Could someone please help clear up some of my issues with tech farming?

cherob

So this is my first tech trade. The deal is i get sent $2 million and buy the sender 100 tech.

As i understand i buy the farmer 50 tech and send it to them in ten days when the aid slot opens up again. I then buy 50 more tech and send it ten days later again (20 days after original payment)

I have already bought the first 50 tech with the money sent and it cost $859,970 . Am i right in thinking that once i send this tech to the farmer when i come to buy another 50 tech it will cost me $859,970 again (as my tech level will go back to 0?). This is assuming i don't get any '%- tech costs' bonuses in the next 10 days.

If what i have said above is true is it possible to spend my profits from the transaction which i work out to be $280,060 ($2 million - (2x $859,970)) right now to buy the infra and harbour which i desparately need to join a trade guild - as i think that if i wait until i have bought the last 50 tech in 10 days to spend my profits, i will be replace with someone else.

Yep you've got it right. Just make sure you buy the 50 tech right after you send out the current batch that way if you undestimated the price a little you can use your collections for the next 10 days to get all the needed tech.

-Veritas

By the way, there are players that will pay 3 million for 100 Tech.
Many.

In fact, one of those members is posting... right... now... :P

You're getting ripped off with that deal, bud. Next time you want to get in a deal, send me a PM and I can get you in a deal that'll give you $3,000,000 for 100 tech - we pay the cash up front. Same goes for any of you who want to do a deal like that - we need more small nations!