TPF/STA Peace

Tiagoroth

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ Everyone

Nice fight STA and TPF, you guys motivated me to not like you during this war though with the constant lack of respect. Just being honest. 

Coming from you. I think I speak for everyone. On both sides. Thanks.

I think STA is truly the last alliance that has any amount of decency in those regards.  You are one of the few alliances that can really say this with a straight face.

Part of me is glad to know that no one can complain about oA chains or pre-empts anymore (except STA, and a few other AAs).  This war and the last, brought about the longest, most pre-emptastic fronts I've ever seen going back to GWIII.  But it does make great wars less interesting as they are now basically treaty-less free-for-alls.  It makes me wonder if we'll start to see coalition treaties pop up during a war and just be done with the trend of ignoring non-chaining clauses.

Guess you forgot about the 12 alliance ghost chain to allow Stickmen to hit us in Bi-Polar. Yeah, you guys NEVER did anything like that. So respectable.

edit: there ya go, Mogar.

Edited by Thrash

In the DoW thread it seemed STA was mad at Polar for not trying hard enough on STA's behalf to keep this gangbang from happening. Think I got that right, but it's been a while.

At any rate, asked of STA members: Is STA still mad? Or does Polar helping broker peace help some?

The anger at Polar was mostly because even after we cancelled on them both sides insisted that we were still friends, we'd have their backs and they'd have ours, treaty or not if something nonsensical happened, etc. Then to have them A-ok that absurd treaty chain felt like a dagger to the back for us.

As for if Polar had anything to do with the peace deal I can assure you that it means absolutely nothing to us, in fact I don't get why they would have anything to do with it, they aren't engaged with TPF or us at all. Most of us are actually disappointed that the war is over as IRON is one of the alliances we dislike the most, and we feel pretty good in that we were keeping up in damage throughout the loss of our upper tier and we now have a good number of high tech nations dropping down to absolutely shred the middle tiers. Damage ratios were going to be shifting our way even more. That's before considering that three nations going from 10k infra to 8k infra costs a hell of a lot more than one nation going from 10k to 4k infra as well. Our damage numbers were even better when considering how much financial damage we did. 

Polar resides alongside IRON on top of my "I want to roll them" list, and I think both of them have made their way up many people's lists with their conduct the past few months. I'm pretty sure that they have burned some bridges that can never be repaired, although I doubt they care. I look forward to the day when STA can march against NpO.

Edited by Coloradia

The anger at Polar was mostly because even after we cancelled on them both sides insisted that we were still friends, we'd have their backs and they'd have ours, treaty or not if something nonsensical happened, etc. Then to have them A-ok that absurd treaty chain felt like a dagger to the back for us.

As for if Polar had anything to do with the peace deal I can assure you that it means absolutely nothing to us, in fact I don't get why they would have anything to do with it, they aren't engaged with TPF or us at all. Most of us are actually disappointed that the war is over as IRON is one of the alliances we dislike the most, and we feel pretty good in that we were keeping up in damage throughout the loss of our upper tier and we now have a good number of high tech nations dropping down to absolutely shred the middle tiers. Damage ratios were going to be shifting our way even more. That's before considering that three nations going from 10k infra to 8k infra costs a hell of a lot more than one nation going from 10k to 4k infra as well. Our damage numbers were even better when considering how much financial damage we did. 

Polar resides alongside IRON on top of my "I want to roll them" list, and I think both of them have made their way up many people's lists with their conduct the past few months. I'm pretty sure that they have burned some bridges that can never be repaired, although I doubt they care. I look forward to the day when STA can march against NpO.

Excellent post.  Congratulations. 

It makes me glad to know that this isn't the prevailing school of thought within STA. 

No, but at the same time there's not much love for Polaris in STA to say the least. And this war really didn't improve my opinion of IRON either. Or GOD. Or Fark.

On the flip side, I despise NPO, NSO, and NG so not like I like the other "coalition" either.

Actually, let's just go with I hate you all. That's easier. Edited by Jyrinx

No, but at the same time there's not much love for Polaris in STA to say the least. And this war really didn't improve my opinion of IRON either. Or GOD. Or Fark.

On the flip side, I despise NPO, NSO, and NG so not like I like the other "coalition" either.

Actually, let's just go with I hate you all. That's easier.

Meh, I'm not saying you have to love them or anything. I just don't understand the whole "I hate Polar because we parted ways and then they didn't help us years later" line of thinking some have exhibited. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That being said, as I said earlier I know that's not the prevailing line of thought within STA, and I don't fault them for having passionate members. Just a sort of observation, if you will.

Meh, I'm not saying you have to love them or anything. I just don't understand the whole "I hate Polar because we parted ways and then they didn't help us years later" line of thinking some have exhibited. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That being said, as I said earlier I know that's not the prevailing line of thought within STA, and I don't fault them for having passionate members. Just a sort of observation, if you will.

Our feelings for Polar are really complicated. They're certainly not as simple as "I hate Polar." and the reasons are much, much more complicated than what you have described. Our history is complicated. STA has many reasons for our feelings toward Polaris. As far as we can tell, Polar has one reason for their feelings toward STA.

It is what it is. We'll work it out one way or another. You're right though. The prevailing sentiment in STA toward Polaris is not one of hate. Edited by pezstar

BRING IT

Our feelings for Polar are really complicated. They're certainly not as simple as "I hate Polar." and the reasons are much, much more complicated than what you have described. Our history is complicated. STA has many reasons for our feelings toward Polaris. As far as we can tell, Polar has one reason for their feelings toward STA.

It is what it is. We'll work it out one way or another. You're right though. The prevailing sentiment in STA toward Polaris is not one of hate.

You might be happy to know that it isn't just one anymore.

That said both of our alliances are similar in that one can not really claim the entire alliance having one attitude. I can't speak for STA members on the whole, but looking in the STA embassy on our forum, there's a very wide ranging set of opinion presented. And looking at the membership of Polaris, there is an equally diverse range. Essentially, anyone trying to say "Polar feels this way" or "The STA feels this way" likely isn't representing the true range of thoughts and opinions. From Polaris' side, our Emperor will ultimately determine what relationship we have with the STA and the rest of us will continue to think of them as great friends/be indifferent/wait in anticipation for the above threat to happen.

BRING IT

You might be happy to know that it isn't just one anymore.

That said both of our alliances are similar in that one can not really claim the entire alliance having one attitude. I can't speak for STA members on the whole, but looking in the STA embassy on our forum, there's a very wide ranging set of opinion presented. And looking at the membership of Polaris, there is an equally diverse range. Essentially, anyone trying to say "Polar feels this way" or "The STA feels this way" likely isn't representing the true range of thoughts and opinions. From Polaris' side, our Emperor will ultimately determine what relationship we have with the STA and the rest of us will continue to think of them as great friends/be indifferent/wait in anticipation for the above threat to happen.

Yeah, that's where we are too. The feelings are very diverse, and "STA" doesn't feel any one way. And ultimately, it only matters what Tyga thinks. :P