I'm brand new to CN as of 2 days ago. I need to learn the ropes, and I'd like to do so quickly by receiving some intensive mentorship. With the new round starting in just a few days, I am offering my services for a round in exchange for everything you can teach me.

I will do whatever you ask of me. I'll fight in your wars, I'll farm for your team. I won't go rogue and make you unneeded enemies. In exchange, I want detailed descriptions of exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing. I want to know every level. Game mechanics, tactics, strategy, and especially politics. At the end of the round, I'll decide where I fit in best long term. And if that's not your alliamce, I expect no hard feelings. But as long as you're not skimping on the teaching, I will be loyal and obedient throughout the round.

We can do it for you, but it would be you reading our guides and only then asking. 

Also, we have high requirements towards your activity and discipline. 

Mechanics - they are a bit different in TE than in SE. 

Politics - you can truly learn them only if you are in the government. It's not going to happen in your first round :)

Our alliance is Citadel

I have no problem doing my reading ahead of time.

What are your requirements, exactly? I am sporadically active. I have a 2.5 y/o and a 2 month old, and I'm going to school part time. So life takes priority over games. This seems like the sort of game where I only really need to show up once a day. If I have instructions I can just carry them out and be on my way in a few minutes. I can do my politicing and learning on days when I have more time available. Is that feasible?

I don't exect to be given sensitive information. But I'd like to learn the lay of the land by the end of the round. So I'd like someone to walk me through the subscript of public statements, the history of alliances and enemies, and what they know of the motivation and personality of the people involved. This is a must. If I don't learn this stuff, I'm not going to have any idea where I want to fit in.

Once per day is fine, but requires a bit more time than a few minutes during wars.

Not sure you'd find someone telling you the history of TE for many hours though. To truly understand it, quite a lot of reading/playing is needed. No quick fix here. 

I think that's all I can offer for now

Misfits take in new players everyday. Eddyh and myself are the help you are seeking. We ask our members to personally message us and seek help. Next round we will be starting a new system to help our new nations grow successfully and you are more than welcome to try it out.

-kaboom

Once per day is fine, but requires a bit more time than a few minutes during wars.

Not sure you'd find someone telling you the history of TE for many hours though. To truly understand it, quite a lot of reading/playing is needed. No quick fix here. 

I think that's all I can offer for now

Well I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do more than a few minutes on any given day. Most of the time, sure. But there are days when I'm swamped and I'm just not going to commit to anything that's going to negatively impact my life. So you'll have to decide if you want me or not based on that.

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm looking for a quick fix. I'm just looking for someone who will explain things to me. I've played a game that's somewhat similar to this before, and I know that the real complexity is in the politics. So if I'm not learning about that, I'm really just spinning my wheels. I've been clear that I'm more than willing to do my reading before bothering anyone with stupid questions.

Not sure why this is sticking on the idea of explaining the political dynamics to me. It seems to me that you think I'm asking for more than I'm actually asking for.

Well I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do more than a few minutes on any given day. Most of the time, sure. But there are days when I'm swamped and I'm just not going to commit to anything that's going to negatively impact my life. So you'll have to decide if you want me or not based on that.

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm looking for a quick fix. I'm just looking for someone who will explain things to me. I've played a game that's somewhat similar to this before, and I know that the real complexity is in the politics. So if I'm not learning about that, I'm really just spinning my wheels. I've been clear that I'm more than willing to do my reading before bothering anyone with stupid questions.

Not sure why this is sticking on the idea of explaining the political dynamics to me. It seems to me that you think I'm asking for more than I'm actually asking for.

You can find me on irc in the evenings on the weekends and I'll be more than happy to explain whatever you want to know. I'm no good with messages because I never have time to respond to them. And when I do, I usually have forgotten about them. It's just better to catch me on irc and grab my attention there if you have a quick question. As for a learning alliance, kong is great for working with new people, as am I. Which ever alliance you choose, I still offer whatever help learning the ropes that I can give. I'm all for new players that want to dive right in. 

My irc nick: Samwise[GOP]

I usually hangout on #war-doves

Join NAO!
I know you from your IRON app.
We're a newer AA but we've been here a few rounds.

Our TE guides aren't spectacular but we have some experienced members.

And I can teach you everything I know. :)

Hey, did you happen to play the beta version of a mildly similar game called Fall of Nations way back when? I recognize your name.

Hey, did you happen to play the beta version of a mildly similar game called Fall of Nations way back when? I recognize your name.

Doesn't ring a bell.

Check your messages on these forums. I can mentor you. ;)

If you want to join me in TE, here's our forums:
http://naote.forumotion.com/

I just got done cleaning them up for this round.

If you use IRC, our channel is #ao Edited by Fox Fire

B-)

Be welcome to the CN:TE battle fields,lady.   Bright and dependable Gamers  are a must for all of the Alliances here.  You seem to fit the bill...  when ready, try us...  AT " SKARO's DALEK EMPIRE" ! (formerly "the Cult Of SKARO").  "Hybridization" won't rob your style..!   ;) :rolleyes:

Edited by HDSupreme

We got em Daleks. You guys have Patton. I get digger. :P

B-)

Lol...! ;)

Since we are "Family", any which way :  "We Got'em ..." too!!! :D  

heh, at least you guys will have a digger to dig the many graves that lie ahead :P we have a more technologically advanced method..... a fleet of JCB's!

It will take you a few rounds to learn everything about TE and spending a few minutes per day will not cut it if you want the whole package. spend this round learning how to play the game and also keep an eye on world events, such as wars and then spend next round learning about the history on TE. the Wiki will answer most of your questions.