The secrets out.

Zoot Zoot

So as I am well aware that this thread is being expected by everybody I may as well explain why it comes a day later that it was planned.

Yesterday I became very close to being homeless, and if it was not for the kindness of a stranger who had only met me that morning, I would be homeless from the 23rd of January. But I managed to get a house and crisis was averted, but I wasn't in any frame of mind to put CNRP actions before my real life situation, so whilst i apologize for being late, people will just have to live with it.

So, onto the matter at hand, Im going to spell this out in black and white so there is no mistake in what is going to happen.

I have a list with 15 names on it, this list represents 60% of the active CNRP community.

The purpose of this list is simple, it is a declaration, a statement of how its going to be from this post onwards, and that declaration/statement is this.

From this post onwards, those named on this list, myself included, will no longer be recognizing any role play conducted by Centurius and Triyun. This will only include Athens and Tianxia and the satellite optionally recognized states that Triyun operates. They will be ignored, any posts they make will not be responded to by anybody on this list.

Any repercussions against our CNRP states by Athens/Tianxia/satellite states will be ignored and business will carry on as usual.

In short, they will no longer exist in our CNRP canon. As a result of this, Their RP becomes the alternative role play with the majority of the community ignoring their nations. Because of that fact, Lynneth will be removing their nations and protectorates from the map and believe me when i say this, but I have seen the map without them on it, and it looks beautiful.

Now we come to the reasons.

We feel that Cent and Triyun rule CNRP, and people feel that whilst they hold this dominating position in the community, that we cannot progress. We hold them mainly responsibly for the stagnation of the roleplay due to the oppressive terms they impose on people, the continual cycle of war and bullying, (the latter more so from Triyun than Cent, let me be clear on that).

Removing both of these nations ICly is out of the question, people no longer feel that they can remove them by force of arms, even if this list was a coalition of nations to war Athens and Tianxia, we would not win, and we know that we won't win. So the only option left is an OOC option, and that is to just ignore everything Athens and Tianxia do until either something changes, or they re-roll as new nations.

CNRP has become their game, and we feel that we no longer control our freedom to RP whatever we want to RP any longer and so this is what we have been pushed to.

I fully understand the severity of this declaration and its potential to cause more harm than good, as does everybody else on the list, but its a step we are willing to take.

Let me also be clear, this is not an attempt to force them out of this community, but it is a step we are taking to force them to change their attitudes and their behaviors towards the rest of us and a step to remove them from the map, so they have no choice but to start from scratch elsewhere in the world. We do NOT want them to leave, but Tianxia and Athens need to cease existing, and now, to 15 people of this community, they no longer do and we are happy to add more names to this list to further make our point.

To Triyun and Cent, I hope, that even if this does fail and falls to pieces around our feet, that you understand why we have done this and you take on board at just how your RP style affects more than half of this community in a negative manner. On a personal note, I have the utmost respect for the both of you equally, as much as, in particular myself and Triyun argue a lot, there is no malicious intent or feeling as I write this, simply a strong hope that this action we are undertaking succeeds in one form or another.

Here is the list of players that support this motion and if anybody else wishes to join this movement, just say so in this thread.

There is no negotiation or discussion further to be had on the matter from our side of the table. The ball is in your court gentlemen and ladies of the undecided factor of the community and you make the decision to join the movement or to not join the movement based on what you feel is the right thing to do.

Zoot Zoot
Lynneth
KaiserMelech
Curristan
Tidybowlman
Lkfht
Markus Wilding
Aggressive nutmeg
iKrolm
Mogar
Presidentdavid
IamThey
Scofield
Padraig Rua
Generalissimo

dotCom

Edited by Zoot Zoot

In short, they will no longer exist in our CNRP canon. As a result of this, Their RP becomes the alternative role play with the majority of the community ignoring their nations. Because of that fact, Lynneth will be removing their nations and protectorates from the map and believe me when i say this, but I have seen the map without them on it, and it looks beautiful.

Not going to say much, apart from that you cannot ban players from the map. Thus, in effect yours is actually the alternative.

