Hi

It says here:
http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Tanks

Purchase cost = Soldier cost * 40

For my nation right now;

Soldiers Costs To Buy $40.64

However;

Tanks Costs Per Unit To Buy $2,752.80

So instead of being 40 times soldier cost, they are (more than) 67 times soldier cost.

I'm not sure when this started happening, but either the documentation regarding tank cost is incorrect, or something is goofing up the calculation itself. I think it's quite likely that the WRC is acting as a double-multiplier in this case which is causing the issue.

Thanks. Edited by Starcraftmazter

I think this is what you're missing, buy less tanks if you think it is too much or decom the WRC. 

• Weapons Research Complex - $150,000,000 - Increases the technology bonus to damage from 0.01% to 0.02% per technology level, Increases the number of nukes that can be purchased per day to 2, hurts environment by +1, Increases the purchase costs of all military by 0.01% per technology level. Requires 8,500 infrastructure, 2,000 technology, National Research Lab, Pentagon Wonder.
Edited by Commander shepard

I already brought this problem up.  One day my tank costs randomly jumped by 100%, without me changing a single thing on my nation.  Full tanks had cost me 20 million before and then they jumped up to 40 million with no update or change in anything.  And to anyone telling me it had always been this way, no it hasn't, I've played this game long enough and fought in enough wars to know how much my stuff costs when I go to buy it.  Something changed in something either by accident or on purpose and we weren't notified of it.

Doesn't address the problem outlined in the OP.

But then there is problem with all the military units not documented by how a WRC increases the cost.

It is basic knowledge what the WRC does, you should have read about it when you bought it. 

But then there is problem with all the military units not documented by how a WRC increases the cost.
It is basic knowledge what the WRC does, you should have read about it when you bought it.

That's a completely different story. Do you understand the principle of double taxation? The exact same thing is applied to tanks currently, and it is not applied to any other military unit in the game.

Doesn't address the problem outlined in the OP.

Oh, I see what you mean now...  WRC cost increases should be proportional between soldiers and tanks, so it should still be 40x difference between the two.

I just did a quick check on my nation, and I've got $8.93/soldier vs. $305.57/tank, which is 34.2x the cost.  Which is interesting, because it's almost exactly half of your multiplier (67.7).

Oh, I see what you mean now...  WRC cost increases should be proportional between soldiers and tanks, so it should still be 40x difference between the two.

I just did a quick check on my nation, and I've got $8.93/soldier vs. $305.57/tank, which is 34.2x the cost.  Which is interesting, because it's almost exactly half of your multiplier (67.7).

Yeh, it seems to be different for everyone, so there's clearly something wrong with the calculations.

That's a completely different story. Do you understand the principle of double taxation? The exact same thing is applied to tanks currently, and it is not applied to any other military unit in the game.

That's because no other military units are directly related to another type of military unit.

In fact you should actually be paying more for your tanks according my calculations if it was to increase by 0.01% per a tech level unless there is some factor that I missed. 

Weird. 

Factory - $150,000.00 - Decreases cost of missiles -5%, decreases tank cost -10%, reduces initial infrastructure purchase cost -8%.

My initial thought is that perhaps the effect of your factories isn't being taken into account for your tank cost (10% x 5 factories = 50% reduction).

The only other difference that sticks out at me is that you don't have lead, which lowers tank purchase costs by 8%.

Soldiers cost me 12.16

Tanks cost me 850.32

(12.16 * 40) * (( 0.01 * 28002.01 ) /100 ) * 0.92 * 0.5 = 626.53

Soldiers times 40 times WRC minus lead and iron minus factories should be something other than 850.32

Even assuming double tapping the WRC...it is fubar.

His nation still has factories.

I was talking about this.

It is quite clear he removed his factories and didn't realize what they did. 

I already brought this problem up.  One day my tank costs randomly jumped by 100%, without me changing a single thing on my nation.  Full tanks had cost me 20 million before and then they jumped up to 40 million with no update or change in anything.  And to anyone telling me it had always been this way, no it hasn't, I've played this game long enough and fought in enough wars to know how much my stuff costs when I go to buy it.  Something changed in something either by accident or on purpose and we weren't notified of it.

I think this is what you're missing, buy less tanks if you think it is too much or decom the WRC. 

I was talking about this.

It is quite clear he removed his factories and didn't realize what they did. 

Are you kidding me? 

Current Citizens 357,834 working citizens
Improvements Purchased 80
Improvement Slots Available 277

Under no circumstance would I EVER delete my factories.  I haven't deleted factories in my entire nation's existence, don't try to chalk this up to a mistake I didn't make.  I have zero reason to delete any improvements besides GC and LCs to collect.
Edited by o ya baby

Are you kidding me? 

Current Citizens 357,834 working citizens
Improvements Purchased 80
Improvement Slots Available 277

Under no circumstance would I EVER delete my factories.  I haven't deleted factories in my entire nation's existence, don't try to chalk this up to my own mistake.  I have zero reason to delete any improvements besides GC and LCs to collect.

How much do you pay for soldiers and tanks now?

Soldiers cost $15.11, tanks cost $1426.24.  Nearly 100 times more.

Edit: just for you, I deleted factories.  Here's my tank cost now. 2852.48.  Soldiers still $15.11. 188 times as expensive.

Edited by o ya baby

Soldiers cost $15.11, tanks cost $1426.24.  Nearly 100 times more.

Edit: just for you, I deleted factories.  Here's my tank cost now. 2852.48.  Soldiers still $15.11. 188 times as expensive.

What did you change since the last time you posted your thread about it?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/119093-tank-cost-ridiculously-high/?hl=%2Btanks+%2Bcost

What did you change since the last time you posted your thread about it?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/119093-tank-cost-ridiculously-high/?hl=%2Btanks+%2Bcost

Changed trade circles, and that's it.  The ratio remains ridiculous, it has actually gotten worse with more tech that I've gotten.  The only other thing that has changed is my technology level.

Edited by o ya baby

Changed trade circles, and that's it.  The ratio remains ridiculous, it has actually gotten worse with more tech that I've gotten.  The only other thing that has changed is my technology level.

Well in any case you made the best of it, you reduced the cost by half  by only changing trade circles.

Well in any case you made the best of it, you reduced the cost by half  by only changing trade circles.

It shouldn't, though: his current circle doesn't include any discounts for tank purchases.