A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

Just because you keep saying it and thinking it, well, that won't make it come true.

I wouldn't call it a PR disaster, but I might say it is irrelevant. Other than to give the reythegreat's, rotaveles, et al- something to do on a sunday afternoon I fail to comprehend what this thread actually set out to accomplish.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how all the "stop your whining posts" come from Mi6. The alliance that started the war with all that damage and then cried to their allies that no one else was pulling their weight. Not only do they acquiesce that the OP is correct but they are also poetic justice.

I wouldn't call it a PR disaster, but I might say it is irrelevant. Other than to give the reythegreat's, rotaveles, et al- something to do on a sunday afternoon I fail to comprehend what this thread actually set out to accomplish.

The fact that you're trying to downplay the purpose behind this thread tells me that we've already done plenty of good. But just to throw you a bone, here's one of the many reasons for doing this: you and your coalition insists that Pacifica is forcing her allies to remain at war. In fact, you continue to do so in this very thread. We wanted to make clear, for the sake of our allies, that it's untrue.

I love how all the "stop your whining posts" come from Mi6. The alliance that started the war with all that damage and then cried to their allies that no one else was pulling their weight. Not only do they acquiesce that the OP is correct but they are also poetic justice.

The opinion of membership in a freedom loving democracy doesnt represent the views of the alliance formally. As Hand some in MI6 lambasted me but I never took it poorly. Groupthink is not prevalent in Polar coalition, apparently unlike yours.

The opinion of membership in a freedom loving democracy doesnt represent the views of the alliance formally. As Hand some in MI6 lambasted me but I never took it poorly. Groupthink is not prevalent in Polar coalition, apparently unlike yours.

Sorry I wasn't aware that everyone came to the conclusion of "stop your whining" without the aid of group think. It makes it much more impressive.

that's what every thread sets out to accomplish, irrelevant of the intentions, you could argue there's no point to anything we do on this world, it doesn't make us any more willing to agree to the color of the sky with those who are our opponents. (I would like to believe it'd be a dark green today.)

The fact that you're trying to downplay the purpose behind this thread tells me that we've already done plenty of good. But just to throw you a bone, here's one of the many reasons for doing this: you and your coalition insists that Pacifica is forcing her allies to remain at war. In fact, you continue to do so in this very thread. We wanted to make clear, for the sake of our allies, that it's untrue.

I have been told it's the harsh terms I am trying to enact on you.

that's what every thread sets out to accomplish, irrelevant of the intentions, you could argue there's no point to anything we do on this world, it doesn't make us any more willing to agree to the color of the sky with those who are our opponents. (I would like to believe it'd be a dark green today.)

I would argue that threads are set out to get a barometer for where people stand on both sides of the issue.

Valhalla clearly screwed over their coalition. There is no doubt to that. 

Not only did you not nuke NPO, and allow them to have more of a nuclear armament against their other "enemies" (i.e. your allies and coalition mates). They had basically legal war slot fillers as the damage done by Valhalla nations who declared but were not using nukes was negligible. So instead of them down-declaring on 3 enemies and then being down-declared on by 3 enemies, they were only down declared by 2 and a Valhallan nation, or in some cases just 1 and 2 valhalla nations. That clearly gave them the advantage long term. 

From any perspective it is clear that only NPO gained from the non-nuclear deal in the long term. 

Yet when you run the numbers to date...

Total offensive wars declared on NPO and defensive wars involving NPO: NpO - 1179, GOONS - 532, Valhalla - 391, Mi6 - 359, Invicta - 221, Legion 194, Sparta - 126, TOP - 123, CCC - 62, CIN -12

Total offensive wars declared against NPO: NpO - 392, GOONS - 390, Valhalla - 261, Mi6 - 183, Invicta - 159, Sparta - 126, Legion - 121, TOP - 55, CCC - 26, CIN -10.

Sorry, however you are trying to spin this, at the end of the day, the effort has been there, despite the fact that most all of Valhalla's upper tier was benched for lack of targets through the vast majority of this conflict.

I would argue that threads are set out to get a barometer for where people stand on both sides of the issue.

I think it's to make it more uncomfortable for some of their coalition mates to leave a conflict that they never really wanted into in the first place.

Which is why this thread is a PR disaster for NPO in my opinion. The bombastic language of the OP has done a great job in removing any doubt that was in the coalition about the necessity of terms.

Yet when you run the numbers to date...

Total offensive wars declared on NPO and defensive wars involving NPO: NpO - 1179, GOONS - 532, Valhalla - 391, Mi6 - 359, Invicta - 221, Legion 194, Sparta - 126, TOP - 123, CCC - 62, CIN -12

Total offensive wars declared against NPO: NpO - 392, GOONS - 390, Valhalla - 261, Mi6 - 183, Invicta - 159, Sparta - 126, Legion - 121, TOP - 55, CCC - 26, CIN -10.

Sorry, however you are trying to spin this, at the end of the day, the effort has been there, despite the fact that most all of Valhalla's upper tier was benched for lack of targets through the vast majority of this conflict.

You've missed the point entirely. Yes, you guy are declaring but those wars don't do as much damage per war as the other nuclear wars do.  

Which is why this thread is a PR disaster for NPO in my opinion. The bombastic language of the OP has done a great job in removing any doubt that was in the coalition about the necessity of terms.

The only people who think this a PR disaster are those pushing an agenda or morons.  Or both in your case.  Ironic as you are a walking PR disaster.   

I love how all these posts are coming from mi6. :)

You're free to continue bashing MI6 now that you've the revelation that Tywin isn't actually a member though.

No one noticed. :P

And to think I was going to invite you all for a cup of tea.  :( 

Edited by IYIyTh

The only people who think this a PR disaster are those pushing an agenda or morons.  Or both in your case.  Ironic as you are a walking PR disaster.

Seems to me theres are several possible motives for Farrin to post this.

1. Farrin genuinely cares about PR, in which case this thread failed in it's objective.

2. Farrin is worried about his allies peacing out, and despite the overt message is shaming anyone thinking of leaving, which just reveals self centeredness.

3. Farrin just wanted people to have something interesting to read on a sunday, in which case he succeeded.

Maybe because it's obvious to anyone rational that NPO is being a crybaby and holding up peace?

That was pretty much my conclusion after reading it. I haven't been super observant as far as politics is concerned since about... mid-November, and I've just heard tidbits here and there from alliance mates, but I'm not an idiot. I can read between the lines well enough to see what is really being said. 

Edit: stuff

Edited by KahlanRahl

You're free to continue bashing MI6 now that you've the revelation that Tywin isn't actually a member though.

No one noticed. :P

And to think I was going to invite you all for a cup of tea.  :( 

You know how it is. Your members bash my ally. I gotta bash your members. etc. 

You know how it is. Your members bash my ally. I gotta bash your members. etc. 

But what if you bash MI6 for things non members say? :(

You're breaking my heart, Shinra :P