Umbrella Arrogance Once Again

Derwood1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality here is... the opinions expressed by Umbrella members are only as relevant as their present position in the alliance. For example, if those are the words of Daikos, they are much more indicative of a path and prevailing attitude going forward. Whereas if they are the words of say.. Silver Empress... they are passing opinions of a detached member. Everything has perspective, so without knowing the specific who's of these statements, they really do not mean all that much at all. But they are fun to read nonethelesss.

The reality here is... the opinions expressed by Umbrella members are only as relevant as their present position in the alliance. For example, if those are the words of Daikos, they are much more indicative of a path and prevailing attitude going forward. Whereas if they are the words of say.. Silver Empress... they are passing opinions of a detached member. Everything has perspective, so without knowing the specific who's of these statements, they really do not mean all that much at all. But they are fun to read nonethelesss.

Doesn't this apply to just about every alliance though, save for government-less ones like LSF?

What also needs to be remembered is just because someone is govt and shares an opinion on something, doesnt mean it is damning. As government I discussed quite a few subjects that I never actually acted upon. A govt position does not mean the individual should be scrutinized in everything he or she says.

In my opinion unless an opinion is actionably oriented (I.e. we should do X against Y) it is irrelevant from an FA perspective.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

All joke posts about reasons to install viceroys for our allies are dearly important no matter the author.

Seriously, did we touch you as a boy or something?  I don't get the obsession.

It must be your hypnotic eyes.

BTW I hope NG enjoys my next blog post on arrogance.

I will wait with bated breath.

Also, I'm shocked, shocked that someone thinks a great statesman like Azaghul is strange.

The OWF needs more threads like this, they are just fun and interesting, no matter the alliance. I like to log onto threads like this for the few minutes of entertainment I receive from it, it's worth it. There's not enough people that contribute to make Bob a more entertaining place.