soon, I guess. Even in a peace thread, this guy is already posturing for the next war. Looks counter-productive.

Get a grip. People like you making dumb shit posts are the reason this war was even a thing

Get over yourself, that was a response to Tywin. The italicizing of 'party' was to visually imply a double entendre of sorts towards the ROP. 

Generally even a child learns after touching the burner for the first time.

"In history, as elsewhere, fools rush in, and the angels may perhaps be forgiven if rather than tread in those treacherous paths they tread upon the fools instead."

GR Elton

Get a grip. People like you making dumb !@#$ posts are the reason this war was even a thing

This makes little to no sense, and this grudge precedes the both of us.

Noone on our side has asked for surrender terms in offensive war's we've won in 3 year.  Why would we start now?

Fair enough.

And the dick comment was towards the lack of surrenders in the thread that Caliph was complaining about. Again, get over yourself.

Okay. So I am mistaken in assuming the grudge is not dead, then? 

Really, as Dajobo said, I think this is a chapter we all should put behind us. 

This makes little to no sense, and this grudge precedes the both of us.

Fair enough.

Rubbing it in and making it a front and center issue, right in the god damn peace thread while you chase boogeymen and make baseless accusations about my words certainly isn't a good place to go about making sure any do stay in the past ...

The grudge would die it people stopped poking it.  It's like a scab.  You pick it and it gets infected.

Just leave it to heal and go off and start baiting someone else.  Like whomever TOP are going to be getting you to fight next war.

Rubbing it in and making it a front and center issue, right in the god damn peace thread while you chase boogeymen and make baseless accusations about my words certainly isn't a good place to go about making sure any do stay in the past ...

Nothing I have said was inflammatory. Rather, it was an incorrect assumption on my part that you were referencing us with those statements, though you have cleared that up to me in our PM's. If something as small as that is enough to kick up a grudge tempest, then we are going to have some trying times in the months ahead with what is on the horizon. 

Cheers. 

The grudge would die it people stopped poking it.  It's like a scab.  You pick it and it gets infected.

Just leave it to heal and go off and start baiting someone else.  Like whomever TOP are going to be getting you to fight next war.

Heh, well, war makes things more entertaining. I just hope TOP comes up with some plans quick before we go into radio silence around here again.  :smug:

Would have thought the war ended with NSO peacing out. Would have thought the war would end with the alliance that originally warranted an attack. Although, I would not be surprised about some dishonesty about the reason for the war to begin with due to the opportunities of hurting bigger alliances with NG and NPO as much as possible.

Would have thought the war ended with NSO peacing out. Would have thought the war would end with the alliance that originally warranted an attack. Although, I would not be surprised about some dishonesty about the reason for the war to begin with due to the opportunities of hurting bigger alliances with NG and NPO as much as possible.

You act as if war and stability operations don't evolve as circumstances develop. The scientific approach is not to narrowly restrict oneself to one course of action, but rather, to adapt and overcome each developing obstacle.

I speak for myself but I think I could name at least a few who would agree with me... But the grudge was a thing and then it wasn't. This war would have been appropriate over the summer but when it came it was kind of a "Lol" moment.

Anyway congrats on peace for all of us I did enjoy the fighting.

Not everyone needs to wave around their dick to prove they were a part of the winning side of the war, sometimes the history books are good enough.

Having the enemy surrender to you upon defeat is not "waving your dick around".  It is the enemy acknowledging defeat.  if you do white peace then it can be argued later who won and who lost.  By having a surrender you record the event so that it cannot be argued later.

Having your enemy surrender to you upon completion of a war is not a dick move.  Get over yourself.  There were no terms other than "surrender", stop trying to play this up like some huge travesty.  There wasn't even a forced apology.

Edited by Caliph