I was unaware GPA allows raiding

buckaroo13

Look at the reason for attacking.

Yes, a R&R applicant attacked one of our trainee members, so he defended himself.  A COMECON nation then also attacked the defending GPA nation with the war announcement "you attacked jackson861".  One of our Sentinel nations (Ennui) then assisted Barney in defending himself.

I do not see where you are trying to go with this.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please join me in #gpa. Edited by Stewie

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unaware GPA allows raiding.  Because Greyland has attacked a COMECON nation and is still a member of GPA.  Please explain.

When your member (Woofyo120) attacked one of our members (itsonlybarney), to assist the rogue (Jackson861) that was already attacking itsonlybarney, we tried to discuss the matter with you (with the "General Secreatary" of COMECON, as he qualified himself, i.e. with gorbachov) and to solve it amicably.

After your alliance ordered to Woofyo120 to stand down we were giving you some extra time, but Woofyo120 then decided to take peace off the table and to make other unprovoked ground attacks against itsonlybarney.

At that point we were still proposing to close the incident with just reparations, but then gorbachov decided to start talking of "work[ing] together in other means", never explaining (AFAIK) what was he talking of.

We then dispatched a defender (Ennui the Boring) to stagger (=take a defensive slot of) Woofyo120, with no attacks, while we explained to gorbachov that we could end the incident with said reparations (6M+100T, for the curious) or with a round of war for Woofyo120. Gorbachev's reply was that "negotiations fail".

It's important to underline that, at least AFAIK, gorbachev never discussed or questioned the merit or the size of said reparations. Anyway, at that point the GPA decided that you had ample opportunity to work it out without an escalation of hostilities, and that itsonlybarney deserved to get all the military assistance that Ennui the Boring could give to him.

Here we are now. Negotiations are still open - as they always are for the GPA, of course - and in the meanwhile Ennui the Boring will fight Woofyo120 (up to the expiration of his war with him). Hopefully this experience will dissuade Woofyo120 from harming or threatening our nations again.

I hope that this explanation is clear enough for you. If not, feel free to ask again.

I personally don't mind if you continue what apparently is a feeble attempt to smear the Agency, but if you're really interested in a quick resolution of this incident your best choice is probably to contact us in our IRC channel (#gpa on Coldfront).

tl;dr: the GPA does not allows her members to "raid". Ennui the Boring of Greyland is fighting in defence of our sovereignty, as it's his duty and his privilege to do. Of course (thank Admin!) Ennui is still a member of the GPA.

THE NEUTRAL MENACE

Well said, jerdge. :)

buckaroo13 - You are, of course, also welcomed to chat with us on our forums as I believe you already have an account.

Back to your cave, raider scum :|