CN Hungry Games

CubaQuerida

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xp can be disabled, but it hardly qualifies as do farming, since it will all be real damage incurred. As to strength ranges, most likely under 50k, 50-80k, 80-110k, 110-140k, and 140+. Anything substantially under 50k is going to be too hard to manage.

Lux why are you hijacking my thread (and concept)?

I can totally see people tweaking their nations to 79,500 NS, etc. right before the games start, like boxers making weight. Would be cool.

So it shall be, as Lux has decreed!

Fiat Lux

But hey Lux, protip, when you come in all half-cocked and unaware and bull-in-a-china-shop, let alone doing all this in somebody else's thread about their own idea, your community stock takes on a bit of a tarnish.  The energy and interest are great, goodness knows this game needs an infusion, but try to bend in the wind a bit, get the feel of the place.

No, I'm in the process of clearing all the technical hurdles with the powers that be regarding intra-alliance warring/spying etc, as well as potential solutions to the NS-range issues and XP-gain.  In all honesty, this would be a terrific case for extremely valid XP gathering, even if it is within your own 'alliance'.   This thread is useful for finding loopholes, contingencies, worst-case scenarios so keep em coming.

In TE, Admin (or at least the mods) allowed me to run gladiator games where we were all in one alliance and we declared a full matrix on each other.  I'm guessing they'll allow it here, too but as said in a previous post, this would be more fun in TE.  If you do decide to port this to TE, please sign me up.

If the same alliance AA is the problem, then why not have each alliance send tributes to a separate AA. Tribute 1, Tribute 2, or Tribute GPA, Tribute WTF and so on so that each participant can garner all the great things that come with war time experience. Slightly harder to coordinate, but modern capabilities seem able to deal with the extra work generating spreadsheets and so on.

If the same alliance AA is the problem, then why not have each alliance send tributes to a separate AA. Tribute 1, Tribute 2, or Tribute GPA, Tribute WTF and so on so that each participant can garner all the great things that come with war time experience. Slightly harder to coordinate, but modern capabilities seem able to deal with the extra work generating spreadsheets and so on.

I assure you we've completed much more complicated spreadsheets during the past two wars.  This will be a walk in the park to coordinate and track.  Only thing we can't do is the fancy 3-d projections and magic dogs, though perhaps we can 'release the GOONS' if things stall out.

Day          % received by tribute

1                                50

2                                33

3                                25

4                                20

8                                10

11                               5

20                               1

Sponsoring.  It costs more to aid tributes in the games.  So if you wanted to give a tribute 6 million on the second day, you send 18 million to that tributes coach.  The tribute then receives 6 million.

Your knowledge of the aid system is flawed.  Massively.

o.k., are you thinking 1 player can't send 18 million?  Because that is true.  What I am saying is it will take more than one player to get 6 million to a player in less than 10 days.

Yes, but nations aren't going to waste their slots in order to do this.

I think I may have missed a beat, what is this chart capturing, exactly?

Plus the fact that you can't send nations aid like that.  They have 10 day aid cycles.

For a moment I wondered if that's what was meant, but figured "surely, that cannot be."

Whoops.

I think the rich ones might bet on the winners.  They have the money to do this.

Leaving aside the view (which I share) that nations would be...reluctant to bet in this manner, I'm curious how the payoff would be handled.  Would you see having odds, for example?