A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

Umbrella wasn't totally innocent, Caliph is just playing the role of the public. You guys needed a reason for war and we gave you one because we wanted the war too. By technicalities, sure we were attacking Puppets, but the war needed to happen. I assume even you should know this all by now given some of your member's relationships with ours. 

Fair enough.  Just seemed like an odd commentary on a bygone war.

Fine, you win the thread.

Edited by ChairmanHal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality? You mean the one where NSO has taken more than a million NS more damage than they inflicted? The one where NSO loses yet another war? Krash is not smug, he just is mate.

Almost like we were dogpiled and will readily admit that we have to work on some standards in the post-war.

With all due respect, I'm not sure how you saw Umbrella attempting to fill Puppet's defensive slots without even consulting Ai as something that would be anything but a provocative move.  For that matter, why would a "rogue" run 'gather intelligence' missions on nations that there was no way he was going to be in the range of by the time someone slipped up and blew stagger some weeks later and allowed him to escape and regroup?

Even if Umbrella was totally innocent, those circumstances alone  bought you a war.  No question people were looking for a match to light the gasoline, but you looked guilty and pretty much handed EQ a whole pack of them.

As for the end of that war, it's true that Ai was nearing the point of having shot its bolt in the upper tier.  Many of us had been up declaring and been down declared upon for weeks. It's also true that your coalition's middle and lower tiers were as badly shot up as AI's upper tier and I recall at the time saying that upper tiers don't win wars and being scoffed at by members of the opposing coalition.  The war was a victory for EQ and one that went beyond a simple marginal one.  Was it as decisive as it could have been?  Of course not.

I'm not saying we were  "innocent", I'm saying we had our view and attacked puppets and were outdamaging AI on Puppets until AI declared war on us and we were blitzed.  I'm not faulting you for that, you wanted that war, we wanted that war, so we had a big ol war.  We gave you a reason, and you took it.  That war was not about Puppets, if we hadn't taken his slots you would've found or we would've given you another chance not long after that.  Until a war happened. 

I'm saying the war was going to happen, Puppets just happened to be a convinient CB for it.  My point isn't that Umbrella was attacked by some big ol meanies, it was that the war was never about Puppets and you would've found a reason for war sooner or later.  It just played out that we gave you a reason sooner rather than later.

Edited by Caliph

I'm not saying we were  "innocent", I'm saying we had our view and attacked puppets and were outdamaging AI on Puppets until AI declared war on us and we were blitzed.  I'm not faulting you for that, you wanted that war, we wanted that war, so we had a big ol war.  We gave you a reason, and you took it.  That war was not about Puppets, if we hadn't taken his slots you would've found or we would've given you another chance not long after that.  Until a war happened. 

I'm saying the war was going to happen, Puppets just happened to be a convinient CB for it.  My point isn't that Umbrella was attacked by some big ol meanies, it was that the war was never about Puppets and you would've found a reason for war sooner or later.  It just played out that we gave you a reason sooner rather than later.

We didn't just have a big ol war, we were the eye of the motherfarking hurricane.   ;)

People who played politics on the fringes of that war will never understand what it was like.

I knew exactly what I was doing when I hit Puppets and so did you :P

Yep...fun war too, but by the end I think we were all getting a bit nauseous from the radiation "treatments".

I have an insatiable appetite for awfulness, so this thread must go on.

Come on, people, that's not how you beat a dead horse.  Put your back into it and tell us that you're right and about that time that something happened that might be relevant to that point that you're making that others may agree or disagree with.  That'll do it.

Edited by Luckao

This is partly true.  Many people wanted a peice of us, but it took Duckroll and NPO to organize it.  Nobody wanted to do the heavy lifting required until Duckroll stepped up.  You owe them a debt of gratitude for their sacrifice in that war.  

Just as Umbrella's long "rule" was possible only thanks to DuckRoll and (to a lesser extent) NPO. So no, maybe not that huge debt of gratitude :P

Just as Umbrella's long "rule" was possible only thanks to DuckRoll and (to a lesser extent) NPO. So no, maybe not that huge debt of gratitude :P

I can think of very few with less to do with DH and its run on top of Bob than those two.