Dos Equis Declaration of War

Dajobo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but your words ring hollow when they're filled with such falsehood.

Hello Pot? It's Kettle.

Never mind the fact that it's possibly one of the worst-kept secrets that your coalition would gladly peace out the outlying fronts (Sparta-NPO, Sparta-Us) as a means to get some of those alliances out of the way to focus on NPO for an extended period of time.

The whole "X Alliance is free to seek peace at any time" line is a nicer way of saying "Get the fuck out of the way so we can kick the crap out of NPO."

Hello Pot? It's Kettle.

Never mind the fact that it's possibly one of the worst-kept secrets that your coalition would gladly peace out the outlying fronts (Sparta-NPO, Sparta-Us) as a means to get some of those alliances out of the way to focus on NPO for an extended period of time.

The whole "X Alliance is free to seek peace at any time" line is a nicer way of saying "Get the $%&@ out of the way so we can kick the crap out of NPO."

That's usually how war works.

If y'all wanna burn for NSO, Non Grata and Pacifica that's your prerogative. 

Just stop whining about how your arm's being twisted in the matter, because it isn't.

That's usually how war works.

If y'all wanna burn for NSO, Non Grata and Pacifica that's your prerogative. 

Just stop whining about how your arm's being twisted in the matter, because it isn't.

I don't whine. Losers whine, and given the last few turns this war has taken, I'm far from a loser.

That said, it's not really my intent to stick up for NPO et al. I just find that whole "peace out with us so we can beat the living hell out of your treaty partner" thing to be laughable, and can see full well why that doesn't fly with NATO.

Hello Pot? It's Kettle.

The whole "X Alliance is free to seek peace at any time" line is a nicer way of saying "Get the $%&@ out of the way so we can kick the crap out of NPO."

There's no difference to Pacifica's damage totals if TIO-NATO-Sparta all peace out. Why? How much damage has Sparta done to NPO? They have had their hands full with two alliances fighting only them. Perhaps we just feel there's no reason to be fighting people we have no grief with. But please, keep pretending the entire world revolves around Pacifica and we are all out to get her. Besides, the rest of us have NPO under control. She will be attacked regardless. What is TIO and NATO's intent to do to the other alliances fighting only Pacifica with no counters on them? Free reign? You're essentially burning to stop Sparta while allowing others to tee off. If that makes political sense to you, please explain it to me, because I'm missing the overall point there.

NPO is riding the sympathy train hard this time.

Edited by Starfox101

There's no difference to Pacifica's damage totals if TIO-NATO-Sparta all peace out. Why? How much damage has Sparta done to NPO? They have had their hands full with two alliances fighting only them. Perhaps we just feel there's no reason to be fighting people we have no grief with. But please, keep pretending the entire worlds revolves around Pacifica and we are all out to get her.

Please spare me. Despite the wording of what peace terms were offered (and don't get me started on that whole process), NATO and TIO leaving now would essentially keep them out for the duration of the war.

Don't try to paint me as some NPO sympathizer. I like them on a personal level, and are more likable than the pompous pricks that make up a good portion of your coalition, but their decisions in Eq warranted this war. But into February? No.

Please spare me. Despite the wording of what peace terms were offered (and don't get me started on that whole process), NATO and TIO leaving now would essentially keep them out for the duration of the war.

Don't try to paint me as some NPO sympathizer. I like them on a personal level, and are more likable than the pompous pricks that make up a good portion of your coalition, but their decisions in Eq warranted this war. But into February? No.

War in CN is a relatively slow moving process. You should have been able to essentially predict the timeline of a war after the first week. Unless of course, Brehon steps in. Nothing being done here is overboard. 

Please address the edit to my previous post. 

How noble of you to extend it until May.

I don't whine. Losers whine, and given the last few turns this war has taken, I'm far from a loser.

What, R&R is going to yap about not losing a war they're not even fighting in? Heh.

That said, it's not really my intent to stick up for NPO et al. I just find that whole "peace out with us so we can beat the living hell out of your treaty partner" thing to be laughable, and can see full well why that doesn't fly with NATO.

Just because you dislike the terms offered does not mean that we're refusing your side peace. NATO doesn't like the terms? They're free to do what they did and decline them. You just don't get to turn around and say that nothing was offered, or claim that there's no sight of peace or the peace process.

You try so hard to put this all on their shoulders. Y'all couldn't be honest in the beginning, with those !@#$%^&* lines in your DoW on NSO about how they aren't the target yada yada rainbows and ice cream - and now everything is all about getting to beat on them. And your lies and skewered realities still continue right to the face of those who know what NPO is facing over here, thinking you can tell anyone here something they don't already know the truth about. Edited by Rayvon

You try so hard to put this all on their shoulders. Y'all couldn't be honest in the beginning, with those !@#$%^&* lines in your DoW on NSO about how they aren't the target yada yada rainbows and ice cream - and now everything is all about getting to beat on them. And your lies and skewered realities still continue right to the face of those who know what NPO is facing over here, thinking you can tell anyone here something they don't already know the truth about.

