Imperial announcement about random stuff

Quoting this before you edit it out... wow you really are a comedian. Of course, some of us handle issues like men, instead of running to other alliances and shutting down forums. When (if) TIO realizes what kind of moron they've left in charge and boots your ass, are you going to shut theirs down too?

Your tears.. delicious

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your tears.. delicious

The quality of your retorts seems to be indicative of the quality of your leadership. I mean, it takes a real piece of work to make people look fondly back at my recent leaderships. But with you lot, where there's a will there's a way, right?

Enjoy your coming weeks/months of war, I know we will.

Oh joy, we all get to sit around the campfire and analyze a treaty!

Oh hello. So sorry if this took a while, but I've been a bit busy..

According to article 4 of the Plan B Accords, TOP managed to declare on TIO when it declared on NATO.. even if they tried to avoid us for some reason.

TIO hereby acknowledges TOP's declaration of war.

TIO also hates R&R for filling Skippy's slots >.>

PS: I'm sorry if you don't find many targets TOP. We have been taking a look into your peace mode strategy.. so far, it's quite boring :/ You should bring out your nations to play with and I'll bring out mine ;)

Sure, those AA's (the other signatories) consider themselves at war. It says nothing that indicates an external AA is DoW'ing all three when they DoW one of them. 

The second part doesn't say "declaration of war on TIO". According to the aforementioned Article 4, a declaration of war on a Plan B signatory is all that is required for TIO to recognize hostilities against the greater integrity of the bloc. Much as in any MDP treaty, as Centurius rightfully noted, this entitles TIO to act according to the customs of our world. In the case of this specific treaty, which is a bloc treaty with a stated supremacy, clause, TIO has every right to intervene in defence of NATO. Nowhere did TOP declare war directly on TIO, but that is irrelevant. What TIO's announcement effectively says is "we recognize TOP's declaration of war on the greater entity that is Plan B, and we therefore take military action". While I agree the wording is sloppy, and DDL would have been better served to write "managed... on Plan B" rather than "managed... on TIO" in the first part, I can't fault the spirit behind this announcement.

In short, this is a situation TOP could reasonably have foreseen when declaring war on NATO, based on both the MDP nature of the NATO/TIO treaty and the bloc/supremacy nature of Plan B. That said, I'm sure TOP foresaw it and didn't mind. Happy warring.

Oh joy, we all get to sit around the campfire and analyze a treaty!

The second part doesn't say "declaration of war on TIO". According to the aforementioned Article 4, a declaration of war on a Plan B signatory is all that is required for TIO to recognize hostilities against the greater integrity of the bloc. Much as in any MDP treaty, as Centurius rightfully noted, this entitles TIO to act according to the customs of our world. In the case of this specific treaty, which is a bloc treaty with a stated supremacy, clause, TIO has every right to intervene in defence of NATO. Nowhere did TOP declare war directly on TIO, but that is irrelevant. What TIO's announcement effectively says is "we recognize TOP's declaration of war on the greater entity that is Plan B, and we therefore take military action". While I agree the wording is sloppy, and DDL would have been better served to write "managed... on Plan B" rather than "managed... on TIO" in the first part, I can't fault the spirit behind this announcement.

In short, this is a situation TOP could reasonably have foreseen when declaring war on NATO, based on both the MDP nature of the NATO/TIO treaty and the bloc/supremacy nature of Plan B. That said, I'm sure TOP foresaw it and didn't mind. Happy warring.

So you agree that TIO has declared on TOP, and not the other way around?

The war isn't as consequential, I'm sure, as to who declared on who.. for some other purposes. 

@bcortell:

Depends on what you consider Plan B to be, i.e. whether an attack on NATO can be construed as a de facto attack on Plan B as a whole because ultimately TIO loses allocable NS out of the deal. If NATO and TIO are sufficiently joined at the hip, which the combination of their pre-existing MDP and the Plan B treaty makes them at least on paper... It's like if someone hacked into a bunch of bank records that include wiping the balance of someone's account who was about to give you a substantial gift, with the full knowledge that's what was happening - sure, your house hasn't been directly assaulted, but your interests have been injured enough for you to rightfully perceive hostility against you.

"for some other purposes" ...well I don't see any other possible purposes here. I'm looking at TIO's Wiki page now and I can't find a single TIO MDP ally that could possibly be of concern to TOP.

Edited by Max Power

We'll just see about that.

I was referring to on my AA, although I have no issues abusing my powers to force the losing coalition to pay whatever sum needed to bribe you into giving me a flag slot! it shall be their Christmas present to me.

tumblr_inline_mnf095MbkU1qz4rgp.gif