Imperial announcement about random stuff

Surely "resolving this war shortly" could be achieved by offering NPO peace, instead of holding NPO at war indefinitely and blaming Us for prolonging the war by not peacing out.

It's almost as if NSO wasn't the primary target of this war...oh wait.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely "resolving this war shortly" could be achieved by offering NPO peace, instead of holding NPO at war indefinitely and blaming Us for prolonging the war by not peacing out.

Did you add in the last part because you believe you aren't prolonging the war or because it fits your agenda?

Edited by IYIyTh

Talks of "indefinite" and "eternal" war have started early this time. Barely a month in.

That can be attributed to the communications between both sides, I think .. With the standing lines from your side being that you outright refuse to discuss coalition peace, while our coalition refuses to accept piecemeal peace. Makes for a standstill.

I sincerely hope no one believes anything of the sort towards an 'elongated indefinite' [or 'eternal'], but 'indefinite' is a very appropriate word on its own under the circumstances.

That can be attributed to the communications between both sides, I think .. With the standing lines from your side being that you outright refuse to discuss coalition peace, while our coalition refuses to accept piecemeal peace. Makes for a standstill.I sincerely hope no one believes anything of the sort towards an 'elongated indefinite' [or 'eternal'], but 'indefinite' is a very appropriate word on its own under the circumstances.

That worked well for GOONS 1.0 and considering the alliances at war right now, I think it's a great idea. Don't let them put you down, little buddy. Coalition Peace or no peace!

For NSO and NG!!! Edited by Rotavele

if you know for a fact your ally will not receive peace until you peace out, wouldn't it make more sense to just peace out though?

if you know for a fact your ally will not receive peace until you peace out, wouldn't it make more sense to just peace out though?

Do you have to watch your ally get kicked around for another week, another month or another year though between those two peaces? Makes a big difference to how it's approached.

Do you have to watch your ally get kicked around for another week, another month or another year though between those two peaces? Makes a big difference to how it's approached.

I can understand that clarifying that sort of thing before they exit is definitely reasonable, I'm just not sure everyone burning until that's figured out is the best course of action.

Dude, come on. Don't act like you've never seen a Sponge post. ;)

That man probably sits down to dinner and proclaims, "I WILL SEE THIS MEATLOAF DECIMATED! i WILL NOT REST UNTIL IT IS DECIMATED!"

That man probably sits down to dinner and proclaims, "I WILL SEE THIS MEATLOAF DECIMATED! i WILL NOT REST UNTIL IT IS DECIMATED!"

I'm glad you're posting again tela, that made me laugh quite hard.

tumblr_mdjbtojDFN1rzaau5.gif

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/119699-dos-equis-declaration-of-war/?p=3205487

Aye, I would have expected that one sooner.

Gotta love sponge.

Quoted for truth. I've missed his posts. A small part of me wants to see how sponge would be as Emperor of Polaris in this day and age.

Don't most people.. get it out of their system before they go to bed? I don't know about you, but I haven't had a wet dream since I was in like the 7th grade. :|

I was being polite by assuming the moisture in your bed was the end result of some misguided attempt to not piss off the divine.

It's hard to "know for a fact" anything.. even if one 'get's it in writing'.

In my mind, if I go in to defend an ally... I'm there until the ally gets peace, unless said ally tells me to bugger off.

That can be attributed to the communications between both sides, I think .. With the standing lines from your side being that you outright refuse to discuss coalition peace, while our coalition refuses to accept piecemeal peace. Makes for a standstill.

I sincerely hope no one believes anything of the sort towards an 'elongated indefinite' [or 'eternal'], but 'indefinite' is a very appropriate word on its own under the circumstances.

The point is that a standstill over an issue like this hardly indicates that our side is opposed to peace in the near future.  In other words,you're right, and the last part about it not being 'elongated indefinite' is important, and probably something that people are going to try to gloss over for propaganda points.

Edited by Azaghul

No one in our coalition blames them for holding up the war, that just fits your agenda.

Yep.  Can't really blame NPO for asking for peace terms and getting outright refused because no one wants to take the lead in their coalition and exercise some leadership.  It's not NPO's choice when the war ends right now, it's the oA coalition's.  I can't see how anyone remotely intelligent would put that on the NPO.

Yep.  Can't really blame NPO for asking for peace terms and getting outright refused because no one wants to take the lead in their coalition and exercise some leadership.  It's not NPO's choice when the war ends right now, it's the oA coalition's.  I can't see how anyone remotely intelligent would put that on the NPO.

To a point. The winner dictates the terms, while it's on the loser to accept or refuse them. If the winner doesn't want to peace out... then the loser better be ready to bend over backwards if they want peace. Seems we have a ways to go.

Such childishness. No-one gets to dictate anything to anyone, unless the outcome of the war is very clearly massively lopsided and one party has no stamina to continue. Otherwise, peace is a negotiation. If more of the long-suffering inhabitants of Bob need to perish so that people learn that, then so be it. But one would have thought it unnecessary by this point in the planet's history.

Such childishness. No-one gets to dictate anything to anyone, unless the outcome of the war is very clearly massively lopsided and one party has no stamina to continue. Otherwise, peace is a negotiation. If more of the long-suffering inhabitants of Bob need to perish so that people learn that, then so be it. But one would have thought it unnecessary by this point in the planet's history.

As long as both sides are willing to fight on, however long it takes, there will eventually be a [i]decisive[/i] victor. At this point, that victory is not by such a huge margin, but as time wears on, the gap will widen; barring a miraculous turn of events or side-swapping major alliances I don't foresee the eventual outcome changing.