Semantics aside, good luck.

Despite your best attempts to look professional it is nothing else but the proverbial kid taking its ball and going home. Likewise I couldn't say I was surprised Lynneth would again participate in some scheme to abuse his mapmaking position. 

Unlike yourselves I will continue to recognize you and your nations, likewise I will continue to consider myself and Triyun part of the main canon until a mod forces me out of this. You fired the first shots, the fight is on.

Not going to say much, apart from that you cannot ban players from the map. Thus, in effect yours is actually the alternative.

Semantics aside, good luck.

The map is OOC territory.  You cannot force anyone out of the game, that is true, but if the majority of people don't want to play with them, then that is very telling.

We are not banning them from the map. We are just no longer recognizing Tianxia and Athens. With them becoming the minority, they become the alternative, that is why lynneth will remove them from the map at some point over the next few days to see how this pans out.

Banning them would imply that we want them out of the community, and that is not the case, but this method is the only method left of removing what is essentially a stranglehold over the CNRP community.

i won't be posting any further in this thread unless i need to answer a question if anybody isn't clear on anything.

-just seen Cents reply.

This isn't a fight mate, take it how you will, but this isn't a fight in any way, shape or form, this is just what it is. You don't have to accept that to understand that it is still going to happen.

You know, I've had my clashes with Triyun and Centurius both, South Africa marked the lowest of the low point in my haggling with the former.

My personal opinions on land-owning aside, I don't think this is the appropriate course of action, and only be successful in just driving this community into a deeper divide.

Whoa bro, I told you I was going to think about it for 48 hours and then tell you and that I wouldn't say anything to anyone about it. I don't recall telling you anything about me going either way and neither have I spoken to anyone else about this. Please remove my name from the list. I will revisit this subject and make my mind up when I'm not a walking zombie from working overnights.

Anyhow, I really hope this discussion can be a civil one, let's keep it cool and allow decency to prevail.

The map is OOC territory.  You cannot force anyone out of the game, that is true, but if the majority of people don't want to play with them, then that is very telling.

It is telling. But this does not alter the basic rules of the RP. You can't just kick two people out and pretent nothing happened. If things are bad, fix them. Not just close your eyes and pretent it does not exist. And you can already see the awkward situation of this, if you look at how the map just split.

Given I was not going to be "ignored", how am I to tread this? Seemingly, both continuities for some reason assume I'm in there, which obviously won't work, especially given that I got certain obligations to uphold and cannot in good faith ignore that others ignore a country with such essential importance to Japan. If you split it, make it clean. Otherwise, all my RP from now on would not make any sense any longer.

Overall, I agree with shammy, that there could surely be a better way to address this, that does not just deepen the divide. This measure, I'll be frank, is immature, not properly thought out and has so many faults I don't even know what to make of these 16 people. Partly, I have high levels of respect of them, but this is just... This cannot work out.

It is telling. But this does not alter the basic rules of the RP. You can't just kick two people out and pretent nothing happened. If things are bad, fix them. Not just close your eyes and pretent it does not exist. And you can already see the awkward situation of this, if you look at how the map just split.

Given this is a made up imaginary world, I'd suspect you will find that is people want to pretend nothing happened, they'll find a means of doing so.

Given I was not going to be "ignored", how am I to tread this? Seemingly, both continuities for some reason assume I'm in there, which obviously won't work, especially given that I got certain obligations to uphold and cannot in good faith ignore that others ignore a country with such essential importance to Japan. If you split it, make it clean. Otherwise, all my RP from now on would not make any sense any longer.

Tread it the best way you can I guess. If you want to rp with tri/cent you are free to do so and likewise if the others don't want to acknowledge tri/cent in a made up imaginary world, it is their choice.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this, I mentioned earlier I'm still thinking about it, and I'm doing just that. However, again, I'll point out to you that we are by choice participating in a game involving an imaginary world. If people want to take that a step farther and imagine two others don't exist in an imaginary world, that's their choice.

