Dos Equis Declaration of War

Dajobo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware, NPO hasn't approached any of the combatants who are on the NPO front. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the only talks regarding NPO's peace has come from you (no, we're not doing coalition wide peace talks) and TIO and NATO trying to get Sparta to peace out on NPO. If NPO wishes to surrender and ask for peace, they can come talk to us themselves.

From what I understand, if Pacifica were to approach our enemies for peace, they are unwilling to speak to us because they cannot agree on the terms they want to give to us. We've spoken to Sparta, obviously, and heard a different tune, but whenever we've spoken to someone else against us they have refused to discuss any kind of peace with us.

EDIT: If you want to get formalistic, that's cool, but it's unfortunately an inaccurate representation of what has happened. Edited by Krzyzewskiville

So as I pull on the hip boots to wade through the garbage and general denial of reality in this realm a few clarifications:

1. Imperial level Gov members have been in contact with leadership from Sparta and the New Polar Order.

2. It has been made very clear that there will be no "Coalition" Peace granted.

3. Furthermore, it has been said repeatedly the NPO will not receive the opportunity to even discuss peace until our allies have achieved peace terms FIRST.

4. The New Pacific Order would love to see our allies achieve peace as it had been made very clear that no matter what the original DoW stated...Pacifica needs to burn more to make some people happy, while this is no surprise to us we find it unacceptable that our allies burn while the other side can't get their story straight and and agree what the end goal is here. Well of course the "NPO needs to burn more here" card is in play...they can't even decide what burn the all desire.

5. While not every alliance on Planet Bob can be as gifted as us and have allies that are truly "Ride or Die", the NPO is proud to say we do. We support them getting peace where they can and they are adamant they are not going to peace until we get peace. Funny thing is it really shouldn't be this hard since the war was not about the New Pacific Order according to the DoW...oh wait I am talking about realistic logic and realism doesnt belong in this realm...

My bad...everyone please feel free to continue on with your delustions

If your portrayal of the character of the talks is accurate, it seems to me that the course is very clear and you all simply refuse to take the first step.

If you will not be granted peace as a whole ("coalition peace") then it is counterproductive for TIO and NATO to have refused peace.

If "NPO must burn more" and NPO truly wants peace, then NPO must bring its 50K-80k nations out of peace mode and fight the war they're in.

Neither of these conditions for peace is unreasonable, and both are easily met.

As far as I'm aware, NPO hasn't approached any of the combatants who are on the NPO front. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the only talks regarding NPO's peace has come from you (no, we're not doing coalition wide peace talks) and TIO and NATO trying to get Sparta to peace out on NPO. If NPO wishes to surrender and ask for peace, they can come talk to us themselves.

I was speaking as a rep for our coalition at the time, but I'm not referring to those.  NPO has approached the combatants directly as well.  And I've approached my fronts and have been told NPO hasn't been given terms and that you were still deciding "their fate".  My info is correct, I just don't think you know the full story.

You still cannot claim that NPO hasn't approached you about peace.  If you had terms, you would've shared them by now.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

If "NPO must burn more" and NPO truly wants peace, then NPO must bring its 50K-80k nations out of peace mode and fight the war they're in.

So, despite NPO not being the "target" of this war, and despite over 70% of our nations over 50k having fought already (and been knocked down), it is "reasonable" to desire NPO to burn?

If your portrayal of the character of the talks is accurate, it seems to me that the course is very clear and you all simply refuse to take the first step.

If you will not be granted peace as a whole ("coalition peace") then it is counterproductive for TIO and NATO to have refused peace.

Why do these terms sound so familiar to me?   :mellow:

So, despite NPO not being the "target" of this war, and despite over 70% of our nations over 50k having fought already (and been knocked down), it is "reasonable" to desire NPO to burn?

I think it is. I can't speak for anyone else, but know I want to see NPO burned down completely, the fields salted, every single member of that alliance hunted down, and their nations completely leveled.

That is the only just outcome: for at last NPO will have been held accountable for its myriad crimes against humanity, crimes against reason, and crimes against good taste.

Pacifica must be destroyed!

I've been a party directly involved with peace talks five times. You caught me, I'm so inexperienced.

My point seems to have passed you by. To have existed on Bob as long as you have and not yet learned that making peace takes balls suggests you don't learn well. That, or your comment was posturing windbaggery.

Viet Pacifica does have a sort of biting irony to it.

If this war becomes this, I think we can pack it in, there simply couldn't be a more entertaining war better than that.

I think it is. I can't speak for anyone else, but know I want to see NPO burned down completely, the fields salted, every single member of that alliance hunted down, and their nations completely leveled.

That is the only just outcome: for at last NPO will have been held accountable for its myriad crimes against humanity, crimes against reason, and crimes against good taste.

My life for LUEshi! I always knew Polaris wanted to join the league!

tumblr_inline_mqqxa8JXTU1qz4rgp.gif

what goes around comes around, some might call it, Karma.

it's reasonable to ask anything of your opponents, now whether or not it's reasonable for them to accept the terms offered is entirely different.

You remind me of Rota for some reason.  I can't quite place it as to why, just something I'm sensing.   :psyduck:

Maybe you're reminded of the time NPO decided to ZI GATO if they didn't come out of peace mode?

The notion that my suggestion is similar to MK's demand that NPO's top tier be wrecked in exchange for peace is sophomoric at best.  If you truly believe that a desire for a war to be just that, a war, is the same, then you're dumb; if you're simply making an alarmist comparison, give the people out here more credit.

Continuum good faith, CDT/Illuminati good faith or something else?

Also, it lives.

Maybe only temporarily back, rl is still too much.

If I recall correctly, the CDT did not conduct the peace negotiations with Illuminati. I think Cable ran it via Fark and Superfriends. I'm sure I showed up and was a jerk, but I doubt Terry Howard wasn't deserving of it. I don't think I or NATO had much to do with the peace negotiations of Continuum either. We mostly just fought for the coalition as much as possible.

The only peace negotiations I led were with ALMEA, Shadow Republic and a few other small alliances and those were done within days with little drama. Or so I'd like to remember it.

Agreed! Welcome back Anu. Good to see you around.

Greetings brother, I'm always around, but only jump in on occasion. This war and current situation is fun and interesting enough. Hope you are well.

It is disingenuous to claim (as has occurred elsewhere) that we are somehow fighting for NG/NSO, or should have wrapped things up by now, when it is our ally in NPO that is being held at war indefinitely with no prospect of peace, or indication of what will (eventually) be demanded of it. NATO missed fighting in the DH v NPO war because we were fighting Sparta (on another of its oA chains) for TFD/NV, so it seems fitting we should be fighting for NPO in round 2.

That can't be right. If you don't like how the war started then you're clearly meant to oA onto the winning side while you watch your allies burn and offer as little token help as you think you can get away with. You obviously don't know how to CN.