Underdog bonus broken?

Mandystalin

As I understand it (and have experienced it in the past) if you launch a GA with 10-15% odds the 'underdog bonus' kicks in, and you will do damage to your opponent's land/tech/infra even though you lose the battle and lose money in abandoned equipment.

However I have launched 2 attacks with 12% odds against the same opponent (one yesterday, one today) and this did not happen either time.

(I can give battle reports and details of the opponent as necessary)

Feel free to correct me but I seem to recall reading a while ago that the underdog bonus is no longer a thing...

It remains a thing in TE, where generally sub 30% odds give you a high degree of likelihood of doing half-damage, but I do believe that you're correct in SE...certainly haven't encountered it myself, and I've launched plenty of low-odds attacks. 

It remains a thing in TE, where generally sub 30% odds give you a high degree of likelihood of doing half-damage, but I do believe that you're correct in SE...certainly haven't encountered it myself, and I've launched plenty of low-odds attacks. 

It is there:

To: the rebel    From: jaquesparblue    Date: 12/7/2013 3:12:46 PM

Subject: Battle Report

You lost 2,830 soldiers and 0 tanks. You killed 809 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 0.653 miles of your land, stole 4.711 technology, and destroyed 18.846 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $1,007,278.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.

In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Hence why I believe its random and not a given.