Overall, I agree with shammy, that there could surely be a better way to address this, that does not just deepen the divide. This measure, I'll be frank, is immature, not properly thought out and has so many faults I don't even know what to make of these 16 people. Partly, I have high levels of respect of them, but this is just... This cannot work out.

I personally think the whole thing will be fine. I just don't know if I agree with this or not yet. Need to think on it a bit more.

Given this is a made up imaginary world, I'd suspect you will find that is people want to pretend nothing happened, they'll find a means of doing so.

Then it starts to become some kind of double-think. Honestly, no issue with the people per se, but I rather keep my integrity as a person in one timeline. Regardless of how many people in this timeline I might not really agree with, I've got ties here, which to cut I'm not going to do.

I support this, but mainly for Triyun. We are not banning them, they can still reroll.

We had the discussion once, when PD wanted us all to reroll. In the end, it went nowhere and I'd think we can all agree that it is Triyun that makes Tianxia strong, not Tianxia that makes Triyun strong. To say "they can still reroll." looks to me like missing the point of this thread, which clearly tries to deal with the issue on a more permanent basis.

We had the discussion once, when PD wanted us all to reroll. In the end, it went nowhere and I'd think we can all agree that it is Triyun that makes Tianxia strong, not Tianxia that makes Triyun strong. To say "they can still reroll." looks to me like missing the point of this thread, which clearly tries to deal with the issue on a more permanent basis.

Fine then. I dont have a problem if he doesnt come back.

This is disgusting I hope this is dealt with shortly.

I support this simply because of the inability of Triyun to actually admit his IC behavior is in any way a problem, I do not enjoy seeing people's months or years of hard work erased with no ability to keep or even modify whatever storyline they had been working on, I do not believe this is the best solution by any means, and I am hopeful this thread will at least force CNRP to solve the numerous issues that currently exist.

I'm beginning to suspect my motivations for joining this (good-intentioned and sympathetic) movement are incompatible with the nature of CNRP. I was approaching the issue from a perspective that simply doesn't work given the way CNRP is, which I'd rather accept without acrimony than flip a massive !@#$ over it and try to change CNRP to fit that perspective.. And it is without acrimony, I hope I'm not seen as bitterly 'accepting defeat' or anything. I've been given reasoning that leads me to figure I'm attacking an entirely different issue than the one here, so I might as well just have my name struck from the list.

Hopefully these issues can be resolved in a fashion that leads to a 'better CNRP'-- whatever the actual people of CNRP think is a better CNRP. :v

Edited by dotCom

I'm beginning to suspect my motivations for joining this (good-intentioned and sympathetic) movement are incompatible with the nature of CNRP. I was approaching the issue from a perspective that simply doesn't work given the way CNRP is, which I'd rather accept without acrimony than flip a massive !@#$ over it and try to change CNRP to fit that perspective.. And it is without acrimony, I hope I'm not seen as bitterly 'accepting defeat' or anything. I've been given reasoning that leads me to figure I'm attacking an entirely different issue than the one here, so I might as well just have my name struck from the list.

Hopefully these issues can be resolved in a fashion that leads to a 'better CNRP'-- whatever the actual people of CNRP think is a better CNRP. :v

No hard feelings.

I am much in agreement with dotCom. After following the discussion in #cnrp, I have decided that a) Some of my grievances with Triyun and Cent are somewhat fictitious and imaginary stemming from sympathy with other players, and b) the idea of "splitting" cnrp is foolish, it has happened before, and the outcome has been the split falling into inactivity and despair. All that this would really accomplish is isolating ourselves from the active minority of cnrp (let's be honest, a lot of us that have signed up to this aren't that active [or maybe I'm projecting my own inactivity onto others...]). I support Melech's idea much more.

I'm insulted. First, I've nuked people for no reason. I've committed genocide (ICly), I've subjugated an entire continent, I've launched wars for unjust reasons, and I've bullied countless of nations. Yet, I'm not on that least to be ignored/swiped/forced to reroll or whatever. Honestly, I've done more harm than cent and triyun could ever do. This little petition is based purely on jealousy. If you can't beat'em..just take a ball and go home.

This is the problem with CNRP today.