Still playing the victim. I see. 

You're spouting paranoid nonsense hoping to pull more political weight for your coalition. You've already lost, don't throw away your pride as well. Just today I've heard NG claim they were the target, and now you're all telling me NPO is the real target. Can you guys organize a party line on who you all believe was truly the target?

It makes no difference who the target was because all of you are fighting. If you had targeted MHA we would be in this exact same situation. If we had targeted ODN we would be in the same situation we are now. That is the life on the CN treaty web. Sides are defined and it is well known who you will fight when you declare a war. So yes, we knew we would fight NPO. Does that mean they were the target? No. They were not. Do you really think Polar would have chosen to fight an entire coalition instead of just rolling NSO? If presented the offer of all of them staying out, I can guarantee it would have been taken. Reality doesn't work like that, however, and a confrontation with NPO was inevitable. Are you implying we should have avoided this entire war with NSO because of NPO, or something? I really don't even understand what point you are trying to drive home, or who you are trying to sway. 

Does that finally clear it up for you? Can you stop complaining now? Would it make you feel better if everyone peaced out but Polar and NSO? 

This stance requires that you ignore the multiple times that NPO has been told that they can come to the table and talk peace. You have to ignore that NPO is refusing to talk peace unless it's on their terms, with them in control. I told you, and folks from NPO, this on IRC already, but I'll say it again here: You are welcome to come to us to discuss your options for peace. This applies equally to NATO, TIO, and NPO.

You're free to ignore this invitation and continue to posture about how ebil and disingenuous we're being, but your words ring hollow when they're filled with such falsehood.

Wrong.

NPO has sought peace.  You haven't given NPO terms yet. They can't peace out until you give them terms.  It's your indecision on what to give them that is causing this war to continue.  That's solely on you.  Maybe one of you leaders can grow a pair and take the lead. 

Let me put it this way, what terms have you presented NPO for ending all of NPO's wars?

Edited by Steve Buscemi

Wrong.

NPO has sought peace.  You haven't given NPO terms yet. They can't peace out until you give them terms.  It's your indecision on what to give them that is causing this war to continue.  That's solely on you.  Maybe one of you leaders can grow a pair and take the lead. 

Let me put it this way, what terms have you presented NPO for ending all of NPO's wars?

Wait, we have to grow a pair and take the lead, on giving peace? Firstly, I wasn't aware making peace took balls. Secondly, it's not the responsibility of the winners party to bend over. Peace takes time, but it will come. You can't come to the table and expect terms right away, especially considering I can already predict the attitude your coalition came in with, without even being present. 

You heard it here folks: Polar and TOP have the balls to declare a war, but not enough balls to make peace. 

Still playing the victim. I see. 

You're spouting paranoid nonsense hoping to pull more political weight for your coalition. You've already lost, don't throw away your pride as well. Just today I've heard NG claim they were the target, and now you're all telling me NPO is the real target. Can you guys organize a party line on who you all believe was truly the target?

It makes no difference who the target was because all of you are fighting. If you had targeted MHA we would be in this exact same situation. If we had targeted ODN we would be in the same situation we are now. That is the life on the CN treaty web. Sides are defined and it is well known who you will fight when you declare a war. So yes, we knew we would fight NPO. Does that mean they were the target? No. They were not. Do you really think Polar would have chosen to fight an entire coalition instead of just rolling NSO? If presented the offer of all of them staying out, I can guarantee it would have been taken. Reality doesn't work like that, however, and a confrontation with NPO was inevitable. Are you implying we should have avoided this entire war with NSO because of NPO, or something? I really don't even understand what point you are trying to drive home, or who you are trying to sway. 

Does that finally clear it up for you? Can you stop complaining now? Would it make you feel better if everyone peaced out but Polar and NSO?

Your coalition was not pulled together because half the world believes that NSO is the antichrist and capable of destroying the collective weight of XX/TOP/Umb/GOONS/IRON etc.

Like all coalitions out there, it is composed of different actors who joined for their own reasons.

For some of the people in your coalition - namely XX - taking NG down a peg has been one of the items within their national interest, and this war delivered that.

For other people in your coalition - namely the former DH-sphere, getting their own back on NPO has been one of their key goals (and outright admitted to as such), which is one of the reasons they are in this war, and one of the reasons they have been pushing against the concept of white peace for NPO.

So yes, people other than NSO are being targeted in this war. There is nothing wrong with that; let's not pretend that there aren't alliances we'd want to take down a notch if the boot was on the other side, but a certain degree of honesty should also be present in diplomatic discourse. We're all stained with blood. Edited by Letum

Wait, we have to grow a pair and take the lead, on giving peace? Firstly, I wasn't aware making peace took balls. Secondly, it's not the responsibility of the winners party to bend over. Peace takes time, but it will come. You can't come to the table and expect terms right away, especially considering I can already predict the attitude your coalition came in with, without even being present. 

You heard it here folks: Polar and TOP have the balls to declare a war, but not enough balls to make peace. 

Don't play coy (or maybe you just really don't know).  We are aware of the indecision your coalition leaders have over what terms to give NPO.  No one wants to take charge for them for fear of pissing off your coalition alliances and their differing opinions. 

And you are contradicting what the Sparta guy just said.  So what story are you going to go with?

Don't play coy (or maybe you just really don't know).  We are aware of the indecision your coalition leaders have over what terms to give NPO.  No one wants to take charge for them for fear of pissing off your coalition alliances and their differing opinions. 

And you are contradicting what the Sparta guy just said.  So what story are you going to go with?

It's a shame NPO's coalition last time didn't do the same thing.

So as I pull on the hip boots to wade through the garbage and general denial of reality in this realm a few clarifications:

1. Imperial level Gov members have been in contact with leadership from Sparta and the New Polar Order.

2. It has been made very clear that there will be no "Coalition" Peace granted.

3. Furthermore, it has been said repeatedly the NPO will not receive the opportunity to even discuss peace until our allies have achieved peace terms FIRST.

4. The New Pacific Order would love to see our allies achieve peace as it had been made very clear that no matter what the original DoW stated...Pacifica needs to burn more to make some people happy, while this is no surprise to us we find it unacceptable that our allies burn while the other side can't get their story straight and and agree what the end goal is here. Well of course the "NPO needs to burn more here" card is in play...they can't even decide what burn the all desire.

5. While not every alliance on Planet Bob can be as gifted as us and have allies that are truly "Ride or Die", the NPO is proud to say we do. We support them getting peace where they can and they are adamant they are not going to peace until we get peace. Funny thing is it really shouldn't be this hard since the war was not about the New Pacific Order according to the DoW...oh wait I am talking about realistic logic and realism doesnt belong in this realm...

My bad...everyone please feel free to continue on with your delustions

Look, the story I am sticking with, is that NPO approached us about peace, but we didn't have enough balls to stop fighting and thus had to carry on. Currently, we haven't offered NPO terms since their initial offering because we are still searching for a leader with a pair to make peace. It's just hard to make peace when you don't possess the stones that NG does.

In all seriousness, I didn't see any contradiction. I spoke in a hypothetical which I outwardly stated with my post, and he essentially stated the same thing when he said that NPO is wanting peace on their terms. This thread is not a peace talk, and if you want that, go talk to Dajobo. I'm only telling you the way I already know it went down. You guys don't exactly eat humble pie for breakfast every morning.

Your coalition was not pulled together because half the world believes that NSO is the antichrist and capable of destroying the collective weight of XX/TOP/Umb/GOONS/IRON etc.

Like all coalitions out there, it is composed of different actors who joined for their own reasons.

For some of the people in your coalition - namely XX - taking NG down a peg has been one of the items within their national interest, and this war delivered that.

For other people in your coalition - namely the former DH-sphere, getting their own back on NPO has been one of their key goals (and outright admitted to as such), which is one of the reasons they are in this war, and one of the reasons they have been pushing against the concept of white peace for NPO.

So yes, people other than NSO are being targeted in this war. There is nothing wrong with that; let's not pretend that there aren't alliances we'd want to take down a notch if the boot was on the other side, but a certain degree of honesty should also be present in diplomatic discourse. We're all stained with blood.

Well said. I do agree with much of what your post. The only thing I am arguing here is that Polar was not targeting NPO directly with this war. It was inevitable the moment the NSO treaty was signed though, whether it was you guys hitting us, or being hit by us. Polar has a legitimate grievance, to that I hope we can both agree.

As for GOONS/IRON/etc, I can't speak for their motives at all. You may well be correct. 

Then you have learned little in your time on Bob. Or maybe you have never led.

I've been a party directly involved with peace talks five times. You caught me, I'm so inexperienced.

Edited by Starfox101

Why not into February if NPO and ODN never leave peace mode over 50k?

Then you have learned little in your time on Bob. Or maybe you have never led.

Oh, blessed are the peacemakers, eh, Pingu?

pingu_app3.png

Edited by Schattenmann

Wrong.

As far as I'm aware, NPO hasn't approached any of the combatants who are on the NPO front. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the only talks regarding NPO's peace has come from you (no, we're not doing coalition wide peace talks) and TIO and NATO trying to get Sparta to peace out on NPO. If NPO wishes to surrender and ask for peace, they can come talk to us themselves.