CCC Formal DoW (again)

I should have reduced my quote of you down, it was the response to Jesse I was referring. Every word out of your mouth is some sort of excuse as to why your numbers are lower. As a couple others have recently said, I'm not saying anything negative about your alliance's performance - I'm talking about what you're saying.

NSO sit's just fine under my leadership, I don't know what it is you're trying to get at.

An excuse is generally given to cover up something. Everything I stated was a fact, and in defense of something that is still very impressive. Of course, to you, everything that comes out of someone's mouth is automatically the most sinister comment, with a secret political agenda. Step back into reality and accept things at face value. I've done nothing but complement NPO's war effort, and yet, you still found something that upsets you. Not everyone's position is the same, and as such cannot be compared. That is no excuse.

Generally, getting your alliance attacked to kick off a major war as a result of a failed coalition, and a lackluster war effort would earn you a poor leader tag, such as someone like Vincent Xander. If you consider yourself a success, I guess standards are dropping in CN.

65% of our alliance is now below 12k NS, so it makes sense that the majority of our wars would now be in that NS range.

I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but I didn't claim that NpO is poor at war.

I simply stated some facts about how many wars each of us has declared on the other in response to a post expressing frustration about incorrectly accusing us of hiding in peace mode. If we've declared twice as many wars on you than you've declared on us, then your lack of wars on us can't be from us hiding in peace mode. If we were hiding in peace mode, we wouldn't be able to declare on you either.

I actually think NpO is putting out much more of an effort than other alliances in your coalition, like TOP for example.

Wars declared against anybody since Nov 1, 2013
NPO - 1330
NpO - 875
GOONS - 412
Sparta - 390
MI6 - 318
Invicta - 316
TOP - 304
Valhalla - 227
The Legion - 208
Commonwealth of Independent Nations - 15

Wars declared against NPO since Nov 1, 2013:
GOONS - 360
NpO - 338
Valhalla - 215
MI6 - 181
Invicta - 145
The Legion - 116
Sparta - 106
TOP - 54
Commonwealth of Independent Nations - 13

edit: added more stats

Fair enough. It wasn't necessarily aimed at you, but more a blanket response to Pacificans posting here. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a failing coalition over here. Every war starts somewhere, we were just an excuse for the start of this one.

You are unable to take blame for your own actions. It is always someone else's fault, there is always someone out to get you. You think everything in life in an excuse for a thinly veiled secret agenda. Even if your paranoid theory was correct, you still provided a spark with your own incompetence to kick the whole thing off.

It's unfortunate you had to drag people I considered friends down with you. 

Anyway, this is incredibly off-topic, and not worth my time. I'm sure we'll have this argument again when you attempt to blame someone else in another thread, so save your response for then. 

Edited by Starfox101

You are unable to take blame for your own actions. It is always someone else's fault, there is always someone out to get you. You think everything in life in an excuse for a thinly veiled secret agenda. Even if your paranoid theory was correct, you still provided a spark with your own incompetence to kick the whole thing off.

Starfox and I have had our disagreements, but he is 100% correct. Should have either plotted NpOs downfall smarter or covered your tracks. Choices have consequences.

It's unfortunate you had to drag people I considered friends down with you. 

Anyway, this is incredibly off-topic, and not worth my time. I'm sure we'll have this argument again when you attempt to blame someone else in another thread, so save your response for then. 

For the record, we as an alliance are willing to admit Polar had a legitimate beef with us. However, this war would not have happened were it just for that. We were an entry point that allowed certain alliances to settle scores with NPO, NG, and several secondary grudges.

Oh darn, I typed in the quote box. Argument invalid.

Seriously, was Polar jumped on as heavily as us? I hardly call that even. I still consider the argument valid. The fact is - by sheer numbers, we should NOT be doing more damage than taking. Your coalitions inability to work as a team, stagger, etc, is the real issue here. By sheer numbers, this war should have been over at the very beginning. That's obviously not the case.

Otherwise, I do respect the rest of your statements and appreciate the compliments as someone now in the lower tier.

Actually by virtues of the mechanics of this world in the greater picture a losing alliance should do somewhat more damage as they can effectively launch nukes against more targets than the winning side.

Settling grudges is icing on the cake for some, but NSO (and by extension her allies and co conspirators) presented a clear and present danger to not only Polar but also the political stability of the world.

You are literally the only person who even talks about political stability. Stop harping on your soapbox.

e: cleaned up for CCC's sake.

Actually by virtues of the mechanics of this world in the greater picture a losing alliance should do somewhat more damage as they can effectively launch nukes against more targets than the winning side.

I never saw you countering this argument last war. Edited by Neo Uruk

The Jesus I know came not with peace but with a sword.

You are completely and offensively wrong. 

This post amused me greatly. Take a look at the charts and you will see Polaris is doing nothing to preserve NS!

Polar's fighting hard. Your allies? Yeah... not so much. I am legitimately sad that you've thrown CCC into our meatgrinder, all reports I've gotten so far show that these nations are horribly built for war. One of my targets has a 6 mil WC at 10k... and hasn't had a war since March. Ouch. 

Frustration when you find out that you are trying to fight a war against an Alliance that hides in Peace Mode?

That's what has been coming to anyone fighting Pacifica.

Besides from Sir Paul's terrible voice  :blink: :wacko:  :gag:  :facepalm:

You can keep on harping on us for the PM thing, but our percentage (last I looked, 28%) isn't that much greater than Polar's (19%) and is significantly less than TOP (51%), Sparta (44%), and MI6 (55%). So, like I said earlier in this conversation, those in glass houses... Edited by Farrin Xies

Have you seen the terms offered?

I just did. NPO only gets peace terms if everyone else peaces out first, alliances not directly tied to NPO have to peace out before directly tied alliances can, and perhaps they make NPO's "banks" stay in peacemode for another year or something..... Seems pretty ridiculous considering "NSO" was the supposed target.....  I was sure they had said this was about NSO when this thing first kicked off......You would think now that their bullshit has been exposed for what it is there would be some people who signed on under false pretenses that were a little miffed. In fact I know there are. I say we just hold out until half their coalition declares on the other half. I've heard some interesting things since I got back from hiatus. Some quite unhappy campers over there. My nation can burn for another few months while that side works out their infighting. I won't mind.

Read my latest blog entry. It breaks down some stats and my opinion why the peace process has stalled. NPO is one of the four core offenders as either an NSO treaty partner or con conspirator, and has suffered the least comparable reduction of the four.

In other words you're saying the other side wants to beat up on NPO when they said NSO was their only target and concern. Pretty much the same thing I said though you seem to want to spin NPO as the bad guy for some reason. Whether NPO wants to let them do that is of course up to them. For me, I wouldn't give the bastards the satisfaction. Good thing I'm not in a position to make those decisions for anyone I guess.

In other words you're saying the other side wants to beat up on NPO when they said NSO was their only target and concern. Pretty much the same thing I said though you seem to want to spin NPO as the bad guy for some reason. Whether NPO wants to let them do that is of course up to them. For me, I wouldn't give the !@#$%^&* the satisfaction. Good thing I'm not in a position to make those decisions for anyone I guess.

Just read the original DoW again. Nowhere did it state that NSO was the sole concern. Indeed, it specifically named Non Grata as an additionally involved party. So can we please stop with the whining about NSO being the target. Edited by Tywin Lannister

Just read the original DoW again. Nowhere did it state that NSO was the sole concern. Indeed, it specifically named Non Grata as an additionally involved party. So can we please stop with the whining about NSO being the target.

Hilarious. THEY NEVER SAID THAT!.......yes they did. Repeatedly. Mostly after people who knew better said this is just a way to get at NPO without having to go at NPO. They said "No not us. We are honest about our intentions....NSO is our only target and we'll even give NG a break because they talked to us....(Don't let that fool you they were just scared of what would happen if they hit NG directly.)"....only now we all know the truth right? "The original DoW" Let's ignore the other hundred posts on the subject.... Polar and TOP have been full of shit since the very beginning. How anyone on any side would trust anything they say is beyond me.

You're a real card buddy. I sometimes wonder if you believe half the crap you spew.   

See magicninja, you are confusing Polar's intent of removing a threat, with the coalition intent of improving the political situation overall. There is no Brehon on this side ordering people to do stuff. This war is waged on behalf of the interest of the coalition and even the world as a whole.

Sure, and I believe that was in the context of the DoW. But nobody is talking about terms for NG because they have more or less been reduced sufficiently. Between TLR, NSO, NG and NPO (and NoR for that matter), Pacifica is the least reduced.

The only one they said they were worried about reducing was NSO. They lied. Do you not get that? I'm fine with it. Sometimes you need to be a little dastardly and lie at the beginning of a war to get people on board. Then, once the writing is on the wall you let your real intentions be known. Whether people take offense to being used for such nefarious deeds is usually settled the next time around. Whatever. Just don't sit here and try to say that isn't what happened. You look foolish in doing so. They couldn't even deny it now. Not after the terms they tried to hand down.

See magicninja, you are confusing Polar's intent of removing a threat, with the coalition intent of improving the political situation overall. There is no Brehon on this side ordering people to do stuff. This war is waged on behalf of the interest of the coalition and even the world as a whole.

No this war is being waged on a vendetta...teach Pacifica a lesson. That's fine. I sure as hell have no weight to throw to change anything. However, they knew they had to lie at the beginning of this war. paint NSO as "threat" to get in a position to beat up on NPO. They had to do that to make sure fence sitters took pity on their cause and made that task a bit easier. If they don;t have a problem treating alliances that way and the alliances in the coalition have no problem being used like that...fine. I guess NPO just got what was coming. Perhaps NpO and TOP were up front with everyone and said hey this is a revenge job on NPO not a removal of the NSO threat. Maybe they did. Then at least everyone over there knew what they were doing but then why lie at all? Seems to me some people were bamboozled from the start. I wonder how they feel about taking damage for a reason they were misled on? How would you feel? Edited by magicninja

The deeds were not "nefarious" at all. Every coalition is made up of alliances with different sets of interests. It is in not one of those alliances interest for this war to end in defeat and for NPO to be able to crush them later. Kill or be killed (not literally saying NPO is going to be killed btw). This isnt about hate, this is about survival. There is no moralism.