Declaration of War from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They counter-offered white peace. If you just walk away from negotiations at that point, that's on you. If they walk away at a counter, that's on them.

So far, ball's in your court it would seem.

No, it really isn't.  NPO can easily afford a real offer of merit.  It's not our coalition's problem if they are not interested enough in peace to do so.

They counter-offered white peace. If you just walk away from negotiations at that point, that's on you. If they walk away at a counter, that's on them.So far, ball's in your court it would seem.

Let's say I wanted to charge 100 bucks for a sith holocron you need to survive. Lets say you want to be like Farrin and offer $0. "Let me take that off your hands" you say.

What do you think I would say to you?

Here's how I see it, they can stay in PM and let you rebuild, or they can stay in PM and continue damaging you more than you're damaging them. Apparently they currently see more value in keeping you from rebuilding as well.

No, it really isn't.  NPO can easily afford a real offer of merit.  It's not our coalition's problem if they are not interested enough in peace to do so.

Here's the thing: your coalition has fucked up to the point where you can't make extreme demands. White peace is a fitting counter-offer in the scenario, you'll have to make some pretty minor demands to get a win.

Here's the thing: your coalition has $%&@ed up to the point where you can't make extreme demands. White peace is a fitting counter-offer in the scenario, you'll have to make some pretty minor demands to get a win.

I'm unconvinced of that personally. Your evidence we discussed was not concrete enough to determine coalition instability. I am confident this coalition will be able to wage war for a long while.

Here's the thing: your coalition has $%&@ed up to the point where you can't make extreme demands. White peace is a fitting counter-offer in the scenario, you'll have to make some pretty minor demands to get a win.

Raw defiance goes nowhere in negotiations, you might recall the tale of the former Gramlins alliance's ill fated attempt.  It's even more difficult when it is not merely your own nations on the line.

They counter-offered white peace. If you just walk away from negotiations at that point, that's on you. If they walk away at a counter, that's on them.

So far, ball's in your court it would seem.

The ball has rolled off the playing surface, somewhere in the vicinity of the net, with both parties alternating between glancing at it and each other. Meanwhile, the ball shows the first signs of developing a new mossy exterior. 

The ball has rolled off the playing surface, somewhere in the vicinity of the net, with both parties alternating between glancing at it and each other. Meanwhile, the ball shows the first signs of developing a new mossy exterior. 

Honestly I think at this point the ball has developed a flat surface.   :mellow:

Raw defiance goes nowhere in negotiations, you might recall the tale of the former Gramlins alliance's ill fated attempt.  It's even more difficult when it is not merely your own nations on the line.

I recall the Gramlins. There are quite a few differences, however.

Honestly Tywin, this is really one of your more sadder arguments; although I will say I find it is amusing nonetheless.

Also I really do hope your sides coalition isn't dumb enough to let you represent them in any real peace talks.   :mellow:

By no means does he, nor did he when he was actually government in a participating alliance. :)

Why is NPO being singled out for really harsh terms again? They push for white peace in the last war, so now they are being punished for it? If this is how the response is when NPO tries to change from how they were pre-Karma, where rather than being treated how they treat others, they get treated much worse; than it seems there are those holding influential positions who are doing everything they can make sure the days of overly harsh terms after every war remain.

The message I'm getting loud and clear from the NpO side is don't ever do white peace, unless its to your benefit to scheme a few more months, then hit the enemy again with really bad terms. Seems the nice gesture of white peace when coming from NPO certainly isn't recognized.

After seeing how the white peace backfired on NPO, even I'm starting to rethink how I feel about white peace. When battling men of honor, you can end it without gouging each other's eyes out or killing everyone you fought, because honorable men can recognize a good gesture and won't seek out another battle just to prove they will be less merciful if they win. Savages however, can only understand force.

I will note that I never claimed to represent the coalition officially, not even to Steve Buscemi. I merely offer my analysis to interested parties, and on the OWF. My opinion is founded on material analysis and enhanced by prior coalition government participation, and not being government does not revoke my opinions nor my vision.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Why is NPO being singled out for really harsh terms again? They push for white peace in the last war, so now they are being punished for it? If this is how the response is when NPO tries to change from how they were pre-Karma, where rather than being treated how they treat others, they get treated much worse; than it seems there are those holding influential positions who are doing everything they can make sure the days of overly harsh terms after every war remain.

The message I'm getting loud and clear from the NpO side is don't ever do white peace, unless its to your benefit to scheme a few more months, then hit the enemy again with really bad terms. Seems the nice gesture of white peace when coming from NPO certainly isn't recognized.

After seeing how the white peace backfired on NPO, even I'm starting to rethink how I feel about white peace. When battling men of honor, you can end it without gouging each other's eyes out or killing everyone you fought, because honorable men can recognize a good gesture and won't seek out another battle just to prove they will be less merciful if they win. Savages however, can only understand force.

Aaaaaaaaaand